User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MP complaint thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MP complaint thread

I think that something needs to happen to prevent the MPs from starting a conflict, arresting a quarter of the marines, and basically fucking up the whole round. I was held for 30 minutes waiting for someone to appeal to, and by the time i got released at 12:50 the LZ was breached and everyone was being evacc'd.
    Im salty

Update: in the 2 weeks since making this thread I have played 5 separate rounds that were fucked by the MP's brigging, gassing, or in one case, killing marines.
    XO should be able to pardon marines, and MP's that misbehave should be job-banned, as I have been harassed multiple times by the same MP. More often than not, when this kind of mass-brigging (MP fuckery) occurs, the marines involved are held essentially indefinitely, or at least long enough to miss the entire op.
    We need MP accountablilty #marinelivesmatter

update 2: best and most productive explaination of the situation

Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    Allow me to state problem no 2 with all of this:

Staff backs MPs most of the time, even though the MPs are clearly in the wrong or have messed up.

IC Issue with Ahelps, even though you are strictly forced to follow ML
    IC Issue to escalate small fights into riots, even though MPs are supposed to ensure law and order, all under the guise of Following ML.

My message to staff is:

Try to take a new approach into assessing this whole situation. There are many instances where MPs can take different approach to situations without being a prick and progress the game. Advising and helping to remind COs on SOP change on vendors is one. Why on earth do MPs not do that as though they are waiting to jump on and arrest the CO? This is very clear cut grief and the fact that no one sees this is a major issue to begin with. And anyone defending this logic is, I am sorry to say, self-righteous and delusional, or more accurately, mad for power.

Waiting to jump on people to catch them is not in any way a friendly way to play the game.

And another thing, I am unsure if anyone pointed this out but most of the time staff backs MP because a. staff often get rule lawyered out by MP players and b. They themselves dont know how to handle said situations. And I say this because majority of MP players themselves cant handle crisis situations in the first place, that's why they are so hated.
    Last edited by quizmar; 07-01-2021 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure that you're referencing that very chaotic round where every MP slot was filled because MP tools got buffed in an MR.

Yes, it was Chaos. MPs were quite busy stopping non-stop rioting and such, from what I know. You should ahelp if you want to appeal but no MP is willing to hear you out, since it's a basic RIGHT of any prisoner to ask for an appeal. MPs denying you this right without good reason is an OOC issue since MPs are not allowed to break ML.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't play marine frequently anymore but uhm MPs are CRINGE!!!! xenos are awesome!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally slipped a prisoner a gun while operating on him in exchange for his money. Dude went on to get fully pardoned and never shot anyone. 0/10.. did not murder provost.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came back to CM after a couple years which leads me to assume I'm out of touch with most things, but good lord unless MPs are intended to be the new human antagonists, I'm not sure what there is to be out of touch with, They're just awful. Was APC crew, a pfc kept spam calling the phone, MPs wouldn't do anything. Other APC guy tabled the PFC and confiscated their phone. MPs came in then to return the phone to the pfc. then, 10 minutes later, deployed with a doctor, two MPs come in and immediately arrest BOTH of us because the pfc said I attacked them (I didn't, but they're just taking the fucking pfc's word for it). Treated like absolute dogshit in brig, was in there the rest of the round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs are still only in the game to start IC shitshows with the IC ruleset that is marine law, most of which doesn't really have actual IC consequence when actually broken which is why they're perceived as shitters due to practically taking you out of the game for what mostly is mechanically harmless.

Most (stuff such as murder which could be considered griefing) of the stuff in marine law that pertain actual consequence are also already considered OOC rulebreak and should already be handled by staff than MPs, which turns their whole existence redundant.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    again no matter what, there'll always be people that do stupid shit and piss everyone else off
    (and sometimes it's me)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quizmar View Post
    I think that something needs to happen to prevent the MPs from starting a conflict, arresting a quarter of the marines, and basically fucking up the whole round. I was held for 30 minutes waiting for someone to appeal to, and by the time i got released at 12:50 the LZ was breached and everyone was being evacc'd.
    Im salty
    Yes. Marines need to start following ML and you'll have no conflict with MPs. I agree that some MPs can get a bit pushy but if you don't give them any leg to stand on when it comes to ML they have to leave you alone. I've never been arrested as a squad role during my entire CM playtime because i do this one simple trick ... now get this ... i don't break ML. Crazy huh?

As for being held for 30 minutes before getting apealed there is a part of ML that many people (including MPs) forget about. "Should an appeal not be started within 10 Minutes, or 30 Minutes for people permanently brigged after a request of it has been made. The prisoner is to be released." So if they take more than 10 minutes before starting an apeal they have to let you go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    Yes. Marines need to start following ML and you'll have no conflict with MPs. I agree that some MPs can get a bit pushy but if you don't give them any leg to stand on when it comes to ML they have to leave you alone. I've never been arrested as a squad role during my entire CM playtime because i do this one simple trick ... now get this ... i don't break ML. Crazy huh?

As for being held for 30 minutes before getting apealed there is a part of ML that many people (including MPs) forget about. "Should an appeal not be started within 10 Minutes, or 30 Minutes for people permanently brigged after a request of it has been made. The prisoner is to be released." So if they take more than 10 minutes before starting an apeal they have to let you go.
    That doesn't mean shit when it takes another 10 minutes for them to bring you from the planet up to the ship + process you, and even when released it'll be a while before you get back dow nthere. And again people absolutely do get arrested through no fault of their own.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post

You might rarely if ever get brigged, but there are various legitimate reasons to break ML.

Stealing vendors is one of the most prominent ML break you'll see, and I'd blame it more on there being no public med vendor meant for general marine use. And before you bitch and whine about how people shouldn't be stealing vendors, medical literally has SIX of those vendors.

Other reasons include breaking into the DS control bubble to look at the DS camera/talk to the DS intercom (those intercoms on the bubble are unique in that they're tied to the ones in the DS regardless of Z level), and so on.