User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shivas Snowball (Ice v3) Feedback thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snow is automatically a huge nerf for any xenos that need weeds or are reliant on weeding. Marines get far less of a downside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice is nice.
    Resident canon stickler.
    CM in a nutshell:

"perscription_google" - CM code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an idea, would it be possible for the map to warm up, and the snow tiles to be cleared slowly?

Either that or give a way that isn't spam clicking every tile to remove snow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    I had an idea, would it be possible for the map to warm up, and the snow tiles to be cleared slowly?

Either that or give a way that isn't spam clicking every tile to remove snow
    Throw in snow plow trucks. Could make things fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a really good suggestion guys, okay? You listening?

For the love of god, just give us back Ice Colony.

The map feels sluggish just to move around, yet its also surprisingly small enough to the point I can reliably accidentally encounter the hive. Theres nothing restricting travel from one area of the map to the other, and damn near everywhere is a viable spawn.

Please, Ice Colony was far better than this and that says something.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad map, but the only thing it has in common with ice is the weather and snow. A more fitting name for this map would be snow, because it is gentle and cold at the same time, where ice is hard and cold and unforgiving, like old ice. Old ice was more fun, but this isn't a bad map in comparison to other current maps. Also, keep the spiders and webs, that adds flavor.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeops View Post
    I have a really good suggestion guys, okay? You listening?

For the love of god, just give us back Ice Colony.

The map feels sluggish just to move around, yet its also surprisingly small enough to the point I can reliably accidentally encounter the hive. Theres nothing restricting travel from one area of the map to the other, and damn near everywhere is a viable spawn.

Please, Ice Colony was far better than this and that says something.
    funny 3 hour siege and ladder camping time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aight im back and im a xeno main now. map is complete ass for xenos. you have to clear shitloads of snow just to weed an area thats going to get blown up by marines. I like the idea of 2 LZs but it just nerfs the xenos to where they can build in 2 locations. Both can be obed if im not wrong and both are a very very short distance from the LZ. I did have an epic round the other day on ice where we somehow managed to win as xenos and marines peaked the hive but I think this was more so due to the incompetency of the marines not the map. I think this map either needs 1 LZ or maybe just a giant expansion of the cave system branching off the two main hive locations. Again though this map is LZ roulette. If you hive medical and its LZ1? You're fucked. If you hive research and its LZ2? You're fucked. Literally nothing you can do. Even if you slow them down they just ob you and the hive to smithereens. I think the easiest fix right now is to remove LZ2 and have somewhere to hive there. The hardest but more interesting would be to expand the two main hive locations with more stuff or maybe just two cave systems.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The snow is very punishing for Xenomorphs as mobility is key for them, it prevents weeds and requires time to clear them.

So, the snow makes building more time consuming which hurts drone castes and makes CQC harder for all other castes. (And more punishing as one explosive and its ripperoni)

It hurts the marines a little but they have ranged weapons and are less mobility based in the open spaces.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 07-14-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I wish we had the OG ICE added back, I like this map well enough.

But it's not without a share of it's own problems. I've played Queen a few rounds on Snow to test different hive locations. The two main meta ones are research and medical. It's the NE and the SW corner of the map. And LZs are in NW and SE corners. This leads to to all fighting happening on the edges of the map, with marines only needing to scout in which of the two corners the hive is and then they have a direct line towards it. Any other hive locations are inferior due to being in a too open spot and xenos having to dig up that snow.

Since the outskirts don't have any particular landmarks on the way to either meta hive spot, for marines to setup a secondary FOB, I feel like this results in shorter rounds. Either marines crush the hive, or the whole attacking force gets completely wiped out.

If we analyze the two most beloved maps, LZ and Big Red, they both follow FOB -> secondary FOB -> cave system -> hive progression of gameplay. The SNOW only has FOB -> hive.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew