User Tag List

Thread: A History Of Xeno Vs Human Balance with a focus on BRunners over the Past ~1.5 Years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A History Of Xeno Vs Human Balance with a focus on BRunners over the Past ~1.5 Years

Spoiler Spoiler:

Introduction:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Forgotten Age:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Unfair Age:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Golden/Runner Age:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The Downfall:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Modern:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Afterthoughts:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When runners had maturation, along with all the alien, I believe it was elder or ancient runners would survive a PB. The cursed days of getting murdered to death by runner gang moving at the speed of sonic the god dam hedgehog.

Also they didnt bother capping back then because before the disarm spam only worked if they were standing, or so it felt anyway. Besides most runners fail that or just generally die. You know how often TKO dies in a round, and is considered one of the current best? 1-4 times typically, it just a cheap tier 1 so he can keep coming back but yea.

Oh and you forgot the time when there was random crit chances, runners had the worse change if I remember but still funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivor changes were way before maturity removal, well with the exception of neuro resistance being added but that's still pretty old, the most recent relevant change was they started spawning with HG's.
    (Survivors receiving 20% knockdown resistance, heavy neuro resistance, and a 75% bonebreak resistance. Delimb and bonebreak chance being heavily decreased(and refactored).)
    Aka survivors are still stuck in a pre-maturity balance state, well mostly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Delimb and bonebreak chance was a different point from the survivors. Delimbing and bonebreaking got separate changes from just the survivor changes that happened around that time.
    My bad on the survivor changes though, guess I thought they had that added when they got neuro resistance. They might have gotten neuro ressitance towards the end of the Golden/Runner time period rather than early Downfall. All well.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalattack View Post
    Survivor changes were way before maturity removal, well with the exception of neuro resistance being added but that's still pretty old, the most recent relevant change was they started spawning with HG's.
    (Survivors receiving 20% knockdown resistance, heavy neuro resistance, and a 75% bonebreak resistance. Delimb and bonebreak chance being heavily decreased(and refactored).)
    Aka survivors are still stuck in a pre-maturity balance state, well mostly.
    I remember spawning as prisoner on prison. This was the time when they had no guns for them straight up and no way to get out, I dont think you even had a tool pouch back then? Or I did but it was that medium sec spawn so it was instant GG unless your fast asf and get to chapel before aliens. Whatever. Oh and LV there was I think just enough GUNS, not shotguns GUNS just for every one of every survivor. Brutal map for them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Base runner is in an extremely poor position currently.

Incind Ammo which is now available on maps for survivors is around, as well as techwebs providing incind ammo which is, for any marine who isn't green, a death sentence.

(A runner, which is a harasser tier, operating usually away from weeds or behind the enemy lines, now can be hit by a bullet, which will either kill them in 7 seconds (including bullet damage) unless they roll over and eat a stun, which myself and other marines just follow them until they die)

Even TKO has switched to lurker, which shows the state of runner when the person which caused all the nerfs for being so good at the role, can't really stomach it.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Techwebs and its effects on the game has been one of the great tragedies of CM.

Really I hate techwebs it induced way too much powercreep. Now it has to balance for marines with all sorts of special ammo while also balancing for when they dont have it. Pure pain