1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExGame - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    ExGame

Marine Name
    William Frost, Andrej Karadzic (MP), Jacques Kazadi (SEA)

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Tony

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Tony is a mechanic, he could talk hours about anything that has an engine. Be it the tank, the APC or the dropships. Even humans could be summarised as orgnic engines when it came to fixing them, they just need some replacement parts and a bit of maintenance. His personality resembles that of a young high school graduate straight out of Boston. He talks with almost everyone like he was their neighbour, asking how they're doing, whether their mother's well, making sure their mother's well and that the cadets are doing well in boot camp.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I love to play support roles. Be it medical, engineering, command. Some more than others, of course. Being able to help out wherever necessary with the skillset that you have sounds very rewarding. Especially when people are thankful to see a synth enter their department. Sometimes as a doctor, you'd just have nothing to do for half an hour or so, as a synth that wouldn't happen.

Synthetic Character Story
    ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can play and I can teach engineering to others. It isn't my most favourite department, but I wouldn't find problems playing it, even building cades on the frontline.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I play SO/CO whenever I feel like it or got some interesting plan. It is a very nice department to create RP with and get involved in shipside action. I know all there is to commanding.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Over the years, my most played department. I love medical. Only research is still kinda unfamiliar.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Don't play it often, but I know what to do if I do play. Comes from playing command and having to man req a lot.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    When you're sitting in an APC to do surgery, I'd beat the shit out of any xeno that comes aboard, seeing they are actively looking to kill either the VCs, me or my patient. What wouldn't be okay is to chase after the xeno after it leaves the APC.

When a distress beacon sends UPP and create a truce with marines because of xenos, I'd treat them like a neutral third party and not attack. Should they break the truce however and one person opens fire on marines, I'd try to disable them with stuns, or if not possible, put them into crit and leave them to MPs/other marines to deal with them.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Yes

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    EORG ban a week or two ago, unfortunate circumstances.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are unable to properly maintain the standards/attitudes of the CO WL, where the only thing stopping you from losing it is that you've never played it since your suspension; what makes you think you'll be able to do better for Synth?

There's already precedent Synths for people like you, and the WL doesn't have room for it. Sorry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post

You are unable to properly maintain the standards/attitudes of the CO WL, where the only thing stopping you from losing it is that you've never played it since your suspension; what makes you think you'll be able to do better for Synth?

There's already precedent Synths for people like you, and the WL doesn't have room for it. Sorry.
    Don't know where you got your info from, I've played CO a lot since my suspension. And the suspension reason was not my standards or attitude, it was for trying to do things not allowed by CO guidelines such as trying to pardon a capital crime, trying to deputise a SEA or thinking a SO can take the CIC while I deploy, things that used to be allowed in the past. That's because I haven't properly read the new guidelines (which, yes, was my mistake and I regret not doing so) after my year-long vacation from CM. Esentially, my suspension was so I had time to learn those new guidelines without the risk of fucking up again. There has not been a single incident since my suspension, and you can ask the CO senator about that.

I think I'll do better as synth because I've read the guidelines and know what they can and can not do before I applied.
    Last edited by ExGame; 06-09-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I cringed and/or laughed at Ex's actions before their suspension from CO, they have indeed massively improved since then and do, in fact, play CO regularly now. In fact, they were the CO in the second to last round as I'm writing this. They play everyday, basically.

Ex, both before AND after the suspension, has shown to be both interested and capable of enjoyable MRP-HRP conversations and handling situations that would require as much. I'm not entirely sure where this accusation of unprofessionalism and deviancy is coming from, but they have a +1 from me, I believe.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not comfortable with you applying so soon after coming back from a CO suspension. Come back in a month's worth time and we'll see.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing holding your application back is primarily the trouble you've received lately on the CO whitelist. Tony the synth is a really cool quirk that I'd love to see done, but I'm not sure if you're the guy to do it.

How are we supposed to be able to trust you to follow the tighter rules of the synth whitelist if you've had problems with the CO whitelist? I get that you took a break and assumed not much changed, but the rules for synth are much less natural to follow, and more punishing if you break them.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    The thing holding your application back is primarily the trouble you've received lately on the CO whitelist. Tony the synth is a really cool quirk that I'd love to see done, but I'm not sure if you're the guy to do it.

How are we supposed to be able to trust you to follow the tighter rules of the synth whitelist if you've had problems with the CO whitelist? I get that you took a break and assumed not much changed, but the rules for synth are much less natural to follow, and more punishing if you break them.
    Not sure whether it's just feedback or a question. I personally don't think I'd have any problems following synth rules, I play CO quite fine at the moment. Well, if you take my history into account, then yeah, it is your decision whether to accept my current app or at a later date if you think it's too risky. I know the punishments, but would try my best to not let it come to that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 for reasons aleady stated.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I thought your quirk was interesting enough and your story had dialogue that demonstrated how you could use it effectively in a round to round basis, which is everything I look for. Dialogue quirks are always effective and this one has enough substance without being overbearing and susceptible to burnout.

The skill questions were OK. Nothing exceptional to write about but you don't list much for each category. You frequenting command roles is assuring but I would have really liked a bit more of the specifics of what you know and don't know. Even just listing what you think the most important skills for each department are would be fantastic.

Combat scenarios were correct. Just remember to not fight if there are enough marines to protect you. It's more important to heal them and do other support jobs anyway.

While you have a positive vouch it sadly does not outweigh the negative vouches. I believe if you continue doing well as CO without any future issues your next potential application will go much smoother. I do hope you consider reapplying in the future.

-1 from me
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with all the councilors on this one. I try not to take risks with my applicants, and I find you to be too much of a risk at the moment given your history.

You can reapply in a month. This app is denied.
    Synthetic Senator