12 35.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrier Buff Is Needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Carrier Buff Is Needed

Now hear me out, I may be a drooling retard. In fact THE drooling retard who made the meta of drool macros

but I think that carriers either need a strain or to be in their base kit where for a very large amount of plasma they can generate a single hugger. My reasoning for this is that carriers as they are need to run ALLLLLLLLL the way back to the hive if there isn't a competent burrower in order to restock and not be an objectively useless caste. No marine nor xeno caste is made useless in a way like this, and it becomes even worse when the hive gets raided, you literally can't recover as a carrier and may as well just devolve or go die.

I don't think that Shamans need any changes tho, their effects are far too strong to be able to generate eggs in any capacity or be spammable.

TL;DR let me have carrier back, let me be uncucked and generate my own huggie bois and not feel terrible each time I use one and know that imma have to run back to hive to then get RSI clicking on eggs 3 times per huggers (placing, opening, putting on back)

EDIT:

i also miss eggsac and want it back
    Last edited by lmwevil; 06-28-2021 at 11:55 PM. Reason: :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss eggsac too, it was one of my favorite castes. )=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additional idea from jake on discord: Reduce the stun time from throwing huggers massively, since atm it's a garbage noob trap that wastes limited huggers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build egg morpher, fill with dnr

?????????????????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lmao fucking what, fill with DNR? you can't move DNR you doofus, you can only put bursted in there, and marine bursted go in the spawning pool.

It's not a fun game mechanic.

Edit: if the uh egg things could passively generate huggers like one every thirty seconds that might be fine as another alternative?
    Last edited by lmwevil; 07-02-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing know wgat a mea t

Honestly im for reduced hugger throw stun or maybe since xenos are moba now a hugger throw ability that isnt just a shitty frisbee that lands and does nothing for 10 seconds before dying (obvs the ability will need a long cool down)

And i kinda like the idea of "do i pool for 1 larva or feed it to the morpher and try to cap more" but sadly the games cappin system is so borked this is never the case. Dont agree with self generating huggers i just think its lame cant really give much else

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generate one hugger every 2 minutes. Impossible to spam, but if you're smart you always have at least a backup hugger or two, and you can slowly restock. Also, carriers would be better if other xenos had more brain cells. Carriers are always made stronger by the brainpower of their hive.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad idea Fort, by egg things i meant the hugger morphers that ate bodies, there'd be a reason to build more than one if they could passively generate a small amount of huggers, like 1 at the front

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmwevil View Post
    Now hear me out, I may be a drooling retard. In fact THE drooling retard who made the meta of drool macros

but I think that carriers either need a strain or to be in their base kit where for a very large amount of plasma they can generate a single hugger. My reasoning for this is that carriers as they are need to run ALLLLLLLLL the way back to the hive if there isn't a competent burrower in order to restock and not be an objectively useless caste. No marine nor xeno caste is made useless in a way like this, and it becomes even worse when the hive gets raided, you literally can't recover as a carrier and may as well just devolve or go die.

I don't think that Shamans need any changes tho, their effects are far too strong to be able to generate eggs in any capacity or be spammable.

TL;DR let me have carrier back, let me be uncucked and generate my own huggie bois and not feel terrible each time I use one and know that imma have to run back to hive to then get RSI clicking on eggs 3 times per huggers (placing, opening, putting on back)

EDIT:

i also miss eggsac and want it back
    This is something I specifically talked about on discord.

Roles should be stronger when you co-operate with your team, however,

You should not be completely reliant on another single player to even perform your role at its bare minimum (Before anyone says medical! Death! Fractures! that has multiple people so the risk is spread out)

If a Queen decides to spend the round as a combat queen, all other roles can function as more or less normal, however, carriers cannot. This is akin to having a Queen deovi and disabling all abilities of a xenomorph. It's crippling and it's poor game design. I don't think this is intentional something that has merely been overlooked over the years with the changes from strains (which solved this issue).

This could easily be resolved by giving both base carriers the ability to egg-sack, as they did in the past, OR generate eggs at a super slow rate to at least give them some option of viability. (This one would also benefit research as carriers would now have a higher possibility of dying with an egg on them, rather than usually waiting until reaching the hive aka end game to see one)

This issue also extends to CAS (I think they should have options to offer support without relying on JTAC all round, even if it's just a token gesture to keep them occupied like dropping flares on co-ordinates or a new method of extracting bodies for the rounds that nobody lazes or pylons prevent it)

I've been playing Carrier recently to map out its flaws, so if anyone wishes to talk to me about it, you can always ping me on discord.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 07-09-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is now my birthday, i demand carrier buffs AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA