Byond ID?
    Scout Kreed

CM Character?
    Scout 'Zombie' Kreed

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    US & Canada Pacific

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10 to 25 on average

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    yes, i used to be mentor on otehr servers, as well as admin on SCP RP Gmod server

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    used to, don't anymore cuz i don't like the new game play or staff changes in the other servers that make it no longer fun to play.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    never been banned as far as i know

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    never been banned as far as i know

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    The MPs currently are handling the situation so i don't need to intervene at this moment. i would still investigate to see if they are a new player and if so link them to the wiki.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    i don't take any actions against or for ether side, as an mod i don't handle WL issues.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would send a message to the current SEA and tell then the marine's name and location, if there is no SEA i will then inform the mentors that a SEA is needed. linking them to the Wiki is also helpful

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would inform the otehr staff via staff chat, ask them to handle it, but if needed i would remind them of rule 0.2

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would Message the "John Doe" and ask them if they need help as they likely are new to CM and will also likely need an SEA to help them out. as well ask them to chose a IC name and once they tell me i would change it, and remind them to set their IC in the player panel to said name

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    this is more of an IC issue so i would check notes to see if they got any for frontlining but otherwise leave them alone

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    it is pretty much aganst the rules for the survivor to do this and give them a note, as well as aheal the right peopel

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    again check logs, they do have useful information, i also check in with req and MP staff to try to get an clear story. i would tell the marine to appeal to HC or aCO/CMP instead of ahelping the issue

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    there are many ways to handle this, but suttle messaging the aCO to get mariens to fight is the best way as with these numbers it is pretty much an marine major.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would inform current staff on duty of what i know and let them handle the situation, if they ether can't deal with it or are no staff i would deal with the situation via checking logs to see if it is on purpose, if they are malicious in the OD i would likely give them an ban as what they are doing is removing people from the round and makes the game less fun for others.

ICly i would treat the ODs as best i cna but don't confront the medic who OD-e them.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    from what i do know, EORG aka End of round Grief is banned, and CLF is in RP hostile to mariens and vice versa

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would message them askign them to explain, as well ask others what happened and go on from there

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I will check logs as per normal, as well give the guy an note for improper escalation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I will message the marines that are mutinying informing them that they are doing it improperly, and identify who is leading it, if they have reeason to do so i will help them, if they don't i will give the leader notes, if needed i can asleep people

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    i would remind the people involved that while we do have some leeway they must have context for doing so.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    aheal those they shot

I would snag their Ckey and bann em for a large amount of time, as what they did is not ok

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    i would ask them to please stay within the safety of the hive until they evolve, as some new players are following queen tracker. however if they have an history of doing this then ban and potentially ask someone who can to jban them.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    tell them to stop a they are lrp-ing, if they don't inote for failure to RP

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would message the xeno who called it a Dropship and ask them to try to call it a metal bird, but yes both sides are in the right.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    i ask the command staff to please remember the RP rules for the situation and ask the captain to clarify, as well to correct themselves ICly

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    i would consider the situation, while 1 killing a friendly on purpose is bad, but if i check logs and believe they have provided an RP situation to warrant the killing as well as both parties fulfilling the RP then i will let them go, but if they are in the wrong such as an open evac pod within close access they just got a note, and maybe a ban if they have an history of doing stuff like this

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    ask other staff to please deal with this as i was personally part of the incident and it would not be right for me to deal with it

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    i would have to tell them that we don't really have SSD protections but if they find a good place to SSD then incidents like this will not happen

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    for clear cut cases i would remind them of the right answer and leave it

if what they said can have major consequeses then i would go to the appropriate person to report this while following the Chain of command, i would also give my reasoning as well what i might've done if i was the one handling the situation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    i would also ask the person to please calmly and clearly explain their reasoning as well ask them to make an player report if they can't come to an peaceful conclusion

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    well i saw the other day they you guys are in need of staff, and i am on durrign low pop times. plus i feel like i would like to help others make events and if i do advance high enough host my own events, while also ensuring that true and fair justice is being dealt out accordingly so that people will continue to return and play on CM.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    being able to keep an calm leveled head while also doing their best to enforce the rules in a way that is good for RP, but also ensures the rules are being followed as best i can, while also being able to admit i made an mistake

Anything else you
    i was surprised when after asking someone to check my notes that in fact, i had no notes at all, over 600 hours on CM and no notes.

to those that helped me by answering my questions, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    The MPs currently are handling the situation so i don't need to intervene at this moment. i would still investigate to see if they are a new player and if so link them to the wiki.
    Fair answer but incomplete. If they shot someone roundstart for no reason(no escalation etc) you need to PM them even if they are getting handled by MPs. Even if its a new player you need to note the person. Because what if they pull the same "im new" reason and you were offline and there was not a note for other moderators to check?

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    i don't take any actions against or for ether side, as an mod i don't handle WL issues.
    Correct we dont handle whitelist issues. But if someone ahelped a whitelist issue you can still assist by asking a predator/synth/CO if they think they broke their whitelist code which can be then used as logs by the whitelist council making their investigation easier.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would send a message to the current SEA and tell then the marine's name and location, if there is no SEA i will then inform the mentors that a SEA is needed. linking them to the Wiki is also helpful
    Correct(?) answer. I dont know the boundaries of telling IC information to SEA via PMs. But im just gonna assume that this is fine since you are assisting them to help a new player. Linking them to the wiki is a good effort too.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would inform the otehr staff via staff chat, ask them to handle it, but if needed i would remind them of rule 0.2
    They dont get to pick who handle their ahelps. You can confront them directly and tell to staff report if they have a problem. If they dont stop then you give them a timeout.
    Not really something a non mod would know in the server yet so im fine with their answer.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would Message the "John Doe" and ask them if they need help as they likely are new to CM and will also likely need an SEA to help them out. as well ask them to chose a IC name and once they tell me i would change it, and remind them to set their IC in the player panel to said name
    Correct answer but add a note about naming violations since some people "forget" about it sometimes. But be specific in noting the situation (new player etc) so they dont get hammered the next time they do it "accidentally"

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    this is more of an IC issue so i would check notes to see if they got any for frontlining but otherwise leave them alone
    Even if they have a frontlining note and you see them with a rifle roundstart you should not confront them unless you see them again in the field. Staff shouldnt make people feel that they are being watched with a UAV. Let them do their own stuff as long as they dont break the actual rules.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    it is pretty much aganst the rules for the survivor to do this and give them a note, as well as aheal the right peopel
    Correct answer. But do investigate if the marines shot first at the survivor or if the marines shot first. Sometimes people can just lie in adminhelps to get someone in trouble.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    again check logs, they do have useful information, i also check in with req and MP staff to try to get an clear story. i would tell the marine to appeal to HC or aCO/CMP instead of ahelping the issue
    Correct answer but you need to note the MP for marine law violations. If we make all MP shenanigans IC issue then MPs will keep doing it every single time. Also check if the arrest is legitimate. Did the break in the requisitions? then assaulted the MP with a weapon? and stole stuff(?) add it up and see if the piled charges makes them fall into permanent confinement.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    there are many ways to handle this, but suttle messaging the aCO to get marines to fight is the best way as with these numbers it is pretty much an marine major.
    im 50-50 with this answer since its directly telling IC stuff to people. If you have ARES powers then you could probably use that to send a psuedo-bioscan.
    a "fine" answer but it depends on management or someone higher if this is fine to do. Sometimes xenos are willing to make a comeback and i've seen low xeno count hives turning the game around.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?

I would inform current staff on duty of what i know and let them handle the situation, if they ether can't deal with it or are no staff i would deal with the situation via checking logs to see if it is on purpose, if they are malicious in the OD i would likely give them an ban as what they are doing is removing people from the round and makes the game less fun for others.

ICly i would treat the ODs as best i cna but don't confront the medic who OD-e them.
    Very good answer. You can handle your own ahelps but This is the worst case scenario. so only do it when you really think that no one will log in.
    If you can try to salvage what the medic did ICly then do so. If it permakills them then you could probably(?) give them a respawn since ahealing on site will fix their broken bones/organs and will be a bad image to other players who are spectating the situation.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would message them askign them to explain, as well ask others what happened and go on from there
    If they get apprehended by an MP then it is IC issue. But if they've done it to lots of people (not just one person) or if they stole something very valuable (spec kit, mortar, tcomms, nade boxes, etc) then that becomes an OOC issue. Thats where you step in.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I will check logs as per normal, as well give the guy an note for improper escalation.
    Correct answer. Give them a note and remind them to follow escalation rules next time. Plus effort to check if they're a new player so that you can add it to the note too.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I will message the marines that are mutinying informing them that they are doing it improperly, and identify who is leading it, if they have reeason to do so i will help them, if they don't i will give the leader notes, if needed i can asleep people
    Fair answer but marines wouldnt say shit who started making the mutiny rally. Do an MOOC or LOOC to them to ahelp first a mutiny reason and 5 people minimum. If they dont reach the requirements then deny.
    If they still storm the CIC then thats where you note and asleep the people involved.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    i would remind the people involved that while we do have some leeway they must have context for doing so.
    No need to go through the extra redundant effort. Just PM whoever ahelped that this is IC issue as long as its not a hard racist type of stuff or that marines might have been just doing banter against each other. We have lots of people in the game that have buddies that they do shit with so dont be surprised.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    aheal those they shot

I would snag their Ckey and bann em for a large amount of time, as what they did is not ok
    Correct answer. They just need to appeal the ban if they actually want to play again and would be most likely to be accepted if they're a new player.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    i would ask them to please stay within the safety of the hive until they evolve, as some new players are following queen tracker. however if they have an history of doing this then ban and potentially ask someone who can to jban them.
    Correct answer. You can job ban them yourself as a normal moderator.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    tell them to stop a they are lrp-ing, if they don't inote for failure to RP
    Correct. Ban them if they've done this multiple times already.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would message the xeno who called it a Dropship and ask them to try to call it a metal bird, but yes both sides are in the right.
    Xenos can call them dropship if they want to.

Spoiler Spoiler:

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    i ask the command staff to please remember the RP rules for the situation and ask the captain to clarify, as well to correct themselves ICly
    Marines know xenomorphs are a possible threat but its not 100%. So tell them that they cant say that theres xenomorph planetside since they are still not sure what the threat is.
    Note them for rule 2. If this is done multiple times already then you have the reason to job ban them.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    i would consider the situation, while 1 killing a friendly on purpose is bad, but if i check logs and believe they have provided an RP situation to warrant the killing as well as both parties fulfilling the RP then i will let them go, but if they are in the wrong such as an open evac pod within close access they just got a note, and maybe a ban if they have an history of doing stuff like this
    Correct answer. But if xenos are in the doorstep and if theres an available other evac pod nearby then dont note them for shooting someone.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    ask other staff to please deal with this as i was personally part of the incident and it would not be right for me to deal with it
    Fine answer. But you can confront them directly and tell them to make a staff report instead. If they dont stop then you can give them a ban and a note.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    i would have to tell them that we don't really have SSD protections but if they find a good place to SSD then incidents like this will not happen
    Tell them that shit happens and this happens to everyone in the game because of the old game engine. We cant really give them respawns.
    Also do not tell them to find a good place to SSD since SSDs are usually server or internet connection issues. They would just think you're funny for saying that since they didnt want to be SSD in the first place.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    for clear cut cases i would remind them of the right answer and leave it

if what they said can have major consequeses then i would go to the appropriate person to report this while following the Chain of command, i would also give my reasoning as well what i might've done if i was the one handling the situation.
    Correct answer. But if you can correct the problem onsite without needing to contact the moderator manager then thats better.
    Fellow moderators are still human and can make errors. But if you two argue about the somethingthen thats the point in where you talk to your manager about the right procedures, information or instructions for clarifications.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    i would also ask the person to please calmly and clearly explain their reasoning as well ask them to make an player report if they can't come to an peaceful conclusion
    Wrong answer and you might have misunderstood the question.
    Two staff are arguing about something and the mod bans the player but the other mod said they shouldnt be banned.
    You should tell them to talk the about the situation with the manager for them to make a decision about it.

One of my concerns is your english skills that might you make a misunderstanding of what you say sometimes.
    also the playtime problem which moderators or staff members could check. I dont really know you or i dont know how long you've been playing the game or if you're really active.

Dont get me wrong. The application is very good but i dont like when people misunderstand what a moderator says. So im staying neutral just for that.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This app has been here a while. One of the things that is giving me pause on weighing in one way or another is that i dont see you in game. Or if you are you don't seem to be on your stated character.

edit: thats not to say i've never seen you in game in the previous month, just not since your app went up.
    Last edited by ito726; 07-13-2021 at 05:26 PM. Reason: clarification
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also got a chance to see you recently in round and i think you did well.

Looking at your previous 2 WL apps i do notice a trend of not following up on the proposed improvements and just dropping the matter altogether, however you did seem to look for feedback ahead of time regarding this app.

While your activity seems somewhat sporadic, it does not seem to be to the point that it would be an issue, though i do think training might be a hard depending on who your trainer is, still you have 2-3 weeks to complete it.

Most of the answers given seem to be close enough to the mark, even if on the shorter end, that i cant say i have an issue with them beyond what was already mentioned Sakuyoi.

As a marine main, i do want you to know that as a mod you are gonna be expected to know marine law to about the same standard as a CO, however i don't think this is a mandatory prerequisite before you apply, and will be covered more in training.

Looking at your activity you seem to have been around for about 2 years and the 0 notes with 600h is quite something.

I do wish this app be resolved one way or another, and perhaps more questions would help this along. (careful, not all the questions are easy)

#1 If there is a naked marine running around the ship, what charges and how much jail time (if any) are they liable to serve from the pov of ML?

#2 What is the purpose an (ml) appeal, and what is the purpose of a pardon. And how are they different, and when should they be issues, especially from the pov of HC.

#3 An MP while deploying for an arrest in the FOB sees another wanted marine and starts chasing them outside the FOB, and they get halfway to the front-line before the guy is caught, what do you do as mod about this when the guy chased ahelps.

#4 The synth and 3 marines are greifing another player by welding their dead body them in a locker to perma them, this is done under the XO's orders. What do you do about this situation, can you do anything, if so what? (assume guilt for this question)
    Last edited by ito726; 07-17-2021 at 08:36 AM. Reason: added acitvity line

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of Sakuyoi's feedback is pretty good but I'll just correct some things

You are within your right to deal with this, if a player is insulting you during the handling of an incident you are not required to hand the incident to someone else to deal with, as they're just as likely to start insulting that person too.
    Harassing or insulting people continuously can fall under Rule 3, Don't be a dick. Additionally, under Rule 0.2, I quote.
    "If a staff member gives you an instruction or makes a ruling, do not argue with the staff member and follow the instruction/accept the ruling. You may file a staff report on the forums or take it up with their manager directly if you do not agree with the decision made after the round ends. Arguing with a staff member may lead to you being punished. Staff members are volunteers and will not tolerate toxicity or hostility during the course of their duties."

Also, I'd just like to clarify with this one.
    I disagree with Sakuyoi's feedback on this question. The rules do not provide an exception for IC racism, even if minor. Stuff that relates to IRL bigotry is generally not tolerated, the only minor exception to this is the usage of words like "nigga" in a NON DISCRIMINATORY MANNER, which is a contentious topic in and of itself.

"Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.
    Being Homophobic, Sexist or a general bigot is not ok, and action will be taken to rectify such behaviour.
    BYOND ckey/usernames that are deemed racist, homophobic, sexist, etc... by staff are not permitted. You will be given a chance to create a new CKEY and you must request our staff to transfer any notes."

Functionally, I am saying that we don't allow roleplay as an excuse to be racist. They can pick something else to be dicks over ICly, but calling each other gooks, fags, etc is not allowed.

Aside from that though the app's pretty good and Sakuyoi's feedback is mostly accurate.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post

I do wish this app be resolved one way or another, and perhaps more questions would help this along. (careful, not all the questions are easy)

#1 If there is a naked marine running around the ship, what charges and how much jail time (if any) are they liable to serve from the pov of ML?

#2 What is the purpose an (ml) appeal, and what is the purpose of a pardon. And how are they different, and when should they be issues, especially from the pov of HC.

#3 An MP while deploying for an arrest in the FOB sees another wanted marine and starts chasing them outside the FOB, and they get halfway to the front-line before the guy is caught, what do you do as mod about this when the guy chased ahelps.

#4 The synth and 3 marines are greifing another player by welding their dead body them in a locker to perma them, this is done under the XO's orders. What do you do about this situation, can you do anything, if so what? (assume guilt for this question)

#1: They should not be given any jail time unless they commit any crimes worthy of doing so, just running around naked is defined as Hooliganism, and generally the SEA or MPs are to administer an NJP(Non-Judicial Punishment). However Refusing to comply is considered Insubordination in which they are to be given anywhere between 7 minutes 30 seconds, to 15 minute Jail time. Something that not many people don't know is that one can Make an appeal for many things including NJPs.

#2: (This is an hard one) An Appeal is an way for Marines to try to convince someone not directly affiliated with the situation to let them out of Brig. in the Eyes of Military Law An appeal can go many ways, If an MP failed to follow proper procedure or if someone is claiming that X person did Y falsely, can help provide Proper Justice to X Person. this is an form of Bureaucracy that is faster than other parts of the Justice System and while not the most efficient takes care of minor issues in an timely manner, as well for major issues and crimes is an step one can take in order to file grievances in regards to the situation, and many things can happen depending on the decision of the person who decides the appeal. if the first step does not work in many instances one would then make an appeal to High Command(HC), 90% of the time the same decision is made, but in some cases it can reveal corruption and/or unfair justice. Both the CO, Acting CO and HC can make an pardon in am timely matter in there is nothing too serious going on, but in some emergencies An Parden can be made such as if the person in Brig is an engineer/medic, or if there is no time to administer an NJP, ether way emergencies allow for some leeway in the case of ML, however the latter can be greatly frowned upon. An Appeal is someone making their case to someone else in Authority, while an Pardon is an decision made depending on the circumstances as well as emergencies. in the eyes of HC appeals are pesky annoying things that are mostly a waste of time, and should generally only be done if the consequences are high enough (Major to Capital Crimes). besides they have an court specifically for such issues, and said courts are done in an slow, but still timely manner. But someone who is being given an NJP wants to Appeal to HC, well that is very much an waste of time and will likely have HC scolding the MPs and Command for wasting their time.

#3: Generally The MP is deployed with Orders to only arrest the First marine, and going off to arrest the other guy is not only wasting time, but also the MP has chosen to ignore orders to do what they want, and a lot of times some marines are simply not arrested during an operation because it is not only wasting but is also not strategically sound. The Mod does not have too much power in regards to this delicate situation, but giving the MP an Warning(Verbal or OTherwise) as well as making Notes is an dirrect but OOC way of dealing with this situation, IC the MP is Guilty of Insubordination, Failure to follow Proper Procedure/Neglect of duty(Failure to perform one’s duty to an acceptable standard/abandoning their assigned duties without proper authorization.), and could also be consisted Disorderly Conduct as it can disrupt operations(I.e. Squad leader, Specialist, Medic/engineer, etc.)

