Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MP complaint thread

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExGame View Post
    The importance or worth of a marine is not dependant solely on their ability to minmax the game to win the round or how robust they are like some people who hate MPs seem to imply in this thread. They shouldn't be given preferable treatment for that alone either. There are dozens of marines that add more to the round just by their RP and interaction with other players/departments than any gigarobust marine ever could. ML also kinda is as lax as it ever was. Marines these days have no clue what actual gestapo MPs were when you were OOCly not allowed to interfere in arrests or when interfering in arrests was a permabrig charge or even when MPs were allowed to choose themselves how long you stayed in the brig for your charges, they weren't in their nerfed state like now either.

Honestly I would even say the RP standards were never higher during the days of Jack Knight or old William Crimson. People were genuinely afraid to break laws and kept to their lines like good soldiers.
    Talk about standards

You tried to force evac me and end my round because I bolted a single door during hijack and then bitched in ahelps after we essentially permakilled you for being a retard
    Last edited by Avalanchee; 07-14-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Talk about standards

You tried to force evac me and end my round because I bolted a single door during hijack and then bitched in ahelps after we essentially permakilled you for being a retard
    You bolting the brig shut just to grief MPs happened way before hijack and the only reason a mod intervened was because you tried to hide my body after you already murdered me, if you had actually perma'd me you would have been banned, 100%. How is this even relevant to the topic? Complain in my PMs if you have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dropping the truth right now: MP is basically held together by a bunch of dudes who "main" it and since a good amount of those dudes are staff/were staff it won't be removed. there would be literally 0 change in the average gameplay of most players if the role was removed and its just there to serve as pseudo RP or to give people satisfaction from punishing other players for what they want to do icly.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I would even say the RP standards were never higher during the days of Jack Knight or old William Crimson. People were genuinely afraid to break laws and kept to their lines like good soldiers.
    Nobody was afraid to break the laws then and during those times assholes like them literally tried to find a crime to brig you for fun. Throwing a satchel once at a window for whooping 0 damage? Damage to goverment property. Marine letting you into his prep? Tresspasing boyo.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bolting the brig shut just to grief MPs happened way before hijack and the only reason a mod intervened was because you tried to hide my body after you already murdered me, if you had actually perma'd me you would have been banned, 100%. How is this even relevant to the topic? Complain in my PMs if you have to.
    maybe if you weren't so biased you'd figure that not everything a person you hate does is instantly grief.

You're literally just proving everyone's point lmao

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generic MP complaint thread #208. If you don't like MPs don't interact with them, if you want something then use your words. I get arrested all the time as PFC because I break the law, but I actually have a good time. Y'all just use your words.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was arrested as Researcher once. A marine was hopped up on my stims and evading the MPs in medbay while I was watching. Ended up getting arrested for "Aiding and Abetting" - the MP didn't realize the stims were anti-stun and thought I was shaking them up.
    Counting the time getting magdumped by a taser, the MP unfortunately suffering a stroke at the console, and the response time on the ahelp before being told to "appeal IC", MPs had successfully wasted about 16 minutes of my time on absolutely nothing.

This doesn't count the two times I got arrested as Doctor mid-surgery because I was hopped up on Paroxetine. Charge being "Negligence of Duty", despite getting tazed in the back while a patient was on the operating table.

MPs have a bad rep for a reason. Doesn't help that the big man on the golden throne continually insists that MPs don't grief by the book.

Fun fact: thanks to current rulings, MPs are free to confiscate Research stims because if "Unga" wasn't a proper medicinal label, "Stim - 1 or DIE" on EZinjectors isn't either.
    Last edited by Nunk; 07-15-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Generic MP complaint thread #208. If you don't like MPs don't interact with them, if you want something then use your words. I get arrested all the time as PFC because I break the law, but I actually have a good time. Y'all just use your words.
    yeah but you can't always gurantee the MP won't just fuck you over. I saw a guy who got harassed by an MP because the MP thought he was trying to piss them off even though all he did was shuffle. not even disarm intent push them. he was on help intent and just moving through them. the guy got point blanked the MP in question however so it wasn't a clean one for them either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I don't know why but some MPs don't like to talk. There was that time where I was installing ordnance to Normandy as PO then one of the MPs came, flashed me without saying anything, cuffed me, took my headset and carried me to Brig. I tried to ask them why I'm getting arrested several times but they didn't seem to care. After sitting in Brig for 5 minutes, CMP came and after talking to him that I did nothing, he realized that they arrested the wrong PO and the other PO who did the crime was still free. 10 minutes wasted for no reason.

I wonder if people play MP just to arrest people and put them behind bars so they can satisfy their egos or they do actually find it fun and entertaining to keep the ship and its crew safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihad7 View Post
    I wonder if people play MP just to arrest people and put them behind bars so they can satisfy their egos or they do actually find it fun and entertaining to keep the ship and its crew safe.
    The thing about keeping the crew and ship safe is that there's actually not a whole lot you need to protect them from until the DS gets hijacked. I gave MP a shot a few weeks back out of curiosity for a few rounds and I only had to deal with two actual issues, specifically an MT who murdered a marine (which basically sorted itself out when the dude fled to the planet and got himself killed) and a corporate liason who decided to go all vigilante and kill some dude he thought was committing a crime.
    When you compare them to standard SS13 security where you're dealing with antagonists every single round, MPs are mostly useless.