User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOB engies: Please learn to FOB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In muh limited time as an engineer I find that it takes a special kind of Bob the Builder to put up with FOB duty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I main engi but spent a lot of time reading the numerous well made guides out there before deploying. However, I straight hate building the FOB. Not because of the lack of action but because there is little point. Cades are super easy to destroy and without fail there is not enough manpower to guard the FOB. Thus, the aliens forgo your well built FOB and attack one cade on an unwatched flank making your last hour a giant waste of time.
    Last edited by Happy Crow; 07-10-2021 at 03:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Crow View Post
    I main engi but spent a lot of time reading the numerous well made guides out there before deploying. However, I straight hate building the FOB. Not because of the lack of action but because there is little point. Cades are supper easy to destroy and without fail there is not enough manpower to guard the FOB. Thus, the aliens forgo your well built FOB and attack one cade on an unwatched flank making your last hour a giant waste of time.
    Engies should be able to purchase a second sentry for basically all of their points. I had a round earlier where bravo just decided to fuck off and not defend the fob on LV, so I had to build, patrol, and maintain the entirety of LZ1. In short, didn't happen. Also plasteel should be made cheaper. I fucking hate the APC, especially on FOB duty where I get to spend all of my limited amount of gates so some metal shitbox can do nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchaseable sentry, new meta fuck cades just plop a sentry down everywhere. All tech points for req budget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brichess View Post
    does anyone else find it bizarre that the doors are the strongest points of a cadeline?
    If plasteel wasn't much more expensive then metal, I'd be fine with it being weaker then metal, or perhaps we forgo plasteel and allow flip cades to be made from metal.

I think it would greatly help the sanity of the FOB engineers had more man power helping them build.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    Engies should be able to purchase a second sentry for basically all of their points. I had a round earlier where bravo just decided to fuck off and not defend the fob on LV, so I had to build, patrol, and maintain the entirety of LZ1. In short, didn't happen. Also plasteel should be made cheaper. I fucking hate the APC, especially on FOB duty where I get to spend all of my limited amount of gates so some metal shitbox can do nothing.
    I kinda agree. I remember one front line engie would would gather everyone's sentries and shut down chokes singlehanded. If you read this buddy, my jaw is still on the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Vancleave View Post
    Gotta accept that most engineers aren't intelligent anymore - most are window licking fart sniffing crayon eating boot licking mouth breathing nose picking LOBOTOMIZED MONGOLOIDS who just GRADUATED from playing with DUPLO LEGOS. When I buy engi tech to show the engineers some love you'd be surprised on how many DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE IT. So many boot fuck RETARDS who are so BRAINDEAD the NEURONS in their head dont fire so they build RETARDED cadelines like that in the picture and waste mines; they dont even bother to hide them. You know how fucked this is? I was CO that annex round. I was told to take a look at the cades and I went "yeah thats pretty normal". It's not even hard to be an engineer - its so menial and dumbed down. I have platinum on engineer and thats AFTER playtime tracking was added and engineers are usually the dumbest fucking GOOBERS who HAPPILY CHUG THEIR CORN SYRUP and drink their FLUORIDE LACED WATER. God knows I've tried helping them - I've taught countless people but my efforts are fruitless. I swear to GOD the brain matter of your local bravo engineer matches the MOLECULAR FORMULA OF HOTDOG FILLING. FUCK I HATE ENGINEERS
    Everything you said applies to me, and it's why I don't make FOB. My only positive contribution to the building arts is making a kill box on Solaris, at the medbay marshall's entrance. I think i'm the only one who does it. 40 sandbags closes the north-east windows, puts a two bag cade north of marshalls, and a 2 bag cade West of medbay. I'm still amazed how that can contane a xeno push.

My hands are kinda shaking with the trauma of seeing that cat turd FOB, you had to command it? Let me buy you a beer mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrison View Post

I think it would greatly help the sanity of the FOB engineers had more man power helping them build.
    Problem isnt man power... never omce have I been lile oh damn I wish I had another engineer(wholl probably fuck up) to help me build this FOB. Only thing you need manpower is a PFC with wirecutters or a wrench to go cut fences/scav for you.

Engineerings already brain dead no point dumbing the role down even more by having more people be able to do the same shit.

And again if sentrys became purchasable itll be the meta to ignore building and just plop sentries down which will end up getting them nerfed more.

As for the carl niche that got nerfed hard because 1 player found his niche and put a lot of effort and time getting it to work but because xenos thought it was bullshit theu couldnt just screech and walk over marines it got removed.