User Tag List

Thread: Swagbag - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swagbag - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Swagbag
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Samantha 'Riggs' Rigga / Denholm Earl
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    N/A
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Basedoperator
    Total Ban Duration
    Permeant
    Remaining Duration
    Permeant
    What other servers do you play on?
    None as of March.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Paradise, Aurora, Yogstation and some smaller ones around 2014. Aurora and Yogstation permabans have been appealed as of sometime last year.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    No
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No, not anymore. I did use NordVPN, ExpressVPN, ProtonVPN and PIA after the time of my 28 day ban.
    Reason for Ban
    Access Denied

Banned by host: 07NOV20 Ban Evasion
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    "You want to live—but do you know how to live? You are scared of dying—and, tell me, is the kind of life you lead really any different from being dead?" - Seneca the Younger
    I started CM sometime in 2015, I have vidid memories of being lost on the Nostromo and using the Captain's laser gun to make a laser turret outside the hallways of medical and bar.
    I have many fond memories of CM and I felt now was a proper time to appeal, with proper explanation.

To start off with a rhetorical question, what makes a person responsible, man/woman? Is it waking up at 5:15 A.M knowing you have a job which results in cuts on both hands and an ache in the lower back?
    Knowing you set a caffeine pill ontop of your bottled water by your bed to grudgling face reality and your job the next morning? Or is it resting your head against a pillow the same night knowing you did not tried, your best? Perhaps I can stay true to myself and
    answer that pleasure isn't meant to be ever lasting, but rewarded.

I cannot answer this for anybody but myself. Yet I admit sudden change is not always bad. Being thrust into a world of what seems odd, perhaps manipulative and expletive may be for the best. Yet what after I have been through,
    I now wish for nothing else. I could end it here, but I truthfully feel responsible for not just what I have done to myself but others. I'll admit, for a time I played CM as an escape.
    As a result, this lead to massive burnout and eventually toxicity to others.

For example, I remember in 2019 being part of the CO Council and feeling obligated to do what I could, near the end I felt tired and just apathatic towards it. I should have recognized that was the time to quit but I kept on the council,
    until removal through a discord ban. I know I did my best with CO applications, yet I knew I didn't do my best as a community member. That very same feeling echoes as I type this now and as such I feel obligated to make some things known.
    Some may know I evaded a ban on (a few) alts, made a report and even pointblanked a CO. I have already apologized to said player, but I feel responsible to make it publicly known. I cannot make up for it, but at the very least I genuinely apologize to all.
    I did my best leaving CM "gracefully" after my permaban, I did not try to stir up anything and decided it'd be for the best to just forget about it.

Admittedly, I know it's hard to trust someone who has responded to and gotten away from ahelps with just "I promise, I won't do it again. This was a slip up."
    But this time I actually know what is on the line to lose, being a member of a community instead of some random, whitelists, and respect.

To end off with, negativity has a true ripple effect in communities, online or in person. I don't wish for fleeting parasocial gain, temporal moments of pleasure or acts of revenge of those I "believe" wronged me.
    I just want to play CM after a day of work. Perhaps one day I can play not just SL but CO again? I know my limits now and I ask you to consider this and above all, apologies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned for Administrator team discussion.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This appeal is cryptic as hell, so I can't make heads or tails of it.
    The admins discussed it, the overall opinion they have on the appeal is no.

Just do a normal appeal next time, and I suggest you try getting a vouch from another SS13 server.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids