Personal InformationByond ID?
    Reisyn

Marine Name
    Lana Deach

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Juno

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Juno takes up the qualities of a caretaker looking out for people and wishing for them to be successful, through vocal guidance and more physical needs like medical care.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    In truth, I want to see how much further being a synthetic can take my medical expertise. The side benefit is being able to be an all-rounder support role, I like the idea of being a jack of all trades. I also like the idea of being able to play a more roleplay focused role and having the opportunity to include xenomorphs, predators as well as humans.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Form's telling me to include 100 characters in this section order to post the link.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    I know the basics and have a general understanding of how things work like fixing destroyed APCs, building fortifications, etc.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Whilst I have a general understanding of how Command works, I don’t particularly enjoy doing it.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Extremely familiar, most of my hours are put into medical roles. I feel I have a pretty firm grasp when it comes to anything medical and I know enough about research to understand the gist of it.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Decently, I know how to man it, where to find most stuff, how to send it off via the chutes and know better than to waste the budget.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Juno would be able to perform combat in defence of herself or others, however, she would not actively seek combat. If she has the opportunity and isn’t cornered, she will retreat and recollect herself. She’ll attempt to get help if she needs to access a dangerous area in order to complete a task or rescue someone but she won’t do it alone unless she was absolutely sure she would not come into harm's way to do it.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    How will they react to certain staff members of the Almayer, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation?

Juno will prefer to have one on one conversations with people, learning about them and their story as well as seeing if there is any way she can assist them or guide them in their life. She’s not too great with banter and a lot of jokes will go over her head, but when it comes to life advice, she’s got you covered. She takes on a soothing voice and will attempt to provide comfort to people if she sees someone in distress.

This was a question I must've had from an old application form but didn't want to trash it so I'll just add it here.

Also, hello friends. o/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lana's a cool lass, and I can definitely attest to them being an enjoyable and reliable player, specifically in Medical.

I do have irks with this, however. Can you maybe elaborate on your experiences in Command and Engineering? Knowing 'the basics' in Engineering specifically is maybe lackluster, since Engineering is, next to Medical, one of the two things you'll be doing basically every round. People expect a synth to know how to do any kind of construction or deconstruction.

As for the quirk, it's a rather mundane, generic one. The ol' caretaker synth. It works, of course, but it's not terribly new and refreshing, not that I'll hold that against you. How would your synth actually utilize this quirk, though? You say vocal guidance and treating them medically, for example. The latter is something EVERY synth does, so it's not particularly quirky, while the former leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Can you maybe offer some bit of insight on how your quirk makes Juno unique from other synthetics?
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    Lana's a cool lass, and I can definitely attest to them being an enjoyable and reliable player, specifically in Medical.

I do have irks with this, however. Can you maybe elaborate on your experiences in Command and Engineering? Knowing 'the basics' in Engineering specifically is maybe lackluster, since Engineering is, next to Medical, one of the two things you'll be doing basically every round. People expect a synth to know how to do any kind of construction or deconstruction.

As for the quirk, it's a rather mundane, generic one. The ol' caretaker synth. It works, of course, but it's not terribly new and refreshing, not that I'll hold that against you. How would your synth actually utilize this quirk, though? You say vocal guidance and treating them medically, for example. The latter is something EVERY synth does, so it's not particularly quirky, while the former leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Can you maybe offer some bit of insight on how your quirk makes Juno unique from other synthetics?
    Command work is my weakest point for sure, I basically know where to find things in CIC, how overwatch works, tech, etc. However, I don't particularly find it enjoyable to do as a player so my time spent there is little to none. My understanding is that knowing about how Command works is good but won't be put into practice as much as a synthetic.

As for Engineering, I've been investing more time into this to get a better understand of it but as far as I can tell, its all straight-forward. There's not a lot that will take you out of the routine of getting materials, building a FOB, maintain said FOB, restoring power, fixing APCs, building walls and windows to repair damage done by marines to a lesser extent. Although Engineering side of things plays an important role in day to day life, its definitely not as in-depth or complex as medical is, in my opinion.

When it comes to Juno's quirk, I wanted something that was easy to relay across to people and didn't get in the way much when it came to performing duties. She wants to form a sort of comradery with the people she works alongside with and learn about them, hear their stories but also provide help in the form of advice and nurture them into bettering themselves. Think of it as if its more of a motherly nature, not overbearing at all but there to support the people around her and to cheer them on. She wants the best for everyone, in short.

Thank you for replying and giving feedback. I hope I was able to explain things a little better.
    Last edited by Reisyn; 06-28-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reisyn View Post
    Command work is my weakest point for sure, I basically know where to find things in CIC, how overwatch works, tech, etc. However, I don't particularly find it enjoyable to do as a player so my time spent there is little to none. My understanding is that knowing about how Command works is good but won't be put into practice as much as a synthetic.
    It's true, Synthetics are rarely if ever called to perform Overwatch. Although this depends somewhat on your timezone and playtimes. If you play during lowpop hours, it's far more feasible that the one single SO, or even the PO now having become the aCO, will ask for some qualified help managing CiC. This would never happen on higher pop, so be aware that while it's unlikely, it IS possible, and you will be expected to know your way around as if you've been an SO main. I suggest digging your grave about 5 SO hours deep while this is up, just to get a refresher course if nothing else. OW is easy, and that's all you'll need.

As for Engineering, I've been investing more time into this to get a better understand of it but as far as I can tell, its all straight-forward. There's not a lot that will take you out of the routine of getting materials, building a FOB, maintain said FOB, restoring power, fixing APCs, building walls and windows to repair damage done by marines to a lesser extent. Although Engineering side of things plays an important role in day to day life, its definitely not as in-depth or complex as medical is, in my opinion.
    Straight forward mostly, correct. But still important, as I said. You say you're still investing more time into this, which is very good to hear, so just make sure you learn the building steps like the back of your hand without the need for the wiki. APCs and Walls primarily, since I presume you weren't dropped on the head and know how to click on a stack of metal in your hand and plop down a metal barricade. Engineering is absolutely crucial for this role, and one of the things you'll need 110%.

When it comes to Juno's quirk, I wanted something that was easy to relay across to people and didn't get in the way much when it came to performing duties. She wants to form a sort of comradery with the people she works alongside with and learn about them, hear their stories but also provide help in the form of advice and nurture them into bettering themselves. Think of it as if its more of a motherly nature, not overbearing at all but there to support the people around her and to cheer them on. She wants the best for everyone, in short.
    Fair, easy relaying of the quirk is a good enough motivation for me to ignore the fact that it seems a bit generic. Just make sure that despite your character being programmed originally as a caretaker of sorts, they do not, and CAN NOT, actually feel 'comradery' or compassion or the like. You are free to simulate and pretend as though you can, to perform your role and quirk of cheering marines onward, but your character is unable to actually attach to people since Synthetics do not have emotions and thus lack compassion and whatnot.

Overall I like your replies, and think this is a promising app. You are a great player and I enjoy seeing you around whenever I do spot you, so despite some of the experience in Engineering and Command still needing, I am confident enough to +1 this. Please don't let me down and actually get the experience while the app is up, though ^^
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes totally well deserved +1

Didn't the story, can vouch for the player. There shouldn't be any issues with someone this reliable and likeable getting the whitelist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been seeing Lana play a lot of support roles. Cool synth overall.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

passionate about RP, plays almost nothing but support roles, doesn't explode or have tantrums when unfortunate circumstances happen to them in game, is very self-conscious and tries their best. they specifically came to several synth players/councilors and asked for advice, then grinded out game time to ensure they could achieve the whitelist, demonstrating both an intent to be proficient at the role and a willingness to do whatever it took to be accepted

this person is quite cool. the synth quirk isn't anything special but they'll definitely put in a lot of effort to make RP memorable and engaging with other players, which in my eyes is more important than having a COOL quirk that doesn't ever get utilized because the player simply isn't interested in RP

they're already more than capable at the roles a synth is expected to play and i don't think they need to play anything more to be accepted and do everything that is expected of them

they're a great fit for the synthetic whitelist and i can't wait to have them in rounds. just please don't wear a skirt PLEASE we have too many skirt wearing female synths PLEASE i'm BEGGING
    Last edited by Kineem; 06-29-2021 at 12:36 AM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to echo what Kineem said, +1, it's always refreshing to see a player put in care and effort into a whitelist app and it shows.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lana taught me alot of medical tricks when I was new and I haven't seen them lose their temper once, super chill and helpful player.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of community support and great app all around +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications