Personal InformationByond ID?
    LilPenpusher

Marine Name
    Misti Rockwell

Other Whitelist Applications
    CO Application [Accepted]: //showthrea...er-Application

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Amy

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Amy constantly carries with her a paper(s) and pen and will jot down notes about people they meet, or events that unfold if deemed important/memorable.

Initially deployed in an Office complex as a middle management figure, Amy is surprisingly motivated and upbeat - at least around humans. She will gladly instruct, advise and fire people up about their jobs, in hopes of giving them an itch to improve performance rates as she had had to obsess over in her previous office assignment in the office. Thus, she values raw productivity very highly - a feature and trait seen in all synthetics to a degree but seemingly specially distinct with her due to her past. Courses of action that would yield low performance output and could be improved upon will be pointed out by her at nearest convenience, and she will try to advise and cheer on her colleagues towards reaching that higher effectiveness and productivity.

Note about quirk: For the sake of not having to make the same note for the same players over and over, and having to stop and write as often as a result (which would get very annoying and old very quickly), I am planning on keeping a google doc with names and notes regarding said names/people instead. I would copy+paste the notes if fit, as such. Makes the quirk a lot more workable in-game.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Truth be told, I have always, still do, and will always greatly enjoy support roles in games. I have always greatly enjoyed NOT being the frontline rambo guy doing the killing, but instead being the guy in the backline, backing them up in various ways, whether that be in the form of a Healer like in a MOBA or maybe something like a Heli Pilot in cases such as, for example, Rising Storm 2. I greatly enjoy those roles.

CM is no different. My most played role is Squad Medic, and if shipside medical wasn't... mmm, we'll call it 'in a rough condition', then I probably would have an equally high amount of doctor hours, too. Some who know me will know that I keep saying that I don't much play CM for epic frags or marine majors, but rather the roleplay moments and supportive elements. That's why I play Medic, that's why I went for the CO Whitelist and it's why now, I am going for Synth - a role that can both be considered the 'ultimate support' role, while also being a VERY unique chance for roleplay!

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Amy encounters a rather rookie Cargo Technician after her transfer to the Almayer, and decides to teach him how to run things on his own, without a RO to do things for him.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Truth be told, this may be the weakest of the bunch - but that's not to say I'm not versed in it.

Naturally I know the basics such as cading, but also am aware of how to setup power, how to (de)construct APCs, and likewise with airlocks. Additional things I know are the loading of the OB, OT big boombas and how to setup comms. I will continue playing Engineering roles specifically while this App is up, since I do want to engrain that knowledge just a bit more. As it stands, though, I know all the prominently necessary tools of the trade.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Verily so, which I suppose isn't a surprise what with the CO Whitelist and all.

Plenty of hours on XO and CO both, and about half of either of those on SO. Needless to say, I know the ins-and-outs.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    After shying away from Medbay Medical for a long time due to Chemistry haunting me 'til the Afterlife, I recently devoted myself to it extensively and got the hang of it very well. Chemistry is now no longer an issue to me, and I know the common recipes such as IA and KD off the top of my head without need for the wiki. Surgery, and operating the machines in Medbay are also no issue at all.

The one thing I know positively little to nothing about is Research, but I'm not sure if that counts as 'Medical' in this context? I was never interested in the role, least of all after Techwebs gutted it.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    My limited CT hours (just about 11) betray my actual experience in req bay, given the sheer amounts of times I had to go and fill in for empty req as SO, XO and CO. I know all the abbreviations for attachies and can hand them out in a timely manner. I know what a basic FOB crate looks like, and know when THAT GUY (Scout/Sniper Spec) orders more ammo for first drop which I should best refuse to give, since they'll probably be dead in a ditch by the time the second one happens.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Personally, there are two scenarios that jump into my mind off the top of my head here: Self-defence, and defence of others.

