Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WH0_T00Kthejam - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    WH0_T00Kthejam

Player Name You Use Most?
    Harley Piett

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    N/A

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC +1

What is your discord username and handle?
    Jam#1411

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of a commander is to: Plan, organise, lead and carry out orders. While also maintaining discipline and upholding the standards and values of USCM.

In CM, that relates to making sure the CMP is right and justified, leading an operation with an XO and CIC effectively: making callouts using TACMAPs to give marines an idea where they are and where they should be and probably allowing any schemes research has brewing and give them the green light and if needs be stepping into other departments duties if needed (Such as OB loading).

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    Why do I want to be CO? Dam Not going to lie I struggled with this question, I’ve kinda always looked up to COs like Greg lauffer and his essay speeches then COs like Windhealer and Juro who always made a round fun and wacky and well...difference. I don't want to be a carbon copy of these people nor emulate them I want be my own CO and really its just a long time goal of mine.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    ExperienceHow familiar are you with command positions?
    SL- lead the squad or die trying. Is how I generally like to run it I tend to leave OBs and CAS to people with better senses of judgement than I. Listen to CIC and scream to the rest to do what CIC says.

SO and XO birds of a feather really both command and run marines depending on numbers the duties change accordingly.
    While also making sure REQ requests are heard and working on a squad to squad basis.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    40 hours

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    Played them all apart from CMO as well...CMO is boring (IMO)
    I can do all of the ROs duties with my eyes closed- CMP is enforcing ML and SOP. CE runs engineering and loads the OB.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    Yeah I’m pretty confident in ML and SOP that provosts wont become my acquaintances.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    I see BEs as an LRP result to LRP actions say for example: Someone is smashing your head against glass and nearly killing you and then preceding to do it to other people.

Or if someone is trying to incite mutiny right in front of you which is trying to destabilize command and the whole operation then I’d cap him.

Overall if you cant justify a BE then don’t do it, talk it out instead.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    Are they a good person? Are they a shitter? Was the crime dumb? Are they important to the operation? (Critical personnel)

Pardoning is special by nature since only a CO can do it, not a XO, or aCO only the CO making it a special.

But as always context would matter when ever it came down to a decision of pardoning ones crimes, crimes like DASO and DTGP, I’d probably do if I knew the person wasn’t gonna recommit the same crime and get me arrested too.

Example: An engineer has broken into the med bay, for a Wey-med plus, bringing it onto the DS and hacking it, and a MP has decided to arrest this man for doing DTGP and trespassing and CMO has taken an issue with it. (The engineer probably should of asked first) and as such the engineer feels this is an injustice and has asked me to pardon him.
    It’s early in the OP and he’s from say….bravo squad and he is needed to build the FOB (mission critical- IMO) I’d probably pardon him because there’s another wey med plus on the ship and the squad medics need it to keep supplies and this’d most likely be the only instance of it or to make this a much simpler process I could simply turn this into a NJP instead of jail time.

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you pardon people for being important to operation it will set a mindset that you'll get pardoned for just being 'important'
    unless that bravo engineer given in the example is the only engineer he's not important, remember that CT, MT, OT, etc can build barricades, and also your SO and You, Sure he's getting a med vendor and there's like 3 on the ship. Most people use all of the vendors anyway but there's also a vendor colony side that can be repaired with ease. and if this is the start of the op, you're not gonna need it immediately.
    I've actually seen you as XO and I can see your ambition, you're fairly competent (FROM MY POINT OF VIEW ANYWAY)
    ML Questions!
    1) A survivor has come shipside and committed several minor crimes( the exact crimes don't matter what matters is it's not a serious crime but they're repeatedly doing it) and it's starting to affect the productivity of shipside staff. What do you do
    2) You've only one cargo technician, they were dismantling the ship for materials and got arrested for DTGP. What do you do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    if you pardon people for being important to operation it will set a mindset that you'll get pardoned for just being 'important'
    unless that bravo engineer given in the example is the only engineer he's not important, remember that CT, MT, OT, etc can build barricades, and also your SO and You, Sure he's getting a med vendor and there's like 3 on the ship. Most people use all of the vendors anyway but there's also a vendor colony side that can be repaired with ease. and if this is the start of the op, you're not gonna need it immediately.
    I've actually seen you as XO and I can see your ambition, you're fairly competent (FROM MY POINT OF VIEW ANYWAY)
    ML Questions!
    1) A survivor has come shipside and committed several minor crimes( the exact crimes don't matter what matters is it's not a serious crime but they're repeatedly doing it) and it's starting to affect the productivity of shipside staff. What do you do
    2) You've only one cargo technician, they were dismantling the ship for materials and got arrested for DTGP. What do you do

Answer to question 1: Well I'd probably get the CMP to evict the survivor if he kept doing it but like that's Only if the survivor does a major crime or probably tell the survivor to knock it off over comms and go deploy to be of use.

Answer to question 2:Check in with the CE, to see if the CT asked if so then I'd tell the MPs to let them go, I'm assuming the CT is just going around the briefing room dismantling all the chairs, and if not well I'd get someone to cover for them while they served out their sentence, but still if it was minor I'd get it NJP'd then remind the CT to get the CEs permission to scavenge the ship.
    Harley Piett / Oronto Obasanjo

A'kei Teer the yautja
    Synthetic Jeanne

Discord: Jam#1411

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty good answers actually.
    I look forward to seeing you in-game more when applicable.
    but otherwise (from what I have seen anyway) I think you're fine
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, played MP with this dude they know ML +1 from me

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do great in CIC and on the ground, I've personally played with you numerous times both as an SL following your orders and vice versa including a commsless groundside round which we won, I believe you'll be a great addition to the CO roster.

+1

Peasant Commander theXDkidoflol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen them around as a squad leader, and they've got the stuff to be a good CO. I've seen them occasionally as XO too, of course, but they're an SL main without a doubt. Either way; they're not someone I'd consider a poor choice for a new CO.

just stop calling me austro-hungarian you bully :(

+1 from me
    Captain Jacob 'Skinwalker' Kelar, of the USCM. Moth fanatic. Lover of bugs. Cults, too, though I'm not sure why.

A few of the medals I've earned, since there's a four image limit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to +1 this. You’re a good XO and while I’ve only been with you in CiC once I’ve seen you in other rounds do a good job of leading. Just remember with the pardon answer that while a crime may be stupid if you pardon a marine and they do it again that’s on you.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you play as XO and as MP, your XO character is a great fit for the WL and what I've seen you play you don't have any issues understanding ML. +1 from me.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the most active XOs. You know how to put the pieces to work in rounds. You also play a lot of MP so you have a pretty good understading of ML and SOP.
    You will certainly be a great addition to the whitelist.
    +1
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635