User Tag List

Thread: dehupu - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dehupu - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Spergburgers
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Calvin Lowe
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    XO
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Doctorprobe69
    Total Ban Duration
    Forever
    Remaining Duration
    Forever
    What other servers do you play on?
    Bee
    TGMC
    Rarely others
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for BanLink to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Evidence: none of my own (it happened about 3 weeks ago, I barely even remember it). But you are welcome to provide your own.
    You could pull logs of previous rounds that day where I played Ty Haynes and see me trying to force marines to stay at FOB in different ways.

That happened on lowpop hours. As you probably know lowpop goes like this: marines deploy, A-C-D unga rush, Bravo and engineers stay at FOB, A-C-D blob reaches xenos in less than a minute and then its a coin flip whether its xenos who crumple and then marines wipe hive out in 5 minutes or if its marines who lose 2/3 of their push and flee to unfinished FOB where they evac on 2nd or 3rd dropship cycle.
    So that was me experimenting with making marines persist during lowpop by forcing A-C-D to stay at FOB until the comms are up and at least one layer of barricades is finished.

First XO round of the day I tried the logical thing: just tell marines to stay at FOB until FOB has one line of cades. It didnt work: there were no SLs present and aSLs were largely incompetent, lowpop Delta generally had about a dozen marines in it which was more than the rest of the squads combined and they rushed out of FOB and died within a minute. Queen was rather competent on the other hand and waited somewhere in the middle of the map off ovi, lowpop push was small enough that a single screech stunned every single marine and then the survivors just fled back to find FOB still setting up comms.

I tried other things, cant remember what. Just pull the logs.

Anyway this particular round I got Jbaned for was one of the last ones, on Solaris Ridge, if not THE last one of the day for me. Lowpop hours were coming to an end. Delta got an actual SL 10-15 minutes into round (who complained loudly and started a mutiny later). I even got two SOs.

My thinking was as follows:
    -Delta is more than half of the entire marine force
    -Delta doesn't stay at FOB
    -If I ask nicely Delta will ignore orders again and die like all the previous 40min rounds, only way to make Delta obey is via force
    -Threatening to OB delta wouldnt work (Delta isnt present at FOB anyway), nor is denying insubordinate marines supplies (they would just steal them from subordinate ones), using lethals would be griefing, there are no MPs to enforce orders on lowpop either (actually 1 or 2 woke up later in that round cause lowpop was waning). Only nonlethals would work and be legal but since MPs arent an option it has to be other squads forcing delta into obedience.

Now, at the round start there were no SLs. If you check log timestamps in you can see that it took a while after announced briefing start to gather at least some SLs and for the abbreviated briefing to begin (if I'm not mistaken only Delta SL actually arrived and he woke up very late) which didnt inspire any confidence.

2021/06/04: [10:47:40]SAY: Ty Haynes [Alpha]: Briefing (CKEY: Spergburgers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2021/06/04: [10:48:01]SAY: Ty Haynes [Command]: Briefing in the briefing room (CKEY: Spergburgers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2021/06/04: [10:48:07]SAY: Ty Haynes [Command]: I dont see the SLs (CKEY: Spergburgers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2021/06/04: [10:51:03]ADMIN: Spergburgers/(Ty Haynes) used a megaphone to say: >Ok we've wasted enough time<

If I knew that Delta SL would obey orders and force delta to do so as well I wouldnt bother with nonlethals, but past experience shows that lowpop Delta doesn't obey any orders that arent about ungaing and dying in random corners. The operation proceeded as I imagined the worst case to be: immediately after deployment delta ungaed outside FOB and started dying. I told other marines to force deltas back into FOB with non lethals.

2021/06/04: [10:57:25]ANNOUNCEMENT: Spergburgers/(Ty Haynes) has announced the following: Marines dont go into medbay. Shoot the deltas in medbay with beanbags and drag them back.

I even asked for scout to recover dead Delta spec and medic quietly (i was checking delta vitals) while telling the rest of Delta to fall back and stop trying to recover them (I think SO relays that order here via radio, comms were still not up probably).

2021/06/04: [10:57:41]SAY: Ty Haynes: Tell em to drag delta spec andelta medic to FOB (CKEY: Spergburgers) (JOB: Executive Officer)

Instead these ungrateful bastards started organizing a very obvious mutiny with Charlies which I decided to pretend to not notice.

>They even wasted an OB that was no where near the frontlines,
    I fired on spotters coordinates who claimed it was frontlines at Medbay.

>and told delta to be left behind while other marines evac;
    Ok this is probably talking about this announcement:
    2021/06/04: [11:11:52]ANNOUNCEMENT: Spergburgers/(Ty Haynes) has announced the following: Dont get worried people, this is not an evac, merely rotating a tired personnel up here so that the freshly rested Fobbits could continue fighting down there.)

The context was that SO ten minutes ago made Charlie organize a push to help the illegal push of Delta and they got almost entirely destroyed. SO was pretending to help me while talking with their RTO aSL via radio so that I woudlnt notice he ordered them to unga.

2021/06/04: [10:58:00]SAY: Ty Haynes: What? (CKEY: Spergburgers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2021/06/04: [10:58:02]SAY: Ty Haynes: LT? (CKEY: Spergburgers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2021/06/04: [10:58:10]SAY: Ty Haynes: Those werent my orders (CKEY: Spergburgers) (JOB: Executive Officer)

All four or so Bravos were dead I believe. Alpha mostly wounded. There were one or two medics groundside and Delta was actually the most healthy squad simply because they retreated at that point and werent allowed to engage (thus "freshly rested Fobbits"). Meanwhile the waning lowpop produced a steady stream of awakening marines and about a dozen more were upstairs waiting for Alamo at that point. I wanted wounded - which was basically everyone but Delta - to load up on Alamo and cycle once while Delta would defend LZ until reinforcements arrive.

In the span of four minutes what I wanted to be a rotation of wounded turned into a disaster: xenos broke into LZ when nobody was watching from North, without me announcing anything marines jumped into DS1 (thats ok), they WERE letting Delta in despite what the report claims and then someone launched it like 20 seconds after xenos broke in leaving a dozen marines - mostly but not just Delta - at FOB. I suspect it was the SO who deployed by himself to LZ but not sure, might've been the rebellious one from CIC.

>they actually did so by remote launching the alamo and leaving a dozen marines behind.
    Straight up false. Check the logs.
    I didnt want marines to evac, somebody else launched Alamo leaving a dozen marines behind, you can even see from logs you posted that after I saw how many were left behind I've launched Normandy down to rescue them.

2021/06/04: [11:14:31]ADMIN: Ty Haynes (Spergburgers) launched a shuttle using the 'Normandy' dropship console.
    2021/06/04: [11:14:42]SAY: Ty Haynes: Who had access to DS1? (CKEY: Spergburgers) (JOB: Executive Officer)
    2021/06/04: [11:15:26]ANNOUNCEMENT: Spergburgers/(Ty Haynes) has announced the following: An SO launched Alamo up. Many marines died. Uh-oh. MPs get on that.

> It was so bad that a mutiny was appoved, and after the mutineers won, the XO got revived and continued to fire on the mutineers.

Delta had a lot of misdirected anger at that point so I didnt even resist the mutiny and let myself be shot to death without resisting.
    However my body was stolen from CIC by some doctor, (CMO? cant remember) who was not on the side of mutineers - he stole my body straight from under their nose, outran them when they tried to keep my body in their custody. MPs were still engaging mutineers in CIC and brig when I got defibbed and walked back there. It was my understanding that mutiny was not concluded, so I joined in on the fun.

Thats the general picture as I remember it but please keep in mind that it was a long time ago and I've been XOing for a while and rounds are blurring for me at this point, though thats the only one where I tried keeping delta in line with nonlethals.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not an appeal. This is you trying to come up with excuses for something that was already deemed to be griefing by a member of management.

You have neither attempted to understand the consequences of your actions from another's point of view nor acknowledge what you did was wrong.

Denied
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505