User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOB engies: Please learn to FOB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOB engies: Please learn to FOB

No criticisms against individuals (I'm the worst engie USCM has), but there is a wonderful guide (I'll edit a link it later).

I deployed to man the mortar, and was shown by a PO (who was internally cringing looking at this from the cockpit) and a RTO these... weakpoints?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

1) This is a salient in front of a sentry. Problem: That door there allows a xeno to simply run slash and run away, maybe getting hit with half a burst. Solution: seal the door way, move the sentry to the left 2 spaces and level the 'cads. You save 2 cades and can now shoot into doorway.

2) 6 Claymores in close proximity to each other, and cades. These are sensitive to explosions and when one goes off, a chain reaction will blow up all of 'em. Sure, you're hitting a xeno 1-2 more times than usual. Problem: If a runner triggers one, the chain explosion damages the 'cades at the rear of the minefield. Solution: Place clay mores at least 1, more like 2 spaces away from cades. Think of them like alarms, and if you're quick you can shoot a stunned xeno.

3) These cades are beyond description. Problem: I'll focus on sealing the south with water tanks, when the cades could have started directly next to the wall and ommitted this horrible weakpoint.

If someone makes a suggestion, consider if it simplifies construction, saving you time and money. If someone starts disassembling your sh*t, check your logs to see if they tried talking to you first. ss13 has an amazingly steep learning curve and you can only learn by doing, I get it. But please read this guide if you're responsible for the safety of the dropship, medics, and supplies that everyone relies on. Section "In the Front", as in battlefront.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Squad_Engineer#In_the_Front

Best regards,

Fred

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skill issue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FredDingles View Post
    snip
    Gotta accept that most engineers aren't intelligent anymore - most are window licking fart sniffing crayon eating boot licking mouth breathing nose picking LOBOTOMIZED MONGOLOIDS who just GRADUATED from playing with DUPLO LEGOS. When I buy engi tech to show the engineers some love you'd be surprised on how many DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE IT. So many boot fuck RETARDS who are so BRAINDEAD the NEURONS in their head dont fire so they build RETARDED cadelines like that in the picture and waste mines; they dont even bother to hide them. You know how fucked this is? I was CO that annex round. I was told to take a look at the cades and I went "yeah thats pretty normal". It's not even hard to be an engineer - its so menial and dumbed down. I have platinum on engineer and thats AFTER playtime tracking was added and engineers are usually the dumbest fucking GOOBERS who HAPPILY CHUG THEIR CORN SYRUP and drink their FLUORIDE LACED WATER. God knows I've tried helping them - I've taught countless people but my efforts are fruitless. I swear to GOD the brain matter of your local bravo engineer matches the MOLECULAR FORMULA OF HOTDOG FILLING. FUCK I HATE ENGINEERS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the engineers were very busy cadding off the marine push to ensure no quick victory for either side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would take up engineering but it sounds boring so i simply dont

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Vancleave View Post
    Gotta accept that most engineers aren't intelligent anymore - most are window licking fart sniffing crayon eating boot licking mouth breathing nose picking LOBOTOMIZED MONGOLOIDS who just GRADUATED from playing with DUPLO LEGOS. When I buy engi tech to show the engineers some love you'd be surprised on how many DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE IT. So many boot fuck RETARDS who are so BRAINDEAD the NEURONS in their head dont fire so they build RETARDED cadelines like that in the picture and waste mines; they dont even bother to hide them. You know how fucked this is? I was CO that annex round. I was told to take a look at the cades and I went "yeah thats pretty normal". It's not even hard to be an engineer - its so menial and dumbed down. I have platinum on engineer and thats AFTER playtime tracking was added and engineers are usually the dumbest fucking GOOBERS who HAPPILY CHUG THEIR CORN SYRUP and drink their FLUORIDE LACED WATER. God knows I've tried helping them - I've taught countless people but my efforts are fruitless. I swear to GOD the brain matter of your local bravo engineer matches the MOLECULAR FORMULA OF HOTDOG FILLING. FUCK I HATE ENGINEERS
    lol mad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Vancleave View Post
    Real talk. You think they would learn marine more and see how the xenos attack before picking a role that can make or break a FOB defence. Just yesterday I saw someone put 4 count that 4 fucking lines of cades in a 3 tile wide line. Literally a single boiler could break those 4 lines simultaniously with one shot. How can you pick the roll to build the FOB without knowing at least a rudimentary understanding of how the xenos work.
    Last edited by Santiago Delgado; 06-25-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engineerings gay, claymores are shit, cades are useless. Grab a sentry or whatever the fuck and plant it at the front and be a combat engie.

Fobs are fucking dogshit since all it takes is a xeno with 2 braincells to break it. (Trapper, stacked cade slash, spitter, acid runner, prea stacks to prevent repairs, single queen screech) honestly it amazes me the amount of times a siege has lasted longer than a minute purely because of the xenos being fucking dumb.

Rounds only last 20 minutes your better off fighting and having fun with your sentry in combat than fucking about at an fob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my favorite techniques is "murderboxes", these are small outposts in the firing range of the fob, consisting of 3x cades and 1x plasteel cade in a box formation in spots in front of the main defensive line. Marines can man these and get full 360 degree firing lines, stun xenos with shotguns who are attacking the fob, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone else find it bizarre that the doors are the strongest points of a cadeline? Like why not make plasteel the weakest point of the cade line by having it be half health it has now and double the metal barricade health so its not a joke and engineers have to build around making the shitty plasteel not instantly get breached while allpwing marine mobility