User Tag List

Thread: LZ2 on Big Red needs an update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LZ2 on Big Red needs an update.

It's a death sentence if command ever picks it.
    It's extremely cramped.
    No reasonable path for a vehicle to enter or exit.
    So many tight areas that just become traffic jams for marines and easy attack points for xenos.
    It's not a good LZ currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah its ass. i mean its kind of good if they are hiving south viro caves but they are probably getting rolled if its there anyway. if they build in lambda though i think its nearly impossible to win unless the marines are just rolling the xenos with 0 resistance. also you cant defend LZ2 with a FOB its actually impossible. the site lines are way too short

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LZ2 was never meant to be a serious spot.

Long ago, like 2019 or so, they made it you can put that telecomm tower. Before that you needed to secure telecommunications on the colony. On big red this was telecomms and the map was based around LZ1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pigeon's correct, it's a good landing spot but not somewhere you want to set up the FOB.
    Somewhat related, I don't understand why deploying at both LZs (with an FOB only being built at one of course) isn't more common. It covers more ground quicker, and is excellent for flanking, and is just more dynamic but I don't see many people doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBonoDrono View Post
    Somewhat related, I don't understand why deploying at both LZs (with an FOB only being built at one of course) isn't more common. It covers more ground quicker, and is excellent for flanking, and is just more dynamic but I don't see many people doing it.
    As someone who did lots of Dual-Deployments on Solaris, I can say that Dual-Deployment has its cons and pros. You already talked about some of its pros like covering ground more quicker and making it easier for marines to flank aliens but problem is that, Dual Deployment has serious flaws. For example, if aliens' Hive is at Viro or South-West Caves, all of your marines at LZ2 will be surrounded and they won't have enough time to survive until QRF arrives. Another flaw is that, separating marines into 2 groups gives aliens a huge advantage as marines' combat effectiveness mostly depends on their numbers.

TL;DR Dual-Deployment is a high-risk high-reward strategy. Also, God forbid if Primary LZ is LZ2 while aliens' Hive is at Lambda.