User Tag List

Thread: Cre8or38 - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cre8or38 - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Cre8or38
    Character Name?
    Carter Reeves
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    G29Host
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent.
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent.
    What other servers do you play on?
    TG Terry.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None.
    Reason for Ban
    Multikey. Here's the message when I try to log it. 'Banned for multikey G29, December 18, appeal on the forums to attempt to lift.'
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    My very first account was Cre8or38.
    The account I used to multikey was Grebbinwerb 15. I think. The 15 might have been a different number but I'm not sure and I didn't write it down anywhere.

--- --- --- --- ---

I started playing here when the server was alpha version, early 2015 I think. Being about four years younger thereabouts, I was a crapass kid and like anyone got a few notes under my belt with time as I learned the ropes and such. The years go on, I catch a few more. No big deal in my eyes as long as I can still enjoy the game. You don�t own a car without a few marks getting on it eventually no matter how careful you are. I think it shows that I am not a toxic player, because my notes are more something that one invariably racks up slowly over the years as you learn the rules and have to work with new things being implemented while rules are laid out to go with them. They're not really super serious offenses if I recall correctly.

As for my more recent history, the 3 hour temp ban for EORG was me mistakenly shooting a few corpses in ETA labs. I mean come on, everyone uses up their spare grenades and bullets at a wall or something at round end. It's fun. I was just the unlucky schmuck to accidentally hit a corpse and call up an admins ire. My bad. Won't happen again.

Anyways. Here's where it all started.

Back in early 2018 I think, I got banned from PO. That didn't really rustle my jimmies too much. I didn't care, I'd done PO before that and it wasn't really that much fun. You'd sit in a little box for a whole round and either die to a courageous runner or get wrecked when the aliens get to the shuttle.

Then, some time passed, I got banned from MP. I think it was something silly like me having to AFK without properly getting to a tube before leaving. I could understand that, I guess, though it seemed a little silly. Everyone has a life and sometimes you literally cannot make it to a tube because something is pretty pressing. What got on my nerves about that was that because I got banned from MP, I got banned from ERT. It seemed pretty unreasonable to me but I just got on with life for a while. It was made worse because since I couldn�t use ERT functions at all, I was automatically disqualified from participation in special events when staff were to spawn in special enemies like in HvH maps. That peeved me and I didn�t agree at all with the policy, but c�est la vie, whatever.

Around this time I noticed synthetic role. I thought to myself, �I would apply, but my record is a little spotty.� I also noticed around this time that a guy called RSHOE was spreading around a CID spoofer. Me being the script kiddie I was, I nab it. I fiddled around with my computer and violla. New account, new IP, ect ect. My brand new account was for all intents and purposes clean as a whistle.

I�min.wav

Fast forward to this December and I�ve successfully applied to synthetic under my new faux account. No one is the wiser. By this time the 5.12 BYOND update has come out and effectively killed RSHOE�s CID spoofing files. Doesn�t matter to me, since I�ve still got my account working just fine.

I try synthetic out for like a day after getting an application in, and I realize something strange.

Synthetic. Sucks. It�s like being a support staff member just like it says on the application, except oh wait - You have to deal with marine shit without the satisfaction of getting to tell them to take a hike if they act like greytiders. Plus there are tons of rules and regulations which me being me, I manage to run afoul of in like my second round of doing synthetic. Something about being too close to combat while performing my duties with the marines. A little while after that, a synthetic teammember sends me multiple messages on discord. I don�t respond. I get a ping in game from a staff membering asking me to check my discord. I tell him that I don�t see anything. The staff member says that's odd and whatever. Turns out I was looking at my original discord account and not my new one.

I start fiddling around on my discord, hopping between my original account and the discord account associated with my faux account. My stupid ass sends the team member a confirmation message using my old account instead of my new account, and ta-da - my cover is entirely fuckin� blown. The synthetic team member I was PM�ing on discord seemed nice enough about it and it was pretty cordial. Cudos to him.

Whoop-dee-doo, I get banned. Not to be deterred, I decide to take it in stride. After all, I got around BYOND's system once, surely I could just as easily monkey around and get past it again?

Nope.

For the few days after my ban was applied, I tried every backhanded trick in the book to try to circumvent whatever black magic BYOND was casting. MAC, IP range, account, email, CID, tried dumping the auth�s, ect - Whatever it was that BYOND did, it did it well. I think it banned based on my hardware hashes which is something that I'm too stupid to have a clue how to change.That or I�m a nub who kept completely messing up the process. Regardless it was beyond [Haha] my computer skill capabilities and general ability to give a shit. Ever since then I�ve been just trying to take a break from it all on TG Terry, which was surprisingly refreshing.

Long story short, I did a bad thing and tried to not have to pay the consequences, and here I am crawling back in defeat. It was a one-time thing that I did with a piece of software that I wouldn't have been able to do it without, which is now entirely useless. Now that I don�t have any forbidden application fruit to reach for I have no motivation to try to circumvent anything in the future. I promise to demonstrate qualities that are more appropriate to the server. If I have to come back on a probationary period with restricted permissions, I can roll with that.

Thanks for your consideration.
    Last edited by Cre8or38; 02-10-2019 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the specific login code.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for Cre8or38:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Notes for Grebbinwern5

Spoiler Spoiler:

Notes for Kleinstein99

Spoiler Spoiler:

No notes for FrankFurter1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I'm concerned you snuck in, fooled us all, and got the whitelist before you were caught.

I considered this the ultimate betrayal.

-1 no matter how much you claim you change, server vouches you get, or anything you say will change my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im with Soldier on this, you knew what you were doing so that speaks words and I dont feel that you can be a benefit to the community at this time so with that being said I will be saying -1 at this time also.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This hurts abit to say coz i remember you and you werent the worst person out there. But this is above and beyond. All i can say is thank you for your honesty and i hope given some time maybe in the future if you appeal again things will go better but this is too fresh for this level of deceit. Not to just staff but the rest of the CM community in general. -1 sorry my dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all a bit fresh, I'd say give it time.
    You've come clean which is an important first step.
    I do honestly believe that in a few months or so, you should appeal again and come back.

Get some game time on other servers and get them to vouch for you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. This is a big no for me. You attempted to circumvent rules and would have continued to do so if you were able. All this could have been avoided had you followed rules and just appealed bans and played the game.

I'm not gonna be for lifting this in the slightest.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've personally given this a lot of thought, and I have to say, I'm very mixed. I deeply appreciate the honesty and effort that has gone into your appeal. You've owned up to your actions, and I feel that is extremely important. Unfortunately, on the other hand, you've very seriously broken the rules, and it did take you getting caught to come clean.

All things considered, I don't think this ban should be lifted just yet, as I think the seriousness of the violations can't be overlooked so quickly. Still, I believe that you're willing to change for the better. While I can't support lifting this right now, I think a vouch from another server, and another month would go a long way.

In short, -1 for now.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The appeal is good, and you've put effort into it but the scale of the rulebreak is simply to great to consider lifting this now. What you did was one of the most convoluted and grand-scale fuck you's to a server I've seen in a while, which was only dealt with months ago. While I appreciate your honesty, the fact that you're here because you could not find yet another way to circumvent the ban does not help your case. the punishment must fit the crime. Therefore, this is being denied, at least for the time being.

Resolved.