User Tag List

Thread: SolidFury7 - Rule 10: Lethal Force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SolidFury7 - Rule 10: Lethal Force.

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    MrDadMan

Date of Incident
    June 12, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Amber Walsh

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    SolidFury7

Accused Character Name
    William 'Jester' Crimson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    6:20 PM CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 10: Lethal Force.

Description of the incident:
    During the round involved with the incident, I was the RO. We were in hijack and I wanted to call evac. I was busy handling supplies and I didn't hear during the time that evac was forbidden by CO. I called it anyway because I didn't know and all I was told was to "move". This is my own fault. CO shot and stunned me with his mateba. In this time, I got up and picked up my weapon because the xenos were already in. I already called evac and didn't realize he cancelled evac because tunnel vision due to xenos coming in. *I can only assume CO thought of this as me looking to counterattack because he stunned me, and executed me for his safety However, there are a lot of rp issues with that: if I had fired onto him, I would be in trouble for breaking rule 10. Someone who isn't aware of that shouldn't be as high in the chain of command as I am. However, I never fired onto the CO. I ahelped because of this issue. The staff who talked to him about it got his statement (screenshot provided). He justified the action by saying his intention was to activate the lockdown for CiC. No lockdown was activated after my execution, nor does this justify his reason of execution because I was stunned by the mateba, giving him enough time to use the central console and activate the lockdown. It was only until my weapon was drawn that he proceeded to kill me (reason assumption provided earlier*).

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://imgur.com/a/2ZrNHEK

No screenshots of the incident due to the situation being a CiC breach during hijack, but this is a screenshot of the CO's story told to the engaging staff member.

How you would punish the accused:
    I think is a decision left to the council. Personally, I think SolidFury7 is an amazing moderator and a leader with great potential as a CO. However, this abrupt execution creates a lot of IC issues. Executing the RO with all other cargo staff MIA creates issues due to lack of personnel in Req department. Then, it doesn't seem like a very good idea to shorten the amount of personnel during a hold able to fight. An top of my logical reasoning to the execution being a bad ic decision as CO, I feel like his decision was moderately IC META influenced due to my character giving him trouble on several occasions for many other rounds, and also OOC with me overworking him as staff during one of tickets due to my ignorance and lack of understanding the information he was trying to present me (the staff report was withdrawn due to later heavy explanation and understanding). I also feel this hunch was applicable during another situation where he ordered my execution (it was justified execution). If this is true and continues, it will create a lot of IC issues later on in my rounds and it severely discourages me joining in with higher-command roles. I heavily request that this, at the very least, be investigated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnclearDoctorMain View Post
    Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    MrDadMan

Date of Incident
    June 12, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Amber Walsh

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    SolidFury7

Accused Character Name
    William 'Jester' Crimson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    6:20 PM CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 10: Lethal Force.

Description of the incident:
    During the round involved with the incident, I was the RO. We were in hijack and I wanted to call evac. I was busy handling supplies and I didn't hear during the time that evac was forbidden by CO. I called it anyway because I didn't know and all I was told was to "move". This is my own fault. CO shot and stunned me with his mateba. In this time, I got up and picked up my weapon because the xenos were already in. I already called evac and didn't realize he cancelled evac because tunnel vision due to xenos coming in. *I can only assume CO thought of this as me looking to counterattack because he stunned me, and executed me for his safety However, there are a lot of rp issues with that: if I had fired onto him, I would be in trouble for breaking rule 10. Someone who isn't aware of that shouldn't be as high in the chain of command as I am. However, I never fired onto the CO. I ahelped because of this issue. The staff who talked to him about it got his statement (screenshot provided). He justified the action by saying his intention was to activate the lockdown for CiC. No lockdown was activated after my execution, nor does this justify his reason of execution because I was stunned by the mateba, giving him enough time to use the central console and activate the lockdown. It was only until my weapon was drawn that he proceeded to kill me (reason assumption provided earlier*).

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://imgur.com/a/2ZrNHEK

No screenshots of the incident due to the situation being a CiC breach during hijack, but this is a screenshot of the CO's story told to the engaging staff member.

How you would punish the accused:
    I think is a decision left to the council. Personally, I think SolidFury7 is an amazing moderator and a leader with great potential as a CO. However, this abrupt execution creates a lot of IC issues. Executing the RO with all other cargo staff MIA creates issues due to lack of personnel in Req department. Then, it doesn't seem like a very good idea to shorten the amount of personnel during a hold able to fight. An top of my logical reasoning to the execution being a bad ic decision as CO, I feel like his decision was moderately IC META influenced due to my character giving him trouble on several occasions for many other rounds, and also OOC with me overworking him as staff during one of tickets due to my ignorance and lack of understanding the information he was trying to present me (the staff report was withdrawn due to later heavy explanation and understanding). I also feel this hunch was applicable during another situation where he ordered my execution (it was justified execution). If this is true and continues, it will create a lot of IC issues later on in my rounds and it severely discourages me joining in with higher-command roles. I heavily request that this, at the very least, be investigated.
    There are few things here in this situation that paint a few things in a different light.

I was sat in the CIC dome and I was doing the tried and testied strategy of locking in xenos in the CIC, and letting the marine force wipe the T3s, which I did with a Ravager, a Prae and a few smaller tiers.

While they were all trapped, I stepped out and fired my CO weapon, which is currently glitched (first chambered bullet lacks IFF) and it accidentally hit you, which you proceeded to insult me over and I provided a brief explanation. I lifted the lockdown to lure more xenomorphs in, and multiple xenomorphs entered once more, at this stage, you began to "run" for roughly 4-6 seconds, trying to reach the south console, while I'm running back at you. During this I tell you to move, which you ignored, and proceeded to continue to push me and called evacuation.

I gave no order to evacuate, specifically because we had a rogue medical staff team (the full medical department refused to treat wounded/KIA marines due to the CMO being arrested for cutting off marines hands for theft) who were trying to evacuate. Disallowing evacuation would force them to flee to the CIC and aid us, and prevent the few people like Bravo SL and the only doctor in CIC fleeing to the evacuation pods, which they talked about blatently and I yelled at them about in CIC infront of everyone.

Regarding you being stunned by the first shot and having a period of nothing? I was just reloading and also monitoring the situation with Xenomorphs, as I reloaded, I did consider letting you live but you proceeded to unholster your gun immediately, with no xenomorphs in the CIC (hence why lockdown was not reapplied) so I finished the job. Other marines noticed this and stated it in dead chat also. One dead RO who is undermining the plans and lives of the marines, by deciding to evacuate the ship vs the lives of everyone in the CIC who would likely die, is a price Crimson would pay every time.

Your belief that you believe I dislike you because you give me trouble, understandable, if you don't know me well, but you're likely confusing the IC character with the OOC person. I can list countless examples of people who "cause me trouble" but I'm really chill with OOCly, Windhealer, Broden Ackers, Gerdy Grabbins, ect. Even the people Crimson likes, such as Kiara Miller/Black don't get special treatment, especially so as CO Crimson, who is much more of a machiavellian and authoritarian than his CMP counterpart. In that round, they insulted the XO/undermined them and I told them to "shut the fuck up" and booted them out the CIC and to the brig once they refused to serve under the XO (who I was RPing as reviewing due to his application)

If you want the past rounds investigated, go for it, I'm pretty sure it's the round you bottled my character during briefing and stole the tablet (which breaks two/three rules, so If I didn't like you, I'd have just have ahelped) but I decided to take it ICly and eventually due to more events (jailbreak, was it?) you were executed with others.

TLDR: You entered Command Module, spent 6 seconds pushing passed CO, who was monitoring a life or death situation, pushing him out of the module and away from buttons he needs, before illegally authorising an evacuation while hes right there during a mini-mutiny
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my knowledge, this situation is completely based around perspective. I feel like both of us can be right in our arguments. Allow me to explain.

I bought a shit ton of ammo and mats with the remaining budget and brought the supplies to CiC to help the hold. I was busy handling that and aiding with the distribution of what I brought in the crate. As RO that round, I was busy helping I was busy handling the department with the OP alone, so I ask that it be understood that the information about the medical staff didn't really concern my department. As RO, it is my job to help supply the OP and supply the hold, so not keep tabs on your plans for handling the medbay mutiny. Due to that, I did not know. If I was to know about everything, I'd IC be more qualified for a position like XO.

Anyway, I didn't know at all about your (CO's) plan about avoiding evac. I was calling evac because it hadn't and I was trying to help by calling that. It was only AFTER I was dead that I knew these things. I was just trying to call evac and then getting back into the battle. Like I said earlier, you had no idea of my intentions, so it's a lot more reasonable that it was an ASSUMPTION that I was going to retaliate to you shooting me. CiC was still being sieged regardless, and no lockdown was initiated.

From your perspective, it's understandable that you'd BE me. I was blocking you for several seconds from doing what you needed to. I also acknowledge that you ordered me to MOVE. But you didn't directly order me to not mess with the consoles. I'm still very adamant that your decision was very LRP because RO is 3rd in command, there were no other cargo staff, and you didn't know what intentions I had. I never shot my drawn weapon at you, so you don't know what my intentions were when I pulled it out. If I shot you, it'd actually violate server rules at that point, and I WOULD be in trouble.

Regardless, I DO NOT want you to be punished in a way that comes to jobban, job penalty, or whitelist penalty/removal. I firmly believe it is a TERRIBLE idea to punish whitelisted people when they very well are able to learn from the scenerios they are put in. This report is more about getting ATTENTION to the subject and I'm more about having the report !!!WITHDRAWN!! now that I have your attention. As I stated earlier, I truly believe that you are great moderator and that you have GOOD POTENTIAL. That means I don't want you to be punished for this, but more of a acknowledgement that this shit just doesn't cut it, even if it is an acceptable outcome. I wholeheartedly believe that whitelisted members should be conscious that winning isn't just the main objective of the server; we also want to provide a good time and RP for the people under you.

BEing me for the situation is acceptable. I acknowledge that and !!withdraw the report!!. It's not just about the book. As a senior moderator, you know better than most about that. That's why earlier you have most shenanigans be handled IC instead of OOC when you very well could. But it isn't just that will cut it for CO. I've talked to lots of other people about their opinions about you (even before you became CO) and lot of people agree that if they aren't a friend of Crimson, they get the short end of the straw and they'll have a hard time with no RP that's fun for BOTH ends of the parties. I've even had a couple people (for their respective privacy, no names will be given. Please respect that.) tell me that, and show real examples, that they'd rather just not play when you're CO because the RP given doesn't supply enjoyment for both parties.

These are feelings of the at the very least SOME members of the community. I can only say these are true for the people I've spoken to them about you with. I just want you to be conscious about our growing feeling, opinions, and thoughts now that you're starting to move into more of an active role into our community.

Even if it comes down to you deciding that there is no problem and it's just griefers and people who cause shenanigans, so be it. I haven't exactly a reputation besides that, so it's completely understandable that you'll continue on in your own path with doing regardless. But I truly love you as a moderator and I respect you a lot for what you do for the server. We all look at you as such a strong figure. That's why I'd like to give you thoughts about how we feel and ask if maybe there could be changes.

P.S. I believe you when you say you don't carry the IC grudges over. I know how you are OOC and I understand now that you've clarified.

**TO CLARIFY, THIS REPORT IS WITHDRAWN AND NO PUNISHMENT IS REQUESTED TO BE GIVEN TO SolidFury7.**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnclearDoctorMain View Post
    Even if it comes down to you deciding that there is no problem and it's just griefers and people who cause shenanigans, so be it. I haven't exactly a reputation besides that, so it's completely understandable that you'll continue on in your own path with doing regardless. But I truly love you as a moderator and I respect you a lot for what you do for the server. We all look at you as such a strong figure. That's why I'd like to give you thoughts about how we feel and ask if maybe there could be changes.

P.S. I believe you when you say you don't carry the IC grudges over. I know how you are OOC and I understand now that you've clarified.

**TO CLARIFY, THIS REPORT IS WITHDRAWN AND NO PUNISHMENT IS REQUESTED TO BE GIVEN TO SolidFury7.**
    To be CLEAR, this isn't in ANY way to pressure you to change. Please do not feel like we're trying to make you feel bad for ME and YOUR interaction. That stays between me, you, and this report. I mean our opinion as a whole for your character and RP.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids