User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WH0_T00Kthejam - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have played a lot of XO, make sure to keep playing it. It is really disheartening to see CO applicants playing things like marine roles when command positions are open. I'm fine with +1ing you now, but make sure you can play command and enjoy it, otherwise you won't make a good CO.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're a total baldass on the ground, this role will suit you well.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A marine in briefing is telling other people around him that you are a 1/10 CO and that your orders are terrible. Generally, they're shittalking you repeatedly and trying to convince others you are not capable. You opt to BE them

Valid BE?

A Doctor is brigged for Minor Insubordination against the CMO, directly insulting and refusing their orders. You opt to pardon them. Later, the Doctor insults the CMO again along with the MP's while leaving the brig. They are then brigged again.
    They ask for another pardon.

Are you able to pardon them again? What other options would you have had available to you to deal with the issue? Is there anything else you should keep in mind when considering a pardon in the first place?

The MP's are chasing a prisoner who is unarmed. You decide to whip out your trusty mateba and shoot them to incapacitate them, but decide not to Battlefield Execute.

What would likely happen in this scenario?
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

Whitelisted Commodore and CO Councillor, Admin, and Nerd!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Somenerd View Post
    A marine in briefing is telling other people around him that you are a 1/10 CO and that your orders are terrible. Generally, they're shittalking you repeatedly and trying to convince others you are not capable. You opt to BE them

Valid BE?

A Doctor is brigged for Minor Insubordination against the CMO, directly insulting and refusing their orders. You opt to pardon them. Later, the Doctor insults the CMO again along with the MP's while leaving the brig. They are then brigged again.
    They ask for another pardon.

Are you able to pardon them again? What other options would you have had available to you to deal with the issue? Is there anything else you should keep in mind when considering a pardon in the first place?

The MP's are chasing a prisoner who is unarmed. You decide to whip out your trusty mateba and shoot them to incapacitate them, but decide not to Battlefield Execute.

What would likely happen in this scenario?
    Answer to Question 1) Yeah it's valid because he's trying to convince marines I'm not capable which is mutiny fuel. IF it was an isolated incident I'd of given them DASO, but since he's constantly trying to do it. He is most likely trying to get a mutiny up and therefore a threat to my command.

Answer to Question 2) I'm definitely in jail for like any crime he has done no doubt about it, as for a second pardon? Nah no way. He has shown he cant be trusted nor would I stick my neck out for him either. As for other options, he could of appealed or done an NJP for minor insub.

Answer to Question 3) he's a prisoner and it's jailbreak at that point (Capital crime) and is gonna get executed anyway. As for what's going to happen? The prisoner will be in MP custody and then have his execution authorized, announced and carried out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! Apologies that my feedback is so short but I have stuff IRL atm.

1. Good! Even without someone trying to start a mutiny, they are actively and openly spreading the idea that you are incompetent, which *is* a threat to your command, especially in an environment like briefing.

2. Good answer again, you've also considered appeals and NJP substitutes which is greatly appreciated. In a situation where it's a subordinate being arrested for insulting/attacking their subordinate, you should also consider how it might feel for the CMO to have a doctor being an asshole pardoned by the CO. You may end up causing bigger problems departmentally.

3. You cannot use the mateba as a non-lethal tool to incapacitate someone in an arrest. If you use the mateba, it should be used in accordance with Lethal Force in Marine Law or as part of a Battlefield Execution. It is not a makeshift taser. You would be brigged for ADW if the MPs understood what happened.

Other than that, I think you should be fine!

I've heard rumour of some LRP concerns, but I don't recall anything to mind. Please keep in mind the CO role is expected to be higher quality in roleplay and poor behaviour may result in infractions. Don't slip up on standards if you get it, is my point.

Good luck!

+1
    Last edited by Somenerd; 06-22-2021 at 09:45 PM.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

Whitelisted Commodore and CO Councillor, Admin, and Nerd!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen you leading the operation and in my apeal handling test. You did well in both. Just keep in mind you can force NJP for minor crimes rather than pardon (it keeps you safe in case they do something again).

I see no reason not to +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been gone a good while, but I have already seen you be competent as XO in the short time I have been back, and you seem dedicated to getting good experience and advice. Not that you need another +1, but I got a good feeling about ya.
    - Squad Leader Charles 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Whitelisted Captain LilPenpusher's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a few extra reminders regarding Somenerd's questions:

For the 1st, you may wish to opt to have MPs tackle the guy and take them away instead. The BE is valid, as Some confirmed, but you'd openly label yourself as a dictator to most if you straight up gunned a guy down at Brief. I'd be willing to wager that that would be more inciting for a riot and/or mutiny than whatever he previously said.

For the 2nd, keep in mind that your options after the second arrest may be limited. You pardoned someone, and they went and committed another crime (the same ones, at that), meaning MPs have every right to see you in Brig as punishment. If a pardoned prisoner commits a crime after, the CO can share the punishment as a result. So yeah, be careful.

OTHER than that, I agree that this app is rather solid. I may not be 100% on board with your roleplaying standards all the time, and they do seem to be inconsistent at times as well, but you're undeniably capable in the seat of the aCO. You will do fine as a proper CO, I just wish you to step up your roleplay standards a tiny bit and keep it consistent. Besides commanding, Captains are expected to be in-character at all times, and provide roleplay with many other shipside roles and more, such as the CL and any survivors that might trickle into CiC.

+1 on this in good faith. Good luck!
    Lance Corporal Misti Rockwell, Squad Medic (Alpha/Bravo).

Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Captain Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Commanding Officer Council Member Pahndoomack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have confidence in you to uphold the standards we set.

Remember that many of your actions can guide the behavior of the marines for the entire round and setting a good example is part of why you're whitelisted.

+1, I think you'll do fine.
    Alberto 'Topper' Staffer
    Sam 'Snake' Creed
    Jack Houser
    Synthetic Jacobs

Discord Pahndoomak#7127

Frankly, stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a majority vote of +3/5 this application is accepted - welcome aboard, Captain! Your perms'll be updated shortly.

Just remember to take heed of the advice the others've given on this app and you'll be fine, alright?
    Rear Admiral Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    & Synthetic Tara.

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    Developer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump