Byond ID?
    FalseEnigma

CM Character?
    Hugh 'Hugo' Howards

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    West coast

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    easily 10-20

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I've helped moderate discord servers, Rust servers, and I've fooled around with moderator tools in test servers.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    not regularly enough to mention.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    none

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    haha
    yes.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    yes, random wanton violence complaints, or a disagreement about what level of violence it takes for dealing with theft from mimes and clowns.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes!

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    depending on if the MPs handle it properly, nothing. If necessary, aheal the hurt player. Check for notes to be sure this isn't a pattern with the player just to be safe though. If it is a pattern or flat out grief, give them a two week or permanent ban.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    attempt to punish them IC, possibly by directing other predators to kill another disgraced predator. If something like that is possible, auxiliary means of punishment will be handed out.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    bwoink them and see if they need help. Everyone was a new player once and the first interaction a new player has with staff is going to set the stage for how they view the server from then on.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    as a moderator, I wouldn't feel comfortable banning someone for being 'rude' to me, as intent is hard to parse over text. However, I'd have no problem dealing with the situation and informing them to make a staff report, and asking other staff if my actions were correct.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I bwoink them and tell them certain names aren't okay, like real word people, meme references, or pop culture phenomena. I would then change their name to Dijohn Doseph

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would bwoink them and ask if they had a reason to be carrying their gear. If they didn't have a valid reason, like permission to deploy, I would explain to them the rules as far as security levels and appropriate behavior are concerned. I would ask them to remove the armor, and give them 2 to 3 minutes to do so. If they have not removed the armor by that point, I am bwoinking them that the time is up and I will be asking the administrative staff to attack the MT with snakes.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I am aware that this exact topic is currently up for debate. AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, I suppose I'd have to bwoink them and let them know that they can't approach the marines for help and the marines will be alerted to their hostile intent. if this is not the case, or a decision has been reached, let me know.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    bwoink the MP. ask them to explain themselves. Explain that marine law dictates punishments must match the crime, and that locking a marine up for a minor offense isn't always the best option, and that next time they should consider giving the marine a non fatal, minor beating instead. I'd also let them know that excessive punishments are room for a job ban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I'd use subtle message and Queen mother to let the remaining players know that they feel a looming imminent threat that will strike areas where players are bunkering up for too long. Even if I'm bluffing, they don't know that, and it lets them know that they need to do something immediately or the staff will be forced to end the round.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would confront the other medic. if they're silent and continue killing my patients, I'd shoot them, and ahelp to let the staff know what was going on. Worse case scenario, I was wrong and the medic was too new, and staff will explain to them how to do their job better once that is known. Best case scenario, staff can ban a griefer.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    autoresponse that with a "being handled" and let the round end.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    sublte message MPs if possible. If not, I'd tell the victim to kick their ass while I watch.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    tell them that's not proper escalation. Get the whole story for notes, and if that is the full situation, give them an hour to day ban and let them know how escalation rules work.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    bwoink whoever in the mutiny is highest ranked. Tell them the proper procedure of a mutiny, including needing an officer to take over, and let them know that an improper mutiny will be met with a response from High command.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If it's strictly small IC chit chat, let it slide and let the player know that marines are allowed to commit locker talk, so to put it. I'd let them know that if it continues and it is directed at them specifically to let staff know so we can nip an actual problem directly in the bud.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    find the byond ID of the marine and attempt to ban it for grief.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    bwoink them. ask them why in the world they did that, and if they don't have an explanation other than "I am horrifically new and have never played xeno before" (I did exactly this the first time I played xeno, and got bwoinked for it. To be fair, I did make it onto the dropship and hide.) I'd let them know that its against the rules and ruins the round for all players. I'd give them a day ban and make a note about it.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd bwoink them and tell them to cut that shit out. Xenos might not have a high RP standard but obvious OOC behavior is against the rules and will earn you a xeno job ban, buddy.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    auto response with "being handled". if it continues excessively, I'd subtle message the xeno calling it the dropship and let him know that the other xenos know it as The Great Metal Skybird.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I've been informed that currently, as this is an evolving rule, marines know about xenos, but do not know they are on the planet. I'd bwoink the command staff player and let them know that the current decision is that the marines do not know that xenos are on the planet, and let them know not to make a habit out of it.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This depends on escalation. Did he and the other marine RP before hand about their being one pod? did they both fight? did the other marine eject him from the pod first, hop in, and then get ejected before being killed? This is a matter of context.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    now while I may be both of those things, its very rude of the player to point that out. As I stated before, for some reason it feels weird banning people for being mean to ME, so I'd direct it to another staff member. But, if at all possible, if they are dead I'd ask for them to be teleported to the admin arena, so I could teach them a lesson.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    there is one of those auto responses that is basically "I know sometimes stuff happens out of your control, but that's the game". I'd send them that one

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    my natural inclantion would be to let the other staff member know, and then ask them to tell the player the proper information, or the correct enforcement of the rule.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    as another moderator, I guess I'd be entitled to weigh in on the decision. If its a very bad faith decision, I'd escalate it to someone higher or ask for more staff to weigh in so that the rule can be more defined for future reference.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've been playing CM for 5 or 6 years at this point. I help the dev team find bugs. I show the staff cool stuff. I play regularly, and I'd just like to give back a little after all this time. Plus I get the satisfaction of bwoinking people.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I'd say love for the community and the server. I honestly don't see a reason to be a moderator without some sort of drive to better the community I spend my time in. Its a great incentive to make an effort to create a better game environment.

Anything else you
    just a side note, I've been job banned from CE since march of 2017 for constructing a home made thermonuclear bomb and superheating LV-624 into the millions. If at all possible, could my job ban be rescinded on the grounds of how long its been in effect? I promise not to construct WMDs. I feel like I've grown as a player.
    Last edited by FalseEnigma; 06-28-2021 at 10:35 AM. Reason: grammar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FalseEnigma View Post

depending on if the MPs handle it properly, nothing. If necessary, aheal the hurt player. Check for notes to be sure this isn't a pattern with the player just to be safe though. If it is a pattern or flat out grief, give them a two week or permanent ban.

Theres note escalations if someone needs to be banned permanently. Usually its 3 hours - 1 day - 3 day - 1 week in my experience as a moderator and it depends on the severity of what they did. Fine answer otherwise.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    attempt to punish them IC, possibly by directing other predators to kill another disgraced predator. If something like that is possible, auxiliary means of punishment will be handed out.

Moderators cant handle whitelist stuff. You may only get logs for it and you should report it to whatever whitelist council they have.

bwoink them and see if they need help. Everyone was a new player once and the first interaction a new player has with staff is going to set the stage for how they view the server from then on.

Good answer. I dont know if this is allowed but you could probably PM the SEA if theres one online to help out the new player.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.

as a moderator, I wouldn't feel comfortable banning someone for being 'rude' to me, as intent is hard to parse over text. However, I'd have no problem dealing with the situation and informing them to make a staff report, and asking other staff if my actions were correct.

Correct answer. Tell them to make a staff report if they have any problems. if in doubt then ask other staff members if you think you fucked up. Preferably someone with a higher rank than you. The mod manager will investigate the situation if the player made a staff report and see if you actually did something wrong.
    If they're still being rude to you then you could probably give them a timeout.

I bwoink them and tell them certain names aren't okay, like real word people, meme references, or pop culture phenomena. I would then change their name to Dijohn Doseph

Kinda memeish answer in your part but you need to ask them what name they want. And do tell them to change it in another round. put a note.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.

I would bwoink them and ask if they had a reason to be carrying their gear. If they didn't have a valid reason, like permission to deploy, I would explain to them the rules as far as security levels and appropriate behavior are concerned. I would ask them to remove the armor, and give them 2 to 3 minutes to do so. If they have not removed the armor by that point, I am bwoinking them that the time is up and I will be asking the administrative staff to attack the MT with snakes.

Realtalk here. No one really bwoinks people for wearing armor or having a rifle early round unless they are an MP who has primaries because they are expected to be HRP. We are an MRP server and MTs, CTs, Doctors except department heads are fine to deploy as long as they are doing their jobs and not frontlining. Them deploying without permission is IC issue and MPs will handle them. Also if they start shooting marines with the rifle or any gun they have then that becomes OOC issue. Thats where you handle it

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I am aware that this exact topic is currently up for debate. AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, I suppose I'd have to bwoink them and let them know that they can't approach the marines for help and the marines will be alerted to their hostile intent. if this is not the case, or a decision has been reached, let me know.

Survivors cant be hostile to marines as per an old ruling like 1-2 years ago. They can call marines to help them since they are survivors of the colony and thats why a distress signal was sent.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    bwoink the MP. ask them to explain themselves. Explain that marine law dictates punishments must match the crime, and that locking a marine up for a minor offense isn't always the best option, and that next time they should consider giving the marine a non fatal, minor beating instead. I'd also let them know that excessive punishments are room for a job ban.

Check marine law if it falls down into permanent confinement. Do not always assume that the marine is talking the truth. The MP might have been harmed while the person was trespassing into requisitions or such.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

I'd use subtle message and Queen mother to let the remaining players know that they feel a looming imminent threat that will strike areas where players are bunkering up for too long. Even if I'm bluffing, they don't know that, and it lets them know that they need to do something immediately or the staff will be forced to end the round.

You cant give IC information to marines or players period. Unless you are an admin then this falls as an event. Giving QM message to start attacking the marines is fine enough and also we have an automated QM message for delaying xenos. So this rarely happens.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would confront the other medic. if they're silent and continue killing my patients, I'd shoot them, and ahelp to let the staff know what was going on. Worse case scenario, I was wrong and the medic was too new, and staff will explain to them how to do their job better once that is known. Best case scenario, staff can ban a griefer.

As a staff member do not escalate the situation. Ahelp ASAP. Shooting them will cause more logs and make investigations harder. If there are no staff online except you (which very rarely happens) you can probably handle this through OOC means. (another staff should always handle your ahelps unless theres actually no staff online other than you. And you should inform the higher ranks that you handled your own ahelp because there was no one online)

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Autoresponse with IC issue. They are both hostile to each other. There is no need for staff intervention.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    sublte message MPs if possible. If not, I'd tell the victim to kick their ass while I watch.

Might fall into an event but i dont know if moderators are allowed to do it now. But its much better being handled ICly than OOCly. A really good answer. If they stole something important like CO tablet, Specialist kit or anything limited or very expensive then that falls into OOC issue.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    tell them that's not proper escalation. Get the whole story for notes, and if that is the full situation, give them an hour to day ban and let them know how escalation rules work.

Always check for notes before banning them. If theres none then put a note otherwise ban them if they have an existing note. Remember that we have ban escalations

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    bwoink whoever in the mutiny is highest ranked. Tell them the proper procedure of a mutiny, including needing an officer to take over, and let them know that an improper mutiny will be met with a response from High command.

Use MOOC to stop the mutiny or tell them to ahelp the mutiny first. Asleep players if they dont stop. Investigate the situation and check whoever started the mess. Also its not by "rank". everyone can be a mutiny leader

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    If it's strictly small IC chit chat, let it slide and let the player know that marines are allowed to commit locker talk, so to put it. I'd let them know that if it continues and it is directed at them specifically to let staff know so we can nip an actual problem directly in the bud.

Good answer. Marines are fine with slight racism as long as they're just fucking around. As long as its not directed to someone its fine.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.

Good answer. Put a note too. Also aheal everyone who was affected.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    bwoink them. ask them why in the world they did that, and if they don't have an explanation other than "I am horrifically new and have never played xeno before" (I did exactly this the first time I played xeno, and got bwoinked for it. To be fair, I did make it onto the dropship and hide.) I'd let them know that its against the rules and ruins the round for all players. I'd give them a day ban and make a note about it.

This falls into "marines are mentally sound roleplay guidelines" no marine would want to get infected unless for certain roleplay reasons such as research,CL, etc. If they are a new player give them a note and refer them to the roleplay guidelines. If this is an old player then they know what they are doing. Give them a note and a ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd bwoink them and tell them to cut that shit out. Xenos might not have a high RP standard but obvious OOC behavior is against the rules and will earn you a xeno job ban, buddy.

Ban escalation again. Note them for LRP first. If there is an existing (xeno) LRP then job ban them and give them a timed ban. Only job ban if its their second strike unless they still keep doing it in the round.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    auto response with "being handled". if it continues excessively, I'd subtle message the xeno calling it the dropship and let him know that the other xenos know it as The Great Metal Skybird.

IC issue. A xeno can call it dropship like how they can call shotguns shotguns, RPG as RPG and such. As written in the rules page.
    Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable. Wrong answer.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I've been informed that currently, as this is an evolving rule, marines know about xenos, but do not know they are on the planet. I'd bwoink the command staff player and let them know that the current decision is that the marines do not know that xenos are on the planet, and let them know not to make a habit out of it.

Good answer

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This depends on escalation. Did he and the other marine RP before hand about their being one pod? did they both fight? did the other marine eject him from the pod first, hop in, and then get ejected before being killed? This is a matter of context.

Its a matter of context. But you can break escalation if its a do or die situation especially in taking evac pods.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    now while I may be both of those things, its very rude of the player to point that out. As I stated before, for some reason it feels weird banning people for being mean to ME, so I'd direct it to another staff member. But, if at all possible, if they are dead I'd ask for them to be teleported to the admin arena, so I could teach them a lesson.

Another memeish answer but do not escalate the situation. You could ask another staff member to handle the situation probably telling them to make a staff report. If they dont break it off then they might give them a timeout.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    there is one of those auto responses that is basically "I know sometimes stuff happens out of your control, but that's the game". I'd send them that one

Shit happens and people SSD most of the time and get captured or killed. Its fairgame. IC issue. Fine answer

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    my natural inclantion would be to let the other staff member know, and then ask them to tell the player the proper information, or the correct enforcement of the rule.

Correct answer. But if the other staff member disagrees then you can consult your manager for clarification.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    as another moderator, I guess I'd be entitled to weigh in on the decision. If its a very bad faith decision, I'd escalate it to someone higher or ask for more staff to weigh in so that the rule can be more defined for future reference.

Tell them to consult the mod manager and to stop arguing as it wont help at all.
    Sorry but clearly you haven't read any of the mod applications nor some rulings or how things work in the game. Especially with how MTs having armor is IC issue, xeno language, CLF and marines being hostile, and not knowing that whitelist issues can be only handled by WL councils.
    A normal non staff player knows xenos using "dropship" or CLF shooting marines round end is IC issue.
    I fail to believe that you've been playing CM for 5-6 years since you would already know that if you were.

This is a -1 for me.
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 06-28-2021 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Why not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My inclination is that IC issues should be handled IC, but if the IC issue arises from the player not knowing the rules, I feel like it'd be better to let them know. Most of my answers are dictated by MY OWN experiences with the mod staff. For example, I was bwoinked as MT and told not to wear armor just because its grounds for the MPs messing with me. I didn't know at the time and I appreciated the heads up.

As for the other IC issues, I don't actually know what your autoresponses are, so I have to guess their phrasing in real time. sometimes a quick "being handled" lets people know the staff is aware and will intervene if necessary. But I am aware that xeno language, as long they aren't spamming OOC comments, is an IC issue, as well as letting MPs harrass MTs for wearing armor and having guns on Green. Sometimes a little guiding wording helps though.

As for some of the staff rules I misanswered to, well, I'm not exactly privy to the ins and outs of the exact staff rules. However, I have no problem changing my behavior to fall into those rules, like the medic issue. For clarity, I'm also not fully aware of what powers moderators have, as far as ahealing and things like that are concerned.
    I do know that letting any situation that can be handled ICly, by the rules, should be handled IC though.

"if you're doing things right they won't know you're doing things at all."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also asked about the survivor thing prior to my application and was given several non answers and ehhhs, so to be honest I'll be deferring to the answer you gave me from this point on, until I hear about a new change in the RP rules.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    Sorry but clearly you haven't read any of the mod applications nor some rulings or how things work in the game. Especially with how MTs having armor is IC issue, xeno language, CLF and marines being hostile, and not knowing that whitelist issues can be only handled by WL councils.
    A normal non staff player knows xenos using "dropship" or CLF shooting marines round end is IC issue.
    I fail to believe that you've been playing CM for 5-6 years since you would already know that if you were.

This is a -1 for me.
    I agree, you need to have at least a somewhat vague understanding of most rule paragraphs to be able to make the pass, and/or also come on it's open book (just as it is with moderating) put in the effort with the questions and read the related rules, we don't have some 'special' rules locked away the rules as is are the rules you should be inferring. I would be happy if you're able to apply, you have the right heart and clearly do care. But this application as is just seems rushed & incorrect. Re-read the rules, re-apply, and I do hope your good intentions can be backed up by good moderating in the future, you should always be noting people for infractions as well as they are single-handedly not bad in the slightest and help future mods get an idea. Want to solve it IC? great. But that shouldn't be your default your default should be "give him a note"

best of luck with your re-application in the future, I do hope you try again. -1
    Last edited by Warfan1815; 07-02-2021 at 07:00 PM.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the app presented, enough of the answers are off the mark that its a pretty easy -1, for the app.

You raised the point "As for some of the staff rules I misanswered to, well, I'm not exactly privy to the ins and outs of the exact staff rules" which for the purpose of a mod app is actually false. Past apps are open to everyone and you are expected at minimum to go though (some) of those. I do think that after you do that, you can make a much better app. If after you read though some of the apps you still think you need a breakdown of your answers let me know, but honestly, I think most should be rather obvious. I do hope you reapply.
    Last edited by ito726; 07-02-2021 at 08:20 PM. Reason: clarified the -1 is for the app
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to write a longer point by point response, but that was already more or less covered, so instead I'll focus on what was the biggest put off for me.

In numerous questions that you answered, you suggested that you would mark and answer and respond that the ahelp is "being handled", then not actually handle it.

This, imo, is unacceptable. If you do not think something is actionable, tell the player in question, instead of blowing off.

You also had at least one question where you literally mentioned breaking the server rules (attacking a baldo/possibly grifing medic with lethals outright) or letting others break them, which runs contrary to being moderator.

And finally, on the survivor thing, there is no vague "ruling" made 1-2 years ago for this question. Survivors cannot be hostile per the current version of the Rules and Rule 3, literally quoting from https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Rules#Rule_...y_Expectations :

Survivors have more leeway than marines with their mental stability due to the trauma they may have experienced during the xenomorph attack. They may be suffering PTSD, paranoia or similar conditions for roleplaying purposes. Survivors may NOT be hostile unless they have been spawned as hostile survivors (CLF).
    As such, this app is a -1 from me.

EDIT: Removed an unclear phrase, my bad.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 07-03-2021 at 12:35 AM.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Kinda IE note.

Staff cant do shit about WLs unless theyre a manager. IC issue.

yes talk to us mentors. we gain power from helping new players.

0.2 rule though.

I think you should have them request a name change, not forcing them to have a name, a name which i assume is also a reference to something.

IC issue. Its just SOP ML infraction.

Survs cant be hostile, i see no reason why they cant approach marines for help... The marines are answering a distress call from the colony and the survivors after all. Investigate for IE.

What is the ahelper is lying?

I feel like saying along the lines of a nuke or some ERT thats gonna help isnt a good call and is a staff report waiting.

Confronting someone who might literally just be a new player making a mistake by killing them is kinda not poggers. Just ahelp and they will figure it out and you can give input that may be needed.

Works fine. But i think you should explain to the ahelper why it isnt EORG. Otherwise they are just left confused and probably frustrated.

round start shenanigans are not cool. Note em for one of those innit.

I think this one is actually okay? Bans kinda depend on their notes doe.

You can also just asleep, i've been aslept befoer when doing inproper mutinies, trust me it works. Shouldnt be really highest ranked. But more like the ringleaders in my opinion, but that may be the same thing! Also mutineers dont pick what officer takes over. Its simply the next in command.

I love starting my day with a little racism. As long as theres no actual slurs or inhuman calling its ok.

yus. investigate tho. maybe it's their 8th time doing this somehow? maybe file a perma at that point.

Giving a day ban for a complete mistake is a bit much.

yes.

It doesnt matter if they call it xeno slang or just english. Xeno chat is meant to be translated xeno speak for us players to read. Bring that up with the ahelper.

Yes. But what if a survivor faxed them and said theres xenomorfs and theyre eating them send help immediately!!!! Investigate a tad.

killing a marine on the evac pod is really only valid if its a kill cause there is zero space in any other pods. Are there full ones nearby? Empty? Is half the hive surrounding them, and the only way for the killer to escape the hive busting down the door is to sacrifice a man? investigate more.

Based. 0.2 though. I dont think theres a need for you to tell another person to deal with something like a 0.2 against yourself. If you wanna be that kind you could remind them that a staff report is optional. Also i dont think mods can even spawn stuff into arena.

yes.

Stepping on someone's ahelp is probably not a good idea, you'll be confusing the player. I think you should talk about it in the staff chat in game yes, and maybe even remind the player that the staff report is a feature if it really doesnt sit right with you. Having a staff member say youre not gonna get banned, then the next one saying you will get banned... kinda not epic from the player point of view.

Talking to someone up the totem pole is good. yes.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've been playing CM for 5 or 6 years at this point. I help the dev team find bugs. I show the staff cool stuff. I play regularly, and I'd just like to give back a little after all this time. Plus I get the satisfaction of bwoinking people.

ngl if you wanna join a staff team so you can have fun bwoinking people unironically kinda not epic. but the heart is there.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I'd say love for the community and the server. I honestly don't see a reason to be a moderator without some sort of drive to better the community I spend my time in. Its a great incentive to make an effort to create a better game environment.

yes.

Anything else you
    just a side note, I've been job banned from CE since march of 2017 for constructing a home made thermonuclear bomb and superheating LV-624 into the millions. If at all possible, could my job ban be rescinded on the grounds of how long its been in effect? I promise not to construct WMDs. I feel like I've grown as a player.
    [/QUOTE]

I think your general very long time playtime on CM has warped your understanding of the rules a little. And in general you're not that forthcoming or in-depth about how you would actually settle certain things. The rules arent what they were in 2016 thats for sure. I think you want to help the community but the knowledge is lacking.

Also I sense some MT gang would totally staff report you after you dont fully investigate a scenario. So yeah -1 from this deltard main

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After review, this application is Denied

You may re-apply after 30 days. Good luck.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present