Oliver 'Unhaired' Door
    Their BYOND Key
    FortyPercent
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    05:20 CT
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power, remain professional no matter what happens
    Description of the incident
    I logged on to observe mid-round, people mentioned a cultist event where the cultist defibbed marines for free xeno caps and mentioned there's been several ERTs as well as "Bill Carson" spawned(?) for marines.
    It seemed rather unfair with the defibs so I was wondering whos running it. No one answered in dchat so I checked staffwho and found out there's no admins online to run an event this big.

I ahelped asking why is a TAdmin running an event like this and if there's an actual admin overseeing (as staff rules state there must be one), sadly the only answer I got was a passive agressive "write a report", so here I am.
    The TAdmin in question also claimed my tone was "immediately hostile", despite me only asking a simple question - maybe people who sense hostility in every sentence shouldnt be staff? This time nothing happened but I wouldnt wanna be some poor sod who gets banned because an admin's jumping at shadows (the recent discord shitstorm seems to be a case of this happening aswell).

Originally I wasnt planning on reporting this even if it is a rule break - I've witnessed other staff running events that were questionable or went beyond their authority, but since it was in interest of the round and playerbase enjoyment theres no real issue with it. I asked because I was hoping he had an actual reason to break guidelines, like "playerbase asked for it", "my TAdmin period is over but not updated in-game yet" or literally whatever.

However, the answer I received just doesnt feel right - ahelping with a question only to get an equivalent of "go report me, I wont be punished anyway" as an answer. If my intention was to file a report I wouldnt be ahelping in the first place, and even had that been the case he should have clarified that he is indeed running this event with no admin overseer present (or maybe clarified that this isnt the case and there's a hidden admin present? who knows).

I thought the idea was that the staff and admins are here for the community and to make the server better as a whole, instant "go report it" answers however do not really go along with that spirit and just dissuade me from ahelping as a whole if im gonna be told to take it to the forums to question whether they're fit to be staff to begin with.

Frustrating and a waste of time for everyone involved (how can you even encourage reports if it means someone will have to go and do work pulling the logs? Awful behavior).

Addendum: Dunno if it was the TAdmin in question but as the round was nearing its end the few surviving xenos received a rather rude message from QM, at first I thought it might be just me seeing it that way but that was not the case as other players had similar thoughts on it its a "real shitty way to tell them to hurry up".
    I dont usually get offended by internet shit and much less by roleplay, but counting down their timer like that is rather degrading and the entire message doesnt fit with QM at all.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Revoke TAdmin status - surely you can find better, less hostile admin candidates amongst the mods.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was xo during that round and I got killed by a cultist related to this event. I was mostly in CIC until the dutch dozen ert came so I went and chatted with them before returning back to CIC where a freelancer was brought into CIC who was the alleged cultist in question. I was focused on commanding the marines and didn't really bother to do anything about the civilian so by the time I realized it I was already dead. I got admin healed later on though.
    just putting out what my pov was during the event

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not really a lot of logs to pull here, the conversation and accusation is quite short.

All PMs between forty and goldendarkness
    Spoiler Spoiler:

QM messages to speed up end of round
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To avoid confusion, I'd like to point at that I was the "Bill Carson" in the round, not Forty. He shows up as such due to a naming mishap.
    captain bill sutton, corporate sellout and roleplayer extraordinaire

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "trial admins can't run events without admin present" is really outdated and I will update it ASAP. Not even Smods need someone to watch their event so it makes no sense Trial Admins need it. I agree that FortyPercent attitude here is not acceptable. The event itself was not just randomly thrown together and Forty tried to make it as enjoyable as possible.

Resolved: the code of conduct was updated and a warning has been issued to FortyPercent for poor attitude in PMs.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.