superjo98 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    superjo98

Marine Name
    Dawson Hook

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Brad

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Very much so, I am at this point tired of reading the guidelines over and over.

Synthetic Character Story
    It was a quiet day on the Almayer. An operation on an advanced phoron research station that had been overtaken by CLF had just finished. Medbay had finally finished with the last of the wounded, and Brad was given a short moment to admire the inner workings of the Almayer, and at how clean the maintenance technicians had kept it. He was sure the ship would receive a fine review if a high-ranking officer were ever to visit. He put his hands behind his back and began walking towards the hangar, whistling a tune that he made up as he went along, when out of nowhere he heard a sickening Crunch.

He stopped when he saw a group of panicked marines attempting to lift the chassis of a P-5000 model Powerloader, collapsed in itself from a factory error causing it to not be as durable as the standard models. He leaned to the right and saw a bloody, mutilated maintenance technician under the debris, space cleaner still in hand.

The synth rushed to the aid of the marines, attempting to lift the chassis, hands bloody from the rusty metal cutting into them. A marine jerked his head around while attempting to help his comrade, and upon seeing the synth, the marine yelled �Oh take all the time you need why don�tcha? I can wait!�

�Pardon me for my late arrival! If for future reference you need me and I don�t respond, do not hesitate to contact me over the radio. I will head over immediately to assist you.� Brad responded, ignoring the tone of the marine. With some effort Brad hoisted the chassis into the air, blood dripping down from it, and moved it to the side. He looked at the injured MT in front of them; they would take priority. With the maintenance technician in tow behind him on a roller bed Brad made his way to the surgery hallway in medbay. The scan revealed that he was not as badly injured as Brad had first thought, with only a rib that had broken off puncturing a lung, making his breathing pained and shallow. Brad had received prior permission from the CMO to assist in medbay and swiftly began his work on the marine. After using an anesthetic injector, Brad swiftly cut open the marine and took the rib out in order to repair the lung. Shortly after finishing repairing the bone and cauterizing the incision, Brad put the still unconscious MT onto the rolling bed and took them to extended dorms.

Brad had left the MT on a bed in extended dorms to rest. He figured that they may be hungry when the awoke and set out towards the kitchen to make them some food. The operation had left the kitchen bare of most ingredients, so Brad had to scavenge around for some. He found some buns and ground beef and decided to make the MT one of his �World Famous Burgers� and formed the beef into patties and began cooking them on the barbeque.

The MT had woken up lying on a soft bed in dorms. There was a TV in front of him turned onto a sports channel, currently showing a soccer game where a player was quite obviously faking an injury. This kind of luxury was not standard for the rooms, along with the plate on the nightstand beside him with a burger and a single chocolate chip cookie. Brad entered the room after hearing the rustling from the MT waking up and greeted him. �Hello sir! You were badly injured in a work related accident. The Chief Engineer and I express our deepest apologies, please take some time to relax post OP and recover. Call me over radio and I will swiftly be here to assist you in any way you need. There are snacks by your bed if you get hungry. Please enjoy yourself in the meantime.�

The Maintenance technician only had time to open his mouth before the synth left to return to his normal duties. The synth walked towards the CIC with a brisk pace, and headed straight towards Captain Alexander Bowl�s personal quarters. The captain�s quarters were an absolute mess, the bed was unmade and there were crumpled papers with orders, maps, and paperwork scattered across the floor. This was standard for after an operation, the captain often had to come and go into his office and didn�t have the time nor patience to keep it clean, especially not at this time as he was debriefing the marines, Brad smiled and set out to clean this mess. Brad changed the sheets on the bed which had been dirtied from the captain spilling Souto on it, he picked up the pieces of paper after scanning and uploading each one relevant to the OP to ARES for future reference, and finally vacuumed the floor to get rid of any food crumbs and droppings from Jones. Satisfied with his work, Brad exited the office just as the Captain entered.

�Hello Captain, would you care for a cold beverage at this time or perhaps one of my world famous burgers?� the synth inquired.

�Not today Brad, I ate a bit to much during the OP. Maybe later.�

�Understood sir, but I must inform you that the RO and the CTs have gone missing, would you like me to assist in the search for them or take over req to handle any left over supplies?� Brad asked as straightened the sleeves of his jumpsuit.

� It�d be grand if you could take over req, I�m sure the MPs can find them soon enough. Just make sure to save any metal and plasteel for the next op and if possible acquire the HPRs ordered earlier.�

�Yes, sir.� Brad responded, and turned on his heel to head out and fulfill his duties at req, which would be shortly followed by him preparing the pods for cryo sleep for the marines and, after all was done, himself.

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    I intend to play Brad like a hotel worker. A loyal synth that serves the crew of the Almayer and tries to make their for a lack of a better term "stay" as enjoyable as possible. This also includes outsiders such as friendly boarders and survivors. If survivors came up to the ship Brad would guide them to the R&R room to rest if there were no other pressing matters and ask them if they would perhaps like some food or a cold drink. Fulfilling all duties of hotel staff such as cooking, cleaning, and making sure the guests are well taken care of. However do not be fearful that I would neglect and duties for survivor RP, if I were called on by the commander or if an emergency were to arise I would leave them to go deal with it. I would also engage in the survivor RP after they were interviewed and if I had no other duties to attend to.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    Medical: I know how to do surgeries and I am extremely fast at chemistry and know all commonly requested chems by heart, including a cryomix.

Engineering: I can swiftly set the SMES's by using ancient technology known as the main grid monitor to distribute the power among the SMES's. I can repair APC's quickly know how to build a FOB, load the OB, and use a mortar.

Overwatch: I am experienced from a while back when I played a ton of command and XO, sometimes having to OW 3 squads at once. I am confident in my overwatch abilities.

Research: Only scenario here that I can imagine myself as a synth getting involved in is if there is a xeno in containment, in which case I would be confident in my RP abilities.

Pilot officer: I can install and load weapons to the two dropships, aswell as run transport and CAS/Medevac. I am aware that as a synth I would not be able to fire CAS.

MP: I know marine law and proper arresting procedure. I understand that I am not allowed to actually process prisoners as a synth and can only arrest if given permission from the CMP/Cap.

Cargo: I know how ASRS works and can manage cargo's points, supply drops, and all other duties.

Why should we whitelist you?
    Because my quirk would add unique roleplay to the round while not disrupting the natural flow of it or ruining the experience of other players, and make the round more enjoyable for both myself and others. The survivor RP in particular I believe I could create some really interesting RP.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full disclosure, I helped look over the story. It's a bit short but it works for what it needs to do.

That being said, I like your intended quirk/playstyle and the story does a good job of demonstrating it. I definitely remember you as an extremely good chemist, and your assessment of your skills is good.

+1 from me.
    Audrey Aulin, found (drinking tea) in various roles

Evelyn, the ever-helpful synth

Member of the CO Council. Feel free to PM me here or on the Discord @Retrokinesis#8332 with any CO-related matters.

Former Moderator, Mapper, Official Space Carp Developer, and Lead Burrower Apologist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a situation for you.

You're at the FOB, helping with the wounded, tending to an actual critically wounded marine, suddenly another unga gets attacked and dragged away, how would Brad react?
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Got a situation for you.

You're at the FOB, helping with the wounded, tending to an actual critically wounded marine, suddenly another unga gets attacked and dragged away, how would Brad react?
    Pardon the late response, I was eating. Brad would continue treating the marine. It is not his job to rush into battle and he is not equipped for it. especially against a xenomorph. He would at most inform the nearby marines of the capture. If the unga was attacked quite literally next to Brad then he would punch it, as in that case he would be at risk and would have to defend himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, good, another one.

You've been ordered to work on Requisitions, it's currently fully staffed, then you hear that the medbay has an ocean of wounded marines by it's lobby, it has only 2 Doctors. What would you do? And why?
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Okay, good, another one.

You've been ordered to work on Requisitions, it's currently fully staffed, then you hear that the medbay has an ocean of wounded marines by it's lobby, it has only 2 Doctors. What would you do? And why?
    Make sure the commander knows about this and offer my assistance to medbay if he so desires, this is assuming that there is no CMO. If the commander accepts my request then thats great, and I would help out. If he didn't then I would continue helping req. The reason I would not help is because the doctors will be able to keep the injured marines alive, and quickly operate on the that are in critical condition. If this were in an emergency situation, such as hostile boarders where the amount of marines defending could affect the outcome and possible failure and destruction of the entirety of the crew, then I would without question help medbay to ensure the best chance of survival for the entire crew.
    Edit: Just reworded one part of it a bit better.
    Last edited by superjo98; 02-09-2019 at 04:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, that's enough for me, you're actually allowed to help medbay there, since they needed you the most. Jakkkk will probably come later with more stuff to ask you. +1

Also, remember:

Following Orders:
    If the synth feels his current duties are being handled efficiently by other USCM personnel they can put themselves to better use in another department, this does not give synths free reign to ignore orders, use your judgement, abusing this will result in punishment.
    Last edited by Pedroca2lucas; 02-09-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well written story, you answered Pedro's questions nicely, and I think the quirk could be interesting. Especially while interacting with survivors.

1+
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright I didn't catch this when you had asked for help in the whitelist-app-help channel this is really my bad but
    Would it be possible for you to change your synthetic name?

Xywenx plays a synthetic named "Bradley." https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=14441

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolubleWhenWet View Post
    Alright I didn't catch this when you had asked for help in the whitelist-app-help channel this is really my bad but
    Would it be possible for you to change your synthetic name?

Xywenx plays a synthetic named "Bradley." https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=14441
    I could, I would prefer to keep it as Brad but if not I think I would change it to Todd.