0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are imposters among us

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple solution. Don’t break the law. If an MP breaks or violates Marine Law, create an Ahelp and staff will help.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorprobe69 View Post
    Simple solution. Don’t break the law. If an MP breaks or violates Marine Law, create an Ahelp and staff will help.
    Think youve uhh forgot what the main complaints are old man....

Its that mps chose to enforce/punish people for the pettiest offences. And noe the dudes that did this are mods.

"So umm staff bad mps suck and ur a nerd" - Socrates or someshit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    makes stupid rule

People dont like stupid rule and dont follow it

people get punished

MP brains: "Why wont people just follow the rules? Then they won't be punished lol"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to start my little schizo rant by saying the core problem of this all is management and their shitty RP rules that no one but them and a few people really give a shit about and as someone who now owns a SS13 server that usually gets 40pop which is nothing like CM I can see why you want to make it more RP as to reduce the load on staff but please your making shit much harder for the majority of the players and making the game less fun and more of a chore to play that passes time. Honestly though just give your player some freedom to choose what type of RP standard they want to set for a few days and see how it goes my guess is it wont be as bad as you think it is

Now, my little point on this now takes this with a grain of salt as I have not been able to play for the last 2 months and a bit longer due to funny staff but here is my take on this.

Unless a lot has changed in the past 2 months which I highly doubt has happened based off the time of development when I was playing the same problems will probably be true and something that staff doesn't apparently understand.

Marine players don't really care about the "RP" standards of breaking windows because to them it is a XvM server so why should you care about RP and I agree that at the core this server is a TDM and anyone saying otherwise saying CM is any type of ERP is either lying or mislead ex... (xeno """""RP"""", Shipside """RP""", and the utter retardation that is CL.) and honestly this might piss a few people off but in my 200 hours on TGMC I had more fun and what I would call RP situations than I had on my 1.2k hours of playing CM and honestly their server is significantly better now that staff and the players don't really have a massive disconnect about what they want the rules to be and how rounds should go, as such MPs were removed and honestly not much had changed, people don't shoot each other at op start, cause riots, and honestly less "LRP" shit than what happened on CM pre drop and fob, aka people playing catch with throwing knifes, floor is lava with flamer thrower, and hot potato with incin nades.

Honestly though in my opinion the easiest but hardest to accept fix would just be staff finally accepting that the server is TDM and not some RP server as let's be real here shipside RP is usually, stealing, being arrested, arresting people, req and cic. Don't fucking tell me medbay has RP either as unless stuff changed fucking NO ONE wants to go to medbay and get surgery and even me who fucking was playing synth hated going to medbay and since I'm comparing stuff to TGMC people also hate going to medbay there but its a much quicker experience and doesn't take 10 minutes to get a larva removed because the only doctor didn't know how to disconnect you from the anesthetic.

And to you MP mains out there I can safely say now that I'm not here that I fucking hated basically all of you but Jerimiah, Connor, and a few others that I'm forgetting as most of you were utter power gaming pricks that openly talked about ruining peoples fun because it made you feel good and honestly the round with no staff where we resolved crimes with boxing matches was much more fun for everyone involved and shockingly no one actually got murdered or anything. On that, though ever notice the rounds with no MPs often go a lot smoother with less fucking around and shit going down than when there are, I wonder why.

If you MP mains want tips on being not hated don't arrest people for stupid shit that you know is stupid shit imposed by staff as all but the most diehard of staff most likely don't give a shit if you don't arrest someone for doing a major crime and the fucking marine sure won't care that you didn't arrest him for deconstructing briefing because fob was about to be breached and they needed metal, please just fucking do the right thing and A don't arrest robust people as 90% of the kills 10% of the player base is a real thing, B: I know we all hate spec immunity but a good SADAR Spec is fucking vital to turning the round unless some chad is there and even moreso on lowpop where I've seen MPs arresting the only spec we had and then we lost ground side super fucking fast due to no SADAR or GL

Thank you for probably not reading all my rant I made at 3 AM if you want to respond feel free but don't expect me to respond as I'm going on vacation and don't really want to get brain rot again
    Last edited by Icy; 07-14-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    Going to start my little schizo rant by saying the core problem of this all is management and their shitty RP rules that no one but them and a few people really give a shit about and as someone who now owns a SS13 server that usually gets 40pop which is nothing like CM I can see why you want to make it more RP as to reduce the load on staff but please your making shit much harder for the majority of the players and making the game less fun and more of a chore to play that passes time.

Now, my little point on this now takes this with a grain of salt as I have not been able to play for the last 2 months and a bit longer due to funny staff but here is my take on this.

Unless a lot has changed in the past 2 months which I highly doubt has happened based off the time of development when I was playing the same problems will probably be true and something that staff doesn't apparently understand.

Marine players don't really care about the "RP" standards of breaking windows because to them it is a XvM server so why should you care about RP and I agree that at the core this server is a TDM and anyone saying otherwise saying CM is any type of ERP is either lying or mislead ex... (xeno """""RP"""", Shipside """RP""", and the utter retardation that is CL.) and honestly this might piss a few people off but in my 200 hours on TGMC I had more fun and what I would call RP situations than I had on my 1.2k hours of playing CM and honestly their server is significantly better now that staff and the players don't really have a massive disconnect about what they want the rules to be and how rounds should go, as such MPs were removed and honestly not much had changed, people don't shoot each other at op start, cause riots, and honestly less "LRP" shit than what happened on CM pre drop and fob, aka people playing catch with throwing knifes, floor is lava with flamer thrower, and hot potato with incin nades.

Honestly though in my opinion the easiest but hardest to accept fix would just be staff finally accepting that the server is TDM and not some RP server as let's be real here shipside RP is usually, stealing, being arrested, arresting people, req and cic. Don't fucking tell me medbay has RP either as unless stuff changed fucking NO ONE wants to go to medbay and get surgery and even me who fucking was playing synth hated going to medbay and since I'm comparing stuff to TGMC people also hate going to medbay there but its a much quicker experience and doesn't take 10 minutes to get a larva removed because the only doctor didn't know how to disconnect you from the anesthetic.

And to you MP mains out there I can safely say now that I'm not here that I fucking hated basically all of you but Jerimiah, Connor, and a few others that I'm forgetting as most of you were utter power gaming pricks that openly talked about ruining peoples fun because it made you feel good and honestly the round with no staff where we resolved crimes with boxing matches was much more fun for everyone involved and shockingly no one actually got murdered or anything. On that, though ever notice the rounds with no MPs often go a lot smoother with less fucking around and shit going down than when there are, I wonder why.

If you MP mains want tips on being not hated don't arrest people for stupid shit that you know is stupid shit imposed by staff as all but the most diehard of staff most likely don't give a shit if you don't arrest someone for doing a major crime and the fucking marine sure won't care that you didn't arrest him for deconstructing briefing because fob was about to be breached and they needed metal, please just fucking do the right thing and A don't arrest robust people as 90% of the kills 10% of the player base is a real thing, B: I know we all hate spec immunity but a good SADAR Spec is fucking vital to turning the round unless some chad is there and even moreso on lowpop where I've seen MPs arresting the only spec we had and then we lost ground side super fucking fast due to no SADAR or GL

Thank you for probably not reading all my rant I made at 3 AM if you want to respond feel free but don't expect me to respond as I'm going on vacation and don't really want to get brain rot again

The issue with this argument is,

I think it's better to allow people the option to do things such as mutinies and deconstructing briefing. Sometimes it makes sense ICly, sometimes it doesnt. This is why we follow the IC enforcement of it.

If we had no MPs, mutinies wouldn't be allowed, briefing would no longer be deconstructable due to balance and staff would be forced to handle thing OOCly.

The medical-bay issue is something the devs have played around within recent years, it's currently at its most "dumbed-down/lenient" it's ever been. I think medical will eventually become a planetside LZ/FOB based thing with maybe fabricated structures made with MTs to assist, but I digress.

Constantly comparing CM to TGMC isn't always productive, both games are drastically different enough in rules, design and architecture. Sometimes each server looks at the other and goes "Hey, thats a good idea!" but it's less applicable than I think a lot of people realize.

Back on to MPs.

The majority of the player base, and I can confidently say almost 99% of the player base is never arrested, it's usually a handful of TDM/Mechnically Driven marines who rotate through the brig out of the whole server. They make up a tiny fraction of the server and they're ideas are not representative of the whole server. The same goes for the die-hard roleplayers. The majority of the playerbase falls somewhere in the middle, which is why I think the flexability within the new RP standards is great.

A marine who wants to just shoot and be a bit memey, shooting Xenos in a school-girl outfit is more or less allowed

A CO who doing the same is held to a higher account, thus it isn't.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The importance or worth of a marine is not dependant solely on their ability to minmax the game to win the round or how robust they are like some people who hate MPs seem to imply in this thread. They shouldn't be given preferable treatment for that alone either. There are dozens of marines that add more to the round just by their RP and interaction with other players/departments than any gigarobust marine ever could. ML also kinda is as lax as it ever was. Marines these days have no clue what actual gestapo MPs were when you were OOCly not allowed to interfere in arrests or when interfering in arrests was a permabrig charge or even when MPs were allowed to choose themselves how long you stayed in the brig for your charges, they weren't in their nerfed state like now either.

Honestly I would even say the RP standards have never been higher during the days of Jack Knight or old William Crimson. People were genuinely afraid to break laws and kept to their lines like good soldiers.
    Last edited by ExGame; 07-14-2021 at 10:39 PM.