0 Thread(s)

NuggetsOnToast - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    NuggetsOnToast

Marine Name
    Rob Warraker

Other Whitelist Applications
    I submitted a mentor application way back in February, and have lost track of it.

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Rook

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Rook is a jovial and adventure seeking biologist. He enjoys deploying alongside the marines to the many different colonies to observe new and interesting ecosystems and forms of life. Any unknown organism peaks his curiosity hostile or not.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I have logged many hours in pretty much every role and would be a lie to say I am not seeking a new way to play the game. I love playing support roles either on the ground and on the ship and believe I can roleplay sufficiently to fit the synth requirements.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

If this link does not work crucify me

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    As of this application I have 130 CE hours, 50 Squad engineer and 36 MT hours. I am very confident and can do most engineering tasks with my eyes closed.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have 20 SL hours and counting, and 17 as an XO. I can comfortable lead CIC alone and assist anywhere when needed.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Medical is my least played area. With 23 Squad medic hours and only 9 as a doctor. I know how to do all the surgeries and understand how to do medical well. Always running mini med and such. The only issue is my general lack of chem knowledge, I know how to make IA and KD the basics but not much else and will have to learn.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I currently have 45 hours as RO. I personally love the role and play it all the time to have a chill game and can easily run it by myself.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    1. Alone and a lurker pounces on me.
    If pounced on I will attack the lurker with my melee weapon as to create a window for my hasty withdrawal. I would not chase it but run for friendlies to ensure my safety.

2. A spec or SG close to going perma outside the cadelines.
    I would ask the marines around me for support as I head out to quickly recover the player, if there is a xeno nearby a possible smack or two as I go to grab them before getting back to the lines. However I will not ever sacrifice myself for a hopeless cause.

3. If alone and getting accosted by a runner.
    Much like scene 1 my priority is to seek safety with fellow marines. However if the runner is intent on chasing I will engage it defensively. Hitting it whenever it came in range as I head back. I would not chase after it.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Yes

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I received my first ban 3 weeks ago. It was only a 3 hour for a dumb situation and it was deserved.

Nothing really to say but thanks to all those who helped me put this application together!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the ecologist aspect of this synth, it's something that I'm personally interested in so I'd love to see how you play them. Is there anyone you can get to vouch for your competency? I've seen Rob around all the time but mostly in engineering.

How would Rook react in this scenario? Just include mostly dialogue please:

A marine who is terrified of snakes, currently has a fat garter snake crawling all over them and they are petrified. How would Rook help them?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Jakkkk before me, I've seen Rob play plenty of Engineering roles - MT, CE and Squad Engi all.

I've also seen you play some amount of Command while I was COing as SO. Command isn't SUPER important as synth at all, though. The few rounds I had you as SO were just fine and you know how to press the green button to shoot supplies, NOT to press the red button to fire OBs and how to use the other OW Console mechanics.

I can't specifically recall seeing you play Medbay, however I have seen you as Medic a few times. Perhaps play more Medbay specifically so you know all there is to know about Chemistry and Surgery.

The quirk itself seems cool, and fitting too! How would your synth react to seeing the Xenomorphs, though, since they're a *very* exotic species, per se? That question aside, I feel it's always good to remember that your quirk should not breach the boundary of hindering Marines to 'preserve the perfect organism' or something like that. Your synth may love these specimen, but you cannot hinder Marines in killing them. That's about the only concern I have with this quirk, and I doubt you'd run the risk of going that far anywho.

Combat answers seem adequate if not repetitive for answer 3 being sorta the same as 1. But alas, not much more to say. You seem to have gotten the gist of it.

Overall, a decent app and decent player. A bit rowdy sometimes as Marine but certainly respectable otherwise.

+1!
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone knows him for Engineering, I'll drop a vouch for medical and requisitions, nothing special but competent enough, not that its easy to fuck up as either of the roles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    I love the ecologist aspect of this synth, it's something that I'm personally interested in so I'd love to see how you play them. Is there anyone you can get to vouch for your competency? I've seen Rob around all the time but mostly in engineering.

How would Rook react in this scenario? Just include mostly dialogue please:

A marine who is terrified of snakes, currently has a fat garter snake crawling all over them and they are petrified. How would Rook help them?
    Dealing with the snake:
    Rook notices the snake and partnered distressed marine and would head over to assist

"Please don't move so erratically" Taking the marines shoulder,

"Get it the fuck off me!" Rook would hold his shoulder tighter stopping his movements as he reaches down removing the snake,

"Such an snake should not cause such distress" Rook would give an emotionless artificial smile, "Non venomous and quite harmless"

Leaning down and releasing the snake into the brush before turning back to the marine still stood still stunned "Please do consider the local wildlife are almost certainly more afraid of you then you are of them" Brushing the marines shoulders before moving on.

Its a bit of a short dialogue but as a synth I don't believe Rook would mess around much, and get involved quickly to assist the marine and preserve the life of the snake and resolve the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misti Rockwell View Post
    Like Jakkkk before me, I've seen Rob play plenty of Engineering roles - MT, CE and Squad Engi all.

I've also seen you play some amount of Command while I was COing as SO. Command isn't SUPER important as synth at all, though. The few rounds I had you as SO were just fine and you know how to press the green button to shoot supplies, NOT to press the red button to fire OBs and how to use the other OW Console mechanics.

I can't specifically recall seeing you play Medbay, however I have seen you as Medic a few times. Perhaps play more Medbay specifically so you know all there is to know about Chemistry and Surgery.

The quirk itself seems cool, and fitting too! How would your synth react to seeing the Xenomorphs, though, since they're a *very* exotic species, per se? That question aside, I feel it's always good to remember that your quirk should not breach the boundary of hindering Marines to 'preserve the perfect organism' or something like that. Your synth may love these specimen, but you cannot hinder Marines in killing them. That's about the only concern I have with this quirk, and I doubt you'd run the risk of going that far anywho.

Combat answers seem adequate if not repetitive for answer 3 being sorta the same as 1. But alas, not much more to say. You seem to have gotten the gist of it.

Overall, a decent app and decent player. A bit rowdy sometimes as Marine but certainly respectable otherwise.

+1!
    It would never go so far to obstruct marines killing xenomorphs. But more or less preserving xeno corpses and making sure they are returned to the almayer for research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played many a round with rob and he knows his stuff game wise. I think he has everything needed and more to be a part of the high standard whitelist that synth is, like knowledge of marine law, engineering, and how to support the round effectively

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I've seen Rob play a lot of SL / marine / RO, being really competent at it, specially in terms of communications and being an overwall person that enchances your experience of the game, have no doubts he can prove to be a good synth, may it be in running a department or following the RP standards a synth requires.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very gud player yes... will make for a good Synth

+1

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will also vouch for Rob with medical as I have played doctor and research with him a few times and he was competent enough in my opinion. over all worthy enough for the role.