Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MP complaint thread

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    Havent we been on "expected contact" for a while?
    Yes we have

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    Havent we been on "expected contact" for a while?
    "Marines know what Xenos are and have encountered them before. They have a basic knowledge of how the hive works.
    They do not know there are Xenos on the colony."

Expected contact means you don't have to act like you are seeing a xeno for the first time. No more "red dog" and stuff like that. But it doesn't mean you know there will actually be the nor how many there are.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    yes good now go tell all humankind to respect basic human rights
    Done,

China just announced that Hong Kong is now an independent country now.

I did it boys.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Done,

I did it boys.
    The good ending.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Done,

I did it boys.
    The good ending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    Stealing the medivendor is not only against ML but also powergaming. ICly you have no idea you will actually find xenos down on the planet and breaking into medbay to take an entire vendor worth of medical supplies is really hard to justify ICly.
    Imagine thinking taking supplies is powergaming. This is your brain on ML. Is me taking a backpack of ammo for my rifle also powergaming, because I wouldn't know there were xenos there, so why would I be taking ammo?...

Damn, if preparing is powergaming. That means if you take any supplies you will be banned for power gaming.

All marines must deploy with no ammo, no helmet (youd only wear one if you knew you needed it, you fucking powergamer), no medical supplies either. After all if you dont know theres hostiles there, why would you bring anything? lmao.

Marines must now charge into battle after being first dropped with nothing but their fists and their uniform. As getting ready for deployment (taking a vendor full of medical supplies) is power gaming. Once there are hostiles detected on planet the marines have to go back to the LZ and are now allowed to get weapons/ammo/supplies. After all if they didn't know xenos/hostiles were there, why would they prepare?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Imagine thinking taking supplies is powergaming. This is your brain on ML. Is me taking a backpack of ammo for my rifle also powergaming, because I wouldn't know there were xenos there, so why would I be taking ammo?...

Damn, if preparing is powergaming. That means if you take any supplies you will be banned for power gaming.

All marines must deploy with no ammo, no helmet (youd only wear one if you knew you needed it, you fucking powergamer), no medical supplies either. After all if you dont know theres hostiles there, why would you bring anything? lmao.

Marines must now charge into battle after being first dropped with nothing but their fists and their uniform. As getting ready for deployment (taking a vendor full of medical supplies) is power gaming. Once there are hostiles detected on planet the marines have to go back to the LZ and are now allowed to get weapons/ammo/supplies. After all if they didn't know xenos/hostiles were there, why would they prepare?
    You are not making any sense. I never said you can't prepare. All the supplies in your prep are meant for you and you can take as many of those as you want. You can even take the medivendor provided you ask for it.

The medivendor is not originaly intended for you as a marine. So when you are breaking a law to gain an unintended advantage that could be concidered powergaming. You don't own the vendor and you have no inherent right to it, the medbay staff does. If you want it ask them. It's the same as with req for example. You don't break into req and go steal shit, you wait in line and ask the RO or CTs for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >be me, smartgunner
    >grabs engi vendor for batteries
    >gets brigged and banned for destruction of government property and powergamming

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post

The medivendor is not originaly intended for you as a marine. So when you are breaking a law to gain an unintended advantage that could be concidered powergaming.
    your brain after 1 dose of unfiltered, pure, albanian crack cocaine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also isn’t stealing a vendor a minor destruction of government property?

Can’t… you know… MPs ignore minor crimes but choose not to for some bizarre reason?

“Military Police may, at their discretion, ignore Minor Crimes unless they are ordered to enforce one. However, they should never break Marine Law themselves - Minor or Major crimes.”

Rule lawyered moment
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Lauren Von Fusegana 2.0; 06-19-2021 at 10:38 AM.