User Tag List

Thread: Zalgo - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zalgo - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    LordZalgo
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    I cannot recall for certain, it was a randomly generated name that was not what I used for my 'main' character, as this happened as a marine grunt while my 'main' was generally reserved for military police.
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    Indefinite
    Remaining Duration
    Indefinite
    What other servers do you play on?
    I would occasionally hop into /tg/station and goonstation, although I haven't done so in quite some time. They have historically been my comfort zone, though.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    If I recall correctly, there was a ban on yogstation fairly early in my time on ss13, which was resolved quickly and in good faith, with no incidents to follow.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No.
    Reason for Ban
    Banned by host: LC-2019 - This account is banned from CM-SS13
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    There were two previous appeals, but they don't seem to exist on the forums any longer.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    So, I don't think there's a whole lot I can say about this, because I don't recall many of the finer details of the event, such as the individuals that were involved or screenshots of the incident in question. Although, if someone happens to have some way to dig those things up, I would not be opposed to them being put on display. I do genuinely regret what it was that I had done, as I know that anything that can be construed as ERP, even when it is not the intent to engage in that activity, can be a danger to the server's well-being, legally speaking. I understand that these things have to be approached on the side of caution for the sake of the server's longevity, and that proper care needs to be taken to ensure that repeat offenses of this kind do not take place.

The deck is stacked against me. I've made both cold, calculated and heated, disgruntled approaches towards this in my previous two appeals respectively, and now, all I want to do is just speak the truth and be real with you fine folks. As far as I'm aware, all you've really done is do what you believe is best for the server and its community, and looking back fondly on my time with Colonial Marines, I'd really like to be a part of that community again. I used to be prone to some rather sudden fits of anger in more stressful circumstances, which at the time I felt I couldn't properly hold back on, even though I probably sat there for two minutes typing the insult which led to my permaban. It was incredibly childish and, quite frankly, just gross and uncomfortable. If more specific details are requested as to the nature of this message, I'm willing to replicate it to the best of my memory, but I will not act as though it 'wasn't that bad' to try and obscure things in my favor. It was gross and stupid, and I really should've never sent it in the first place.

Now, after having had time spent away from the scene and to ultimately mature as a person, I believe that you folks aren't going to have any repeat offenses from me. I've come to be more open to situations like the one I was in which prompted me to get myself banned, in which I was more or less helpless to do anything about my fate, and I honestly revel in that sort of thing at this point. I don't exactly just rush into things and get myself killed on purpose, but when I'm at the mercy of chance or superior tactics, I find that I respect that, and enjoy the experience for what it was. Things don't always turn out in my favor, and now I take some enjoyment in that.Losing is fun, because you still got to be part of an overall event that had its own quirks and moments of interest, and as a ghost or other faction as a result of my initial death, I'll get to see things from another perspective, or observe others in their own situations.

To try to summarize what I'm trying to say here: I understand that you folks would be taking a risk on letting me have myself a probation period, but honestly I think my outlook on what I'm trying to get out of the game has changed to such a degree that it's no longer something that you will have to encounter and regret taking a chance on me. I enjoyed my past time spent on Colonial Marines very much, even if my focus was on winning, and being trapped in an unwinnable situation had gotten the better of me previously. And now, I consider myself a gracious loser that doesn't even really see it as a win-or-lose scenario, but rather an opportunity to experience hardships, form bonds between characters, have those bonds develop into rivalries or comradeship as events unfold, and to hopefully allow others to do the same as I involve myself more with the community at large. I was more of a loner the first time around, but now I think I'd like to try and integrate myself with y'all.

That is, if you would be so gracious as to have me at your table.

Also, this surely goes without saying, but if there's anything I can clarify for you folks, I'd be happy to oblige.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned to administrative team for discussion and review.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admins discussed it, this appeal is fine, and the ban is very old.
    You'll get another shot, and I will process this within the next 48 hours.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids