Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: MP complaint thread

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihad7 View Post
    I don't know why but some MPs don't like to talk. There was that time where I was installing ordnance to Normandy as PO then one of the MPs came, flashed me without saying anything, cuffed me, took my headset and carried me to Brig. I tried to ask them why I'm getting arrested several times but they didn't seem to care. After sitting in Brig for 5 minutes, CMP came and after talking to him that I did nothing, he realized that they arrested the wrong PO and the other PO who did the crime was still free. 10 minutes wasted for no reason.

I wonder if people play MP just to arrest people and put them behind bars so they can satisfy their egos or they do actually find it fun and entertaining to keep the ship and its crew safe.
    That sucks, but it's not a problem with marine law. Marine law doesn't let an MP do that. It's like a doctor being bad, or a marine FFing you. A marine isn't supposed to FF you and send you shipside for 20 minutes, and a doctor isn't supposed to OD you, but it happens. They freed you when the CMP realized that MPs mistake. At that point it's on the player for not knowing.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make CMP to be Military Police for Military Police.

If they fuck something up, CMP shouldn't just wave his finger and try to unscrew the shit that they made. He should throw them in jail.
    Then again, CMP is also a shmuck without whitelist, so anybody can go and be even more clueless than the rest of MPs.

Why Agents were removed? Atleast then they had something to do and being an agent was fun.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CABAL CMP whitelist has its merits but people in general don't like whitelists (at least the more vocal community) and you'd have a field day convincing management to make that a thing
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And thats whats fucked up about it. Arguably CMP has power comparable to CO, yet we are still here.

If people don't like whitelists, why not remove the rest of them? A borg in classic SS13 station has more challenging job to do in terms of following ever changing synthetic lawset than WHITELISTED Synth, Pred and definatelly more than CO.
    Yet you can become a borg for eating a fucking roboburger and people don't have problems on the other servers.
    Either people somehow magically turn on "monkey brain" mode when entering the server, or whitelists are the relict of the past. Either the worst of the greytiders on classic SS13s are better than average PFC player, or its all bullshit. Because borgs exist for years now and admemes in other servers don't have problems with them bigger than with rest.

Hell, we all know Traitor from classic SS13? His job usually is to steal something and kill a person. Literally ruin a round for someone. Easly comparable to BE. Is there a traitor whitelist anywhere? Captain whitelist, anyone?

There is no point in trying to change the council of beetroot menagement of CM mind, because its pointless. Like a year ago positive notes for RP were a big no no.
    //showthrea...positive+notes
    Now its in the game. Oh my, oh my, mind changed. Totally doesn't look like any (good) try gets shut down and then brought back in a year, all standing like Einstains for comming up with the idea.

Bring back agents, make CMP Whitelist (in style of CO whitelist of course, where its just a formality/popularity contest), punish bad MPs, punish hardass "by the book" MP.
    MP issues won't drop to 0% after that, but I'm sure that will help.
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-16-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Why Agents were removed? Atleast then they had something to do and being an agent was fun.

Agents had a buncha features, but they were limited by management because they didn't want them to impact the round at all. For example, a regular marine could kidnap the CL whereas a Agent couldn't because uh?

tldr: management didnt like them
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    punish hardass "by the book" MP.
    >given set of rules/laws people should follow
    >your job is to enforce those laws
    >does job
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankTheMagicPotato View Post
    >does job
    > Be moderator
    > Don't read wiki article about Marine law
    > "Military Police may, at their discretion, ignore Minor Crimes unless they are ordered to enforce one. However, they should never break Marine Law themselves - Minor or Major crimes..."
    > Shitty MPs like Jack Knight that abuse the system by going hardass by the book still exist
    > Nothing has changed
    > Be staffmember
    > Funnies
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-17-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >does job
    Somehow still manage to fuck up following rules/laws and gain reputation for being a shitter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs may ignore minors, if they feel like it. They are in no way required to (unless ordered by someone higher in ML CoC to NJP instead). Unless you are breaking server rules, you can be a hard ass on ML.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs may ignore minors, if they feel like it. They are in no way required to (unless ordered by someone higher in ML CoC to NJP instead). Unless you are breaking server rules, you can be a hard ass on ML.
    And that is part of an issue. There is a couple dozen ways to soft-grief players as an MP that are 100% not breaking the rules.

> Shitlers read ML troughly.
    > Shitlers abuse the ML while not breaking the rules, still soft-grieffing and annying people.
    > People have issue with that.
    > Mods be like: