Byond ID?
    ScarletReign

CM Character?
    Alysia Wilo

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST (GMT -5)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20, varies depending on work

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, I was a webadmin, forumadmin and DM for one NWN server, Developer on several others.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Bee Station occasionally

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yep!

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    This is appropriate IC handling of the issue. I would warn them about escalation rules and answer any questions regarding sentence/procedure as needed.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Check if there is any immediate concern per server rulebreaks, then direct the player to the report forum or predator councilor.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would welcome the player to the server! If there is a SEA online, I'd let them know the player needed help, if not, I'd walk them through getting dressed/gear, make sure they have the wiki link and know how to ask questions or get help from mentors if they get stuck.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I ignore the name calling and provide instructions on how to contact the Admin+ staff.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'd thank the player for the heads up and contact the John Doe player and let them know the CM rules on character names, and that they'll need to rename their marine.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Be disappointed, but not surprised. Unless they are actively griefing, this is an IC issue though.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Inform the survivor that outside of admin events hostile survivors aren't allowed anymore, make sure the dead marine is able to return back into the game safely.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Ask them the name of the arresting mp then check with them to see what the sentences were given and why did they end up in perma. If the MP made a mistake they need to be informed and possibly noted and ideally this should be resolved in an IC way via an appeal. If no mistake was made, explain the sentencing to the player that ahelped it.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I could try sending a marine side something along the line of a message from WY that costs put into them are not producing expected results, adjusted to whichever side I'm sending this to based on context of the round.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Confront them ICly, and report them to the MPs as well as ahelp it since it breaking the rules.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell them that the end of round grief rule regulates friendly fire, not fighting hostiles.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Step in to stop them, then talk to them to find out if this was someone new, or someone who was griefing, apply punishment of the latter

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Unless there were any other circumstances, the player broke escalation rules and should be noted/banned accordingly.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Remind the mutineers that there are procedures to a mutiny and they need to stop and either dissipate or follow the right way and make the case for their mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell the marines to drop the racist jokes, that its not cool even if its IC. Check notes to make sure this isn't a pattern and let them move on if no bans are necessary.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban CKey for griefing, heal the victims

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would message the player and explain to them action is griefing/against the rules, note/punish them accordingly.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Tell them that's not allowed, refer them to the hive RP standards. Note/punish accordingly.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain to them why that is not against the rules how the hivemind is supposed to work.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Send them a quick note to remind them they don't know its xenos until they land to let them correct themselves.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Going to the extremes to save your life during hijack is acceptable. If the marine was indeed acting to save their life, I can sympathize with the player that died if they ahelped it, but there isn't anything I can do.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I send them a note telling them what the complaint process for the staff is, but if they continue then I ban them.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would sympathize with them for their situation, but explain the round does not stop if the go SSD and hostile forces do not have to check for that.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Politely tell them that I think they made an error and reference the correct information with a link.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Not get involved. If I noticed anything that's a misapplication of the rules, I'd screenshot it and send it to the dept heads for review.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'm polite, pleasant and I play a lot, and I think I can help the server. Ultimately, I'd like to do events as well.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Empathy.

Anything else you
    I think I would make a great mod because I'm polite and patient, thanks for considering my application.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for applying, I'll cut out the pleasantries and get right to responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, I was a webadmin, forumadmin and DM for one NWN server, Developer on several others.
    Could you elaborate on NWN? I am not familiar with the game acronym. But this is a pretty good experience although nothing really beckons to specific experience in the sort of game moderating we do. Which is fine as you'll be trained.

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    This is appropriate IC handling of the issue. I would warn them about escalation rules and answer any questions regarding sentence/procedure as needed.
    I always do think these hypotheticals really don't go into specifics. But yeah, this makes sense and your handling would be correct. But this could be more then escalation and it could be a griefer, just keep an open mind.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Check if there is any immediate concern per server rulebreaks, then direct the player to the report forum or predator councilor.
    Yeah, pretty tight & perfect response.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would welcome the player to the server! If there is a SEA online, I'd let them know the player needed help, if not, I'd walk them through getting dressed/gear, make sure they have the wiki link and know how to ask questions or get help from mentors if they get stuck.
    Eeeh yeah pretty good, If there wasn't a SEA online I would personally inform the mentors (if any online, otherwise i'd inform him) and get them to walk the new player through and offer returning them to lobby if any of them are ghosted to play SEA only to teach this new-start, especially if the server has few moderators on (got to do our job of stopping rulebreaks, first and foremost) but helping him isn't very wrong and you could feel free to do that especially if other staff are available to handle ahelps. As creating a welcoming atmosphere is definitely something a moderator should be doing.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I ignore the name calling and provide instructions on how to contact the Admin+ staff.
    Now this is a pretty ok way of dealing with this, on one hand. you're defusing the situation and trying to put being nice first. On the other hand, you're passing on someone being rude to someone else which is fine if you really can't handle the insults that day but you shouldn't always do it. What I prefer to do is to inform them I am as well versed in the rules as any admin & you can trust me to handle this problem effectively and without bias. And if they have any issues with how I handle the issue, that they are free to make a staff report against me. Also, do not be afraid to tell them to stop insulting & inform them that you are only trying to help out & preserve the fun of all players and if you want to continue you insulting me you will only hurt your case and break the rules. Sticks and stone may break you bones, but words will also hurt you and can lead to burnout which you should avoid.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'd thank the player for the heads up and contact the John Doe player and let them know the CM rules on character names, and that they'll need to rename their marine.
    Yep, pretty good. Although after telling them to rename their name, make a mental note (aswell as a proper one) of their ckey and when you have some downtime next round type their ckey in to make sure they have done it and are being cooperative, of course people will ahelp about the name again but this procedure helps against names some people do not find offensive and it's best to have good practice.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Be disappointed, but not surprised. Unless they are actively griefing, this is an IC issue though.
    Yep, this is what we have Military police for and they're free to catch them on it. But it would be a good idea if you're not handling anything else to follow them around and make sure they're not doing any sort of bad stuff. Don't worry you won't have to do this manually you can orbit their character and just make sure they're not doing any rule-breaks. As well, make sure that the MPs are actually catching them on it if the MPs are free but they're not doing anything about the person who's breaking marine law right next to them you may want to boink them. This matters more for major crimes and not for crimes they actually can choose to ignore which are minor crimes like breaking SOP.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Inform the survivor that outside of admin events hostile survivors aren't allowed anymore, make sure the dead marine is able to return back into the game safely.
    Yep, pretty spot on. But remember to check their note history and make a ban or note accordingly it's all well and fun to just 'inform' them but we need to make sure that they will catch a ban if they repeat it in the future. And notes go a long way to doing that.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Ask them the name of the arresting mp then check with them to see what the sentences were given and why did they end up in perma. If the MP made a mistake they need to be informed and possibly noted and ideally this should be resolved in an IC way via an appeal. If no mistake was made, explain the sentencing to the player that ahelped it.
    once again, pretty near the mark. But remember to [/B]always note & check note history if they have broken any rule[/B] it costs nothing (except a little of our near endless database's storage) and ensures that the MP does not break the same rules in the future.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I could try sending a marine side something along the line of a message from WY that costs put into them are not producing expected results, adjusted to whichever side I'm sending this to based on context of the round.
    Handling it in IC, good job. Although I have a leniency to turn to the aliens in this matter then the marines, as they are a hivemind and should always be attacking, and are required by rules to listen to the queen-mother then the marines who basically hate W-Y or high command and occasionally might attack but will drag the round longer if they don't and cannot be punished in rules for what they have done since it does make sense in universe. Also, remember you do have the OOC available and that might also be the better idea in some situations, however yeah handle it in IC where possible and you have which is good.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Confront them ICly, and report them to the MPs as well as ahelp it since it breaking the rules.
    Yep, didn't fall into the trap of handling it yourself as staff. Good job, nothing really much to say.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell them that the end of round grief rule regulates friendly fire, not fighting hostiles.
    Correct, I would also link them to the rules & say specifically the rule to decrease the likelihood of them saying "but i'm pretty sure..." and wasting time.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Step in to stop them, then talk to them to find out if this was someone new, or someone who was griefing, apply punishment of the latter
    This is pretty light griefing though and is more on the lines of marine law hooliganism, I would much rather let the MPs step in and handle this then punishing them with a ban, although yeah a note (if you count that as a punishment) would be applied in this situation and also remember to check note history before passing judgement

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Unless there were any other circumstances, the player broke escalation rules and should be noted/banned accordingly.
    Pretty much, but remember to check note history and make sure they understand the escalation rules instead of just informing them they broke escalation and leaving it at that.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Remind the mutineers that there are procedures to a mutiny and they need to stop and either dissipate or follow the right way and make the case for their mutiny.
    In principle, yep. But what happens if they do not listen? What happens if they kill the commander before they listen to your words? Who would you punish?

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell the marines to drop the racist jokes, that its not cool even if its IC. Check notes to make sure this isn't a pattern and let them move on if no bans are necessary.
    Pretty much, offending people even if it's found somewhat funny by some people does not make it any less offensive, but for less heavily offensive topics (that aren't phobic) you should generally follow the rule that punishment is proportional to how many people are effected. Saying someone is a "fucking whore" is bad, but calling all the marines "whores" over announcement is even worse.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban CKey for griefing, heal the victims
    Yep, I would have prefered if you went into the specifics of how much you would ban them, but you don't know how we set different ban timers for certain rule-breaks so that is forgivable.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would message the player and explain to them action is griefing/against the rules, note/punish them accordingly.
    Eh, pretty much. But once again (although i'm sure this might just be omission) you should check their note history.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Tell them that's not allowed, refer them to the hive RP standards. Note/punish accordingly.
    pretty much, but to sound like a broken record you should check their note history

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain to them why that is not against the rules how the hivemind is supposed to work.
    Yep, correct.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Send them a quick note to remind them they don't know its xenos until they land to let them correct themselves.
    Yep, although once again check note history for LRP behaviour and make sure they aren't doing LRP things such as this all the time. As sometimes we apply minor bans if LRP transgressions are quite high in recent time.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Going to the extremes to save your life during hijack is acceptable. If the marine was indeed acting to save their life, I can sympathize with the player that died if they ahelped it, but there isn't anything I can do.
    Pretty much, I would prefer if you would be able to cite exactly how in rules this is an example of exceptional circumstances but I am just nit-picking as I prefer moderators to be able to cite rules at people who we punish to decrease people feeling it's personal or unjust but that's a subjective opinion.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I send them a note telling them what the complaint process for the staff is, but if they continue then I ban them.
    Pretty much, would prefer you go into specifics, how long would you ban them? what is the complaint process and how would you explain that? shouldn't you check their note history to check if they have a history of being hostile? And also, this is a niggling example of when I prefer you get someone else to handle the problem. If they are available as being insulted can effect how much you ban someone and that is something we should avoid.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would sympathize with them for their situation, but explain the round does not stop if the go SSD and hostile forces do not have to check for that.
    Yep, I am more rational with how I handle ahelps, but being more emotional is fine it's just how you are.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Politely tell them that I think they made an error and reference the correct information with a link.
    Yep, pretty much. although I don't really think linking them makes much sense when just referencing it will do. But once again, just a niggling issue.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Not get involved. If I noticed anything that's a misapplication of the rules, I'd screenshot it and send it to the dept heads for review.
    I prefer to take a more pro-active approach to arguments. Where you just tell both of them to bring it up with a dept head or in rule-clarifications and try and settle it properly if the judgement is iffy. But not getting involved is kinda fine and reporting it to a dept head makes sense and is definitely what you should do if it escalates to more then just a argument about the rules and they start hurling insults.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'm polite, pleasant and I play a lot, and I think I can help the server. Ultimately, I'd like to do events as well.
    Yep, being nice is a good quality. Though I personally prefer the ability to gib marines who kill me as a xenos and call it an "event"

heh, but seriously I do hope your politeness carries on to your moderating it would be pleasant indeed.

Question Time

Alrighty, well I'm just going to give you a few questions before making a -1 or +1 decision.

1) A marine is arrested for insubordination by an MP after calling them (since their character is a women) "A stupid women who belongs in the kitchen" there is no indication in the moment that the situation was an attempt at humour. And the MP ahelps about it after locking him up in brig. You talk to the marine and it is apparent his English is very poor & it seems like he speaks English as a second language. He also seems to be new. What actions do you take?

2) A marine is disarming the SADAR specialist in dropship, the SADAR wields his rocket launcher and says "If you do not stop I'll blow your fucking face off." The marine disarms again, and the SADAR disarm-fires into the dropship using an AP, gibbing someone. You recieve multiple ahelps, including from the marine who was disarming the SADAR saying the SADAR was a griefer. You recognise the SADAR as someone who frequents the server reguarly and you handled an ahelp just a week ago with him where his shotgun was disarmed. You do not recognise the marine who was disarming, and when you talk with him he seems very suprised that he would just fire the rocket launcher "not even at me." What actions do you take?

3) The XO, after a disastrous campaign on the ground, calls for evacuation and roleplays someone upset at the loss of life in the ending announcements. You see him in a pod and watch him for a bit, after a while of faffing around with a revolver the round ends. And he blows his head off. What action would you take?

Alright, best of luck. And I hope you succeed.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Thank you for taking the time to comment, and give feedback! (I appreciate seeing where my answers can be improved) I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

NWN stands for NeverWinter Nights.
    It was a trilogy of Dungeons & Dragons based Bioware games that also had a pretty decent toolset & platform for multiplayer games. The servers I was involved in were Persistant Worlds, where there is a more or less linear continuty driven by player interaction and DM events, as opposed to individual rounds or campaigns with a set beginning and end point and then the world resets.

Most of the DM/staff issues dealt with conflicts between players and issues where we had to determine if actions were out of alignment/against rules for factions/religions (Which is similiar to CMs's LRP) and mechanical exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan1815 View Post
    1) A marine is arrested for insubordination by an MP after calling them (since their character is a women) "A stupid women who belongs in the kitchen" there is no indication in the moment that the situation was an attempt at humour. And the MP ahelps about it after locking him up in brig. You talk to the marine and it is apparent his English is very poor & it seems like he speaks English as a second language. He also seems to be new. What actions do you take?
    When speaking to the marine, I would try to make sure that he understood the difference between IC and OOC interactions, and that since there was an IC insult, he was receiving an IC punishment. I'd clarify the role of MPs in the game if needed, and make sure he know that OOC insults we're acceptable, and if he had an issue with a fellow player, he should get in touch with mods or post a report on the forum, and offer to answer any new player questions.

As for ESL, while I think that's something to be taken into consideration in cases of misunderstanding, it doesn't apply here since his insult wasn't misinterpreted.

I asked my CMP main spouse, who confirmed, Insubordination was the right charge, in case the MP wanted confirmation.

2) A marine is disarming the SADAR specialist in dropship, the SADAR wields his rocket launcher and says "If you do not stop I'll blow your fucking face off." The marine disarms again, and the SADAR disarm-fires into the dropship using an AP, gibbing someone. You recieve multiple ahelps, including from the marine who was disarming the SADAR saying the SADAR was a griefer. You recognise the SADAR as someone who frequents the server reguarly and you handled an ahelp just a week ago with him where his shotgun was disarmed. You do not recognise the marine who was disarming, and when you talk with him he seems very suprised that he would just fire the rocket launcher "not even at me." What actions do you take?
    There's a couple things going on in this scenario. First, I would heal the bystanders so they could get back to the game with minimum disruption.

The next part is challenging, because I know Disarm Fire is a game mechanic, but I'm not 100% on how it works.

I'm going to assume that when speaking to the SADAR player recently about having his shotgun disarmed, the situation was similar. I'd check his notes to see if he'd received any previous warnings about it. I'd likewise talk to the player who provoked this and check their notes.

The SADAR player should know better than to purposefully trigger the disarm mechanic, especially if they are a SADAR. If I could tell this was a mistake, I'd issue issue a warning. If done on purpose than I think it would warrant a temporary ban.

I'd give the other player a warning for their role in this, as they shouldn't be trying to trigger the disarm mechanic either be it on purpose or by accident, especially on the SADAR.

Lastly, if anything came up that made me uncertain, or that muddied the issue, I'd ask another staff member for help.

3) The XO, after a disastrous campaign on the ground, calls for evacuation and roleplays someone upset at the loss of life in the ending announcements. You see him in a pod and watch him for a bit, after a while of faffing around with a revolver the round ends. And he blows his head off. What action would you take?
    I wouldn't take action. Since the round had ended, and he was alone in the pod, his action wouldn't be able to affect the outcome of the round, and under the current test ruleset, suicide isn't automatically against the rules as long as doing it doesn't violate the griefing rules or prevent job functions from being fulfilled.

Thanks again for the wishes of good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep!! Some minor things, but this is a +1
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Righto I'm right off the bat gonna thank you for applying, its always really nice to see people wanting to help out with staff stuff!

Warfan did a great job breaking down your responses to the questions and I didn't see any major issues with your answers. (I will be the broken record that says you should always check notes though!)
    I do want to ask you another question though to get more of a feeling as to how you would moderate before giving my +1/-1.

Question: You get a ahelp about a player suiciding as a larva. They died near the frontlines and have several notes about dying as a larva but never received a ban for it. When confronted in PMs the player says they didn't know they were in a dangerous position. Do you ban, jobban or just note them? Why?

Anyways I'm gonna wish you lots of luck with your application!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clairion View Post

Question: You get a ahelp about a player suiciding as a larva. They died near the frontlines and have several notes about dying as a larva but never received a ban for it. When confronted in PMs the player says they didn't know they were in a dangerous position. Do you ban, jobban or just note them? Why?
    Hi there!
    I'll do my best with your follow-up-

I would let the player know that in reviewing their notes, I was seeing a tendency to be killed as a larva, and while everyone makes mistakes sometimes, part of the rule of not going to frontlines as larva includes having situational awareness in game so you can avoid danger. Due to previous warnings, I'd instate a three-hour ban and add a note to document what I'd told them.

Thanks for your feedback and wish of luck!

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine response, and along with all your other responses I feel that I can be pretty confident that you'll make a pretty good mod. +1 for you!

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post

Answers wise, this is the only question i really have an issue with, and i want to spell something out warfans answer only seems to imply. The person DOSE NOT get to admin shop. You do not have to call a superior or anything of the likes. You marked the ahelp its yours to handle as you see fit. If they want to make a staff report, thats fine, but beyond that they have to deal with you and even if you happen to be wrong, your ruling applies for the rest of the round, they dont get to bully/intimidate you into calling a superior or colleague. This of course does not mean you don't get to consult with other mods if you so wish, or cant pass it to someone else if you need to go or cant handle it for whatever reason, such as a conflict of interest that becomes apparent only mid ahelp, for example.

Outside of the questions, I know this player and they are best known for maintaining the peace and keeping mts inline as CE. I think they will make a fine moderator and as such +1. I hope you do make admin one day and make some fun events.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Commanding Officer Council Member Superreallycoolguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    late on the whole response game compared to some of the other mods but they said everything that really needs to be said, they broke down the answers well and adressed what needed to be with some of your answers. I have no doubts you'll make a fine mod with a bit of training.

+1
    I Play Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz
    CO Council Member, Discord Is Dargus#4831, DM Your CO Questions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After review, this application is Accepted.

Check your direct messages. Best of luck.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present