Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JTAC for marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JTAC for marines

From wikipedia:
    "Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) is the term used in the United States Armed Forces and some other military forces for a qualified service member who directs the action of combat aircraft engaged in close air support and other offensive air operations from a forward position."

I like to play PO, but I hate getting stuck with CAS because that usually means you will be sitting afk most of the game, waiting for the one time some SL decides to lase a target.
    I'v played SL, and it's a lot of work. You have to organize the squad, watch the motion detector, use the flamer, blow the whistle, and on top of all that, mark targets for the PO, mortar, and the ships artil.
    It's not hard to see why most SL's never mark targets.

What I suggest is creating one JTAC roll for each squad. Have one marine who's sole job is to lase targets for CAS.
    I'm not suggesting taking away the SL's ability to lase targets, but having a dedicated marker would make the SL's and PO's life a lot easier.

It would also help fix the boiler problem, since they are pretty susceptible to CAS.
    Last edited by Balance Asshat; 02-09-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New update is tested already. Check the changelog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JTAC kits will happen.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea but don't remove the ability for SLs or people with the proper items to call in strikes themselves. IRL JTACs are an asset for making airstrikes easier, not a replacement for training on the use of fire missions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatzandhoes View Post
    Good idea but don't remove the ability for SLs or people with the proper items to call in strikes themselves. IRL JTACs are an asset for making airstrikes easier, not a replacement for training on the use of fire missions.
    They'll be addon binos not a replacement.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, I love playing PO with CAS but sitting around for an hour is a rough time.
    This should help alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah, Gotta get that dakka.
    my first non combat medal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice to have SOMEONE who is focused on air support.

Originally, it was SUPPOSED to be the scout, but most players focus more on shooting their fancy gun than utilizing their tactical binoculars to call in strikes. Having a lesser role dedicated to marking targets for CaS (and hopefully mortar strikes) would be a great minor role for players who prefer to be supportive over aggressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renomaki View Post
    It would be nice to have SOMEONE who is focused on air support.

Originally, it was SUPPOSED to be the scout, but most players focus more on shooting their fancy gun than utilizing their tactical binoculars to call in strikes. Having a lesser role dedicated to marking targets for CaS (and hopefully mortar strikes) would be a great minor role for players who prefer to be supportive over aggressive.
    The scout doesn't have a command headset and the POs don't know what squad he is in, which makes coordinating difficult. At this point, now that CAS is Good, we might actually need a dedicated CAS channel with the SLs, POs, Scout, and any hypothetical JTACs on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntasa View Post
    The scout doesn't have a command headset and the POs don't know what squad he is in, which makes coordinating difficult. At this point, now that CAS is Good, we might actually need a dedicated CAS channel with the SLs, POs, Scout, and any hypothetical JTACs on it.
    Already being done chief. There will be a shared JTAC radio channel.