The first one seems obvious - defending myself when attacked so that I don't die. However, I am a synth, and it's usually in my best interest to NOT choose a fight, but instead simply walk away entirely and disengage. After all, if I'm on my own and get ganked by a Lurker, I'm probably doing something wrong. If I'm NOT alone... well. I walk backwards a few paces and let Marines play the video game. Then I look to getting back to work. Self-defence should only be conducted if escape/retreat is difficult or outright impossible, and even then the policy should be survival, not chasing a kill. Running away asap would be the name of the game, still.

Defending others is similar, except far more limited. When in a crowd of marines at the front, the synth should obviously NOT wield that fireaxe of his and go sicko mode on that Spitter just because he keeps aciding that one lad. Self-defence in this context means specifically being isolated, with little to not support to do the defending for me. Like when I am transporting someone through hydro road on LV, and I get ganked, and the runner starts tackling my patient. I would naturally try to shoo them away, and then proceed on my way as soon as able.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Big thanks to QuickLoad for the suggestion of taking notes on a google doc instead of repeatedly making them in-game! Big thankies!

Also sorry for walls of text. I can't help it.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great story and quirk. Amy looks lovely and I can't wait to roleplay with her.

Can't vouch for your support skill so I will just vote based off your app, +1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like how much effort you've put into giving Amy her quirk and character, while maintaining a proper synthetic composure.
    While this app is up you should hack the req console and fix a broken APC just for the experience - you'll get used to quickly memorizing the technique of dismantling, fixing, and repairing electronics quickly.

A reputable player who has clearly shown a great amount of effort in their app, I can vouch for their latest work at medical and command. +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whenever i hear the name amy I cant stop thinking of a certain foxgirl.
    aside from that mist is pretty ok
    +1
    stop pushing pen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
    While this app is up you should hack the req console and fix a broken APC just for the experience - you'll get used to quickly memorizing the technique of dismantling, fixing, and repairing electronics quickly.
    Oh, I know all about the APC. I used to VC frequently when a friend of mine was online! But yeah, I'm continuing to play more as I go and have this up, to memorize stuff more easily. Learning by doing and all that.

Thanks for the feedback! And thanks again for the great suggestion regarding my quirk.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'd say that the quirk choice is gimmicky and questionable, but you've elaborated on it very well and if you're really going to do it as described here, it checks out in my opinion.

The story checks out as well, no complaints here.

I've seen you play all of the necessary support rules in the past and can vouch that you know what you're doing in that regard.

Based off of your other responses I'd just like to put a general reminder that synths are not allowed to look act snowflakey. It's not some involved, huge requiremet, but just remember that synthetics are meant to blend in amongst the marine crew and not stand out and try to be a snowflake, so no stuff like talking condescendingly towards marines, having neon hair colors/weird/out-of-place hairstyles etc. though this much is likely obvious to anyone who has previously interacted with a synth. Of the marines, for the marines!

+1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive seen them previously when they were working on CO app and since. Their req hours are severely misleading as they often play aRO due to circumstances. More recently i have seen them follow up on their promises in regards to engi and have been playing CE quite a bit. While the quirk seems like it could be interpreted in a way that could have issues, the player seems to want to interpret it in a SEA light fashion which seems fine. +1 both for the app and player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so apparently I'm either delusional or retarded or both.

Due to an oversight, I didn't realise that the name Amy was already taken. Luckily I saw this now, and 50Rem and I talked it out no problem.

To remedy the issue, my synth name will instead be Ember.

Apologies for the slight oversight on my part. I swear I looked at the darn list twice beforehand!
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Council talked about the name Ember, it doesn't work. We would be perfectly fine with Amber tho

Otherwise its a good app and good player, but please change the name. +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIgboyyo View Post
    Council talked about the name Ember, it doesn't work. We would be perfectly fine with Amber tho

Otherwise its a good app and good player, but please change the name. +1
    I thought about both beforehand, but instinctively went with Ember since it's a French name and my synth was originally named by French Wey-Yu folk. Amber works just as well, though!
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.