User Tag List

Thread: Avalanchee - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avalanchee - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Avalanchee
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Lanche
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Avalanche#8795
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    -
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Dynobot
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent discord ban
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent discord ban
    What other servers do you play on?
    Para, FL13
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    yes, for killing xenos on the XRF server.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for: Posting several sexualised images of marines, predators and xenos. You've run out of rope. Goodbye.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    no.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Look, I'll make this as short as possible and I'll skip over lies, promises, apologies and get straight to the point, starting with some context.

CM Discord was having a fun night, people were shitposting the usual way.
    After discussing something regarding CM characters and flavour texts, one of the people in chat said something along the lines of
    ''Do not look up MARINENAME MARINESURNAME on google images'' - clearly baiting some stupid flavour text picture or a cursed image.

Solidfury, a senior moderator, cluelessly searched it up and reposted it [he deemed it OKAY to be posted in the discord himself and I want to point that out - it wasn't some super NSFW commision]
    It was just a super horny drawing of a marine holding a xeno on a leash - it's pretty much a shitpost in the community for a year now, just like that 215 pixel thigh commision.

I copied the image, cropped the xeno face and pinged Yellows (notorious xeno main) with it, saying ''nooo yellows, run away'' or something - just shitposting, really.

Second point of the ban is ''posting a sexualized image of a predator''
    Context being me pinging a friend of mine (Nekosam) who plays a female pred IC and going ''that you IC??'' or something equally as stupid. At first glance, I didn't even notice the tits or whatever was deemed NSFW about it, it's just your average female predator image that you'll find on the wiki where they have fanservice armor to an extent. It is also the 10th[?] result on google and mind you, it was a profile picture of our councillor last year for a pretty long time.

Those two incidents got lost in the logs quickly and were, at least to me, fairly irrelevant but got included in the ban. LRC was locked and I suppose, staff were looking for the original source of discussion and just found those two images there without proper context. Fair.

Now the third thing, the sexualized image of a marine - it was a PO Commision made by an older player (Relend) that is no longer in this community (mind you, this image, or at least the actual SFW variant of it has been circulating in the CM discord since 2018)
    I cropped it and posted half of the image which included the somewhat sexually suggestive hand gesture that got 20 people instantly hooked, thinking it was really funny. Naturally, I proceeded to crop the chest & bra area and post the entire pose - they weren't nude or anything, just rolled down BDUs with a big white rectangle covering their entire chest to avoid posting NSFW stuff.

Now, this ALSO got lost in the chatlog and nobody really cared until 10-20 minutes later, some guy decided to post an actual NSFW picture of a xeno dick like a donkey. For absolutely no reason, when we were talking about completely different things.

Naturally discord mods got involved after everyone, including me, called him out. Staff locked the channel and started logdiving. My ban was applied after they found those 3 imagines mentioned above.

I can provide all 3 images in the exact format they were posted if required by management as none of them are really NSFW, just horny art if that makes sense.

IIRC, correct me if I am wrong - This ban was applied after a moderator checked my discord note history which isnt really stellar on its own and found a 18+ warning applied last month or the one prior to that for posting a screenshot of I think acutecircle's steam profile which had one of those stupid NSFW copypastas in the comments that I skimmed over (yeah my fault and fair, im retarded)

And in my defense, as truthfully as I can put it.

It might not seem like it but those that know me, you know that I really do care about the server, the community and everything related to it.
    In fact, I probably care more about the people in the discord than the game itself. That's how much some of you grew on me over the years and I don't want to lose it all again because I just so happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, doing the trademark thing of toeing the line and making people laugh.

Please take in account that I am not a server enemy number like I used to be, I don't metagame in VC because I don't find being guided to a xeno fun anymore, I am not a part of some stupid witchhunt metaclique or the AHK script kiddie party and my intention is not to grief, harass people or balance on the edge and stroke my ego over the amount of chatbot filtered words I have said in the past and although I had matured, I am still far from the ideal.

When I got unbanned, I was fully aware of my situation but if anything is to break my probation and get me, this time most likely permanently removed from the community - please not this.

- this might have typos, its really late and might even not make sense in some cases. I just want to throw this out before I go to bed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could write a dissertation here, but I'm not going to.

I am ok with certain PIN UP type art as long as it's PG13 and at the most it's things like women in swim suits, or bikini's. The problem is the pictures you posted were borderline 18+ and the one picture almost suggests masturbation. The predator picture from a naked eye suggests a nipple, but zoomed in its not. The problem is we have 18 rules for a reason cause I really don't feel like 16 year old who plays CM mom is bitching at us because we let her son see tiddys and coochies.

Normally 18+ is a permaban offense regardless of escalation, however because you had a warning for 18+ I'm making the solomon decision and downgrading the ban to a 28 day one.

No one is against you since you've returned, but you need to stop doing stupid shit or you will get your community ban reissued. If you just play the game without causing trouble, you wouldn't have these issues.

Make better choices.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids