User Tag List

Thread: VC'ing today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VC'ing today.

Heya. I've been playing VC for quite a while and have had quite a few different experiences every round with the APC. No, this is not a complaint, but I'm just here wondering if it's still even worth it playing VC.
    In some situations, APC may become a burden in the battlefield, body blocking marines, running people over by accident and getting them killed while being mostly, if not completely ineffective in combat due to it's limited armaments and range, also from the certain dislike people have for vehicles in CM these days.

I'm just here to ask some stuff other than why is it even worth VCing since the APCs are not only broken, but so is the tank in it's current Tier 3 Tech state. What damages do all the armaments do since the manuals don't show damage or AP? And how do you treat your VCs these days?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3x3....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started playing VC a bit recently. It CAN be fun but it's pretty easy to see why a lot of people give the coders so much shit about not giving them some love. If you don't have a second VC to man the other position or a doc willing to deploy it basically becomes useless. At that point the only thing it's good for is being a ridiculously oversized stationary MG that's a nightmare to get to the front since just about everything stops it dead in its tracks. Also the handrails in the med APC are annoying as fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most fun I've had as Vehicle Crew is oddly on Trijent Dam. (Solaris Ridge is a good follow up). Its the only map where Transport can be viable since there's so much ground to cover, in addition, the big open roads make it easy for the APC to get around and support the front line.

I've learned to pack supplies and a tool box to repair APC's for that map ever since I lost the APC due to being unable to activate a single gate.

on the more general side of things, when you got a partner that is cooperative and can communicate, things do get interesting. I just wish that either the APC could move faster or that the guns/wheels didn't break as easily. Yes there are a lot of things that work against you, but when things go right, by god its satisfying, regardless if I'm the one driving or shooting.

The main tricks that every Vehicle Crew member needs to know is how to navigate the primary routes on each map, and how to use middle mouse or shift click so you can fire both the Boyar and frontal cannon without having to actively switch between them.

My only two real complaints is just how... borderline useless the APC can be on its own, even with the Boyar Dual Cannon, it can't reliably kill or deter anything that can threaten it without infantry support. (though I guess that's kind of the point since its a support vehicle)

Command APC recently got buffed so it might see some use, but Medical APC is the default option for most VC's just because it perfectly fits into the niche the APC currently offers to marines. The only time I usually see people roll transport or Command APC is simply because they could not get a doctor to become part of the crew.

While it ain't perfect, I still enjoy being a VC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm mostly curious why anyone would want to roll the transport APC. When you get right down to out, the APC is ironically terrible when it comes to transportation since it's actually quicker for marines to just walk instead of sitting in the APC while it slowly makes its way through messes of obstacles. With the command and med APC you've got all kinds of nifty shit. With the transport APC you've got... some extra seats that basically nobody will ever use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacough View Post
    I'm mostly curious why anyone would want to roll the transport APC. When you get right down to out, the APC is ironically terrible when it comes to transportation since it's actually quicker for marines to just walk instead of sitting in the APC while it slowly makes its way through messes of obstacles. With the command and med APC you've got all kinds of nifty shit. With the transport APC you've got... some extra seats that basically nobody will ever use.
    The excuse Jeser had for it's raison d'etre was "you can't get jumped by a runner/lurker inside the APC."

Sure, but that's ignoring the fact that you will NEVER see VCs play taxi and how most map layouts don't support it and how it doesn't go into caves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what??? You mean the main design problems that have plagued the APC since its first implementation are still there????

I swear you guys are pretty nutty with ur conspiracy talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    most map layouts don't support it and how it doesn't go into caves.
    That's one of the biggest problems I've noticed. The APC doesn't really have much trouble navigating Solaris Ridge and LV since most of the fights take place in the open but it's got a lot of problems on Shiva, Kutjevo, and Fiona. Really a lot of the problems with maneuverability on Kutjevo and an could be solved if they allowed it to run over a more shit. Some of the shit that stops it in its tracks is just retarded. Fucking thing's an APC. It shouldn't have problems crashing through a bit of dead trees or a small flood light. Not sure what could be done about Fiona though unless the mappers did a huge overhaul. The halls and shit are stupidly tight and it doesn't help that engineers usually make fortifications ridiculously cramped on it.