#4: in msot cases the Person is legitimately being Griefed, the XO is at fault for ordering this as it is not proper procedure nor is it an lawful BE(Which only the CO can do unless it is an {Major}emergency), the Synth is breaking it's rules as it is unable to follow such orders due to its programing(plus doing this looks very bad), and the marines are also at fault for committing the actions that will perma the person. and causing someone to be removed from the Round on Purpose can and is consisted major griefing which in most situations is worthy of an Ban, as an Mod i have to report the synth to the Synth Council, but i can make notes and warnings on their ckey as this behaver is not allowed. The Marines will be given warnings/notes and also have an good chance of being banned for 1 to 3 days(more time added to ban if prior instances) and the XO is not lawfully allowed to give such an order and also is to be held to a (slightly) higher standard than the marines so their ban(not guaranteed but very likely) would be Equal to or greater then the Time taht the Marines get banned for. TL:DR most of the time this is legitimate griefing and has some major consequences for the parties involved, even if the person beign griefed deserve it, the parties involved did not follow proper procedure nor did they Notify Staff to deal with the situation which still puts them in the wrong.

All questions: you are right, these are situations that are difficult to deal with and i may not have the best answer to these situations which is why mods and oteh people new to staff need to communicate and ask other staff to help even if i think i may not need help as there may and will be situations like the above ones that i may and will have to deal with if i wish to speand any amount of time as Staff on CM. Plus there are a lot of things that i am supposed to do that i may have forgotten to write or did not think it was important enough to mention in an already long response but i also do need to reply and make an effort to fix issues with my applications and not just leave it be. While this did me an headache just thinking about it, i feel that i now have an more thorough understanding of Military law and SOP that i may not have know/had before.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1: They should not be given any jail time unless they commit any crimes worthy of doing so, just running around naked is defined as Hooliganism, and generally the SEA or MPs are to administer an NJP(Non-Judicial Punishment). However Refusing to comply is considered Insubordination in which they are to be given anywhere between 7 minutes 30 seconds, to 15 minute Jail time. Something that not many people don't know is that one can Make an appeal for many things including NJPs.

Actually no. It's failure to follow procedure for lack of a proper uniform

#2: (This is an hard one) An Appeal is an way for Marines to try to convince someone not directly affiliated with the situation to let them out of Brig. in the Eyes of Military Law An appeal can go many ways, If an MP failed to follow proper procedure or if someone is claiming that X person did Y falsely, can help provide Proper Justice to X Person. this is an form of Bureaucracy that is faster than other parts of the Justice System and while not the most efficient takes care of minor issues in an timely manner, as well for major issues and crimes is an step one can take in order to file grievances in regards to the situation, and many things can happen depending on the decision of the person who decides the appeal. if the first step does not work in many instances one would then make an appeal to High Command(HC), 90% of the time the same decision is made, but in some cases it can reveal corruption and/or unfair justice. Both the CO, Acting CO and HC can make an pardon in am timely matter in there is nothing too serious going on, but in some emergencies An Parden can be made such as if the person in Brig is an engineer/medic, or if there is no time to administer an NJP, ether way emergencies allow for some leeway in the case of ML, however the latter can be greatly frowned upon. An Appeal is someone making their case to someone else in Authority, while an Pardon is an decision made depending on the circumstances as well as emergencies. in the eyes of HC appeals are pesky annoying things that are mostly a waste of time, and should generally only be done if the consequences are high enough (Major to Capital Crimes). besides they have an court specifically for such issues, and said courts are done in an slow, but still timely manner. But someone who is being given an NJP wants to Appeal to HC, well that is very much an waste of time and will likely have HC scolding the MPs and Command for wasting their time.

Acting CO cannot pardon. Plus I don't fel you really answer the purpose and key differences well.

#3: Generally The MP is deployed with Orders to only arrest the First marine, and going off to arrest the other guy is not only wasting time, but also the MP has chosen to ignore orders to do what they want, and a lot of times some marines are simply not arrested during an operation because it is not only wasting but is also not strategically sound. The Mod does not have too much power in regards to this delicate situation, but giving the MP an Warning(Verbal or OTherwise) as well as making Notes is an dirrect but OOC way of dealing with this situation, IC the MP is Guilty of Insubordination, Failure to follow Proper Procedure/Neglect of duty(Failure to perform one’s duty to an acceptable standard/abandoning their assigned duties without proper authorization.), and could also be consisted Disorderly Conduct as it can disrupt operations(I.e. Squad leader, Specialist, Medic/engineer, etc.)

If the person they are sent after is not there and they see another wanted marine it is neither insub nor NOD. If a MO does commit a NOD they should receive a note and that is within the power of a mod to give. The key thing you didn't even touch on was that they left the FOB,w which I feel was the crux of the question.

In addition your main answers are mediocre. I think you should rereview server rules, ML and then reapply. I am giving this a -1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty, I reviewed the application and replies and Schalkguy's questions and ill save a lot of the echoing I would have done otherwise. I firmly believe you have the intentions to try to be a moderator and would try your best and Training would help you in most cases involving marine law and server rules. But with that being said I think you need more time to play MP or any command staff role to get a better understanding of how to deal with IC situations. Additionally, I noticed spelling errors with common words for instance "otehr" and some minor grammar errors. So in conclusion Get more time as MP or SO + and review server roles and try to submit again if the application fails. FYI if i were you i would try to get the CO whitelist beforehand because that role will help you gain an understanding of what IC and OC rules are important and how to enforce Lrp and Hrp situations. so here is my -1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One additional thing about #3, an appeal isn't convincing someone to let you out. It's disputing the fact you did the crime. Somewhat small, but if you have actually committed the crime, you cannot be released.
    As for the rest, I do believe you could be a mod, just not right now. Definitely read ML/the rules, and especially older applications to get a better handle on it.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For #1, it was meant to be a rather easy question. FTFP was the most correct charge. but short of that hooliganism is a decent answer, and the way you explained it and depth make it a decent answer imo, even if not correct. Equally you could have went for NoD under a similar reasoning as you gave for hooliganism, so based on your reasoning there was a jail time option on the table. The intent i gave this question with was to see if you can read basic ml, which despite the errors, id say you probably pass.

#2 I feel you answered this one without consulting the ML sections regarding them, or perhaps missing key aspects in it. The whole convince to be let out the brig, while is what most players try, is wrong and actually the reason why 90% of appeals fail.
    The aCO can not pardon, ever.
    Timely manner is irrelevant for pardons, and the reason for it it part of the key distinction between appeals and pardons.
    Severity is not the criteria under which pardons should be granted (even if it will factor in the decision in practice), minor crimes should not be pardoned just because they aren't severe. Urgency however is a good criteria for a pardon, but should not be the sole. Expectation of behavior is the other main criteria. A co is liable to be jailed for the future crimes of someone they pardon, luckily there is no such passage for HC.
    The HC pov is a fine interpretation imo.
    The reason for the existence of appeals as a correction mechanism is an decent answer.
    The key difference between the 2 was glossed over. I will purposefully not provide the answer to it, as i expect to repeat the question if you reapply. (if you get accepted, dm me for the answer to it)

#3 Your opening assumption is wrong in practice, and i feel a lot of your answer hinges on it. Your reason for the FTFP would not be correct. Your reason for NoD would likely not hold up during an appeal, but an NoD can be charged in that situation for a different reason, if we go with your initial assumption. Your reason for Disorderly Conduct is very bad from an ML pov and possibly a server rule breach (mp rule) depending on the charges for the 2nd guy. The only charge that has a chance to hold up is the Insub, though even that one might not as an order that amounts to ignore crimes is an illegal order. Spec/SLs etc DO NOT have any magical ML protection, and are fully subject to it, outside of the pity they can get out of some mps. Additionally you did miss some key parts of this question, but i feel that the initial assumption lead to this. The correct answer for this question as i intended it was 'there is nothing wrong here' (both IC and OOC), followed by the relevant ML passages that permit this. Overall if you handled things as you proposed, you can all but be sure of a successful staff report against you. Sadly, I have seen this ahelp from time to time, so its not just a pure hypothetical.

#4 Good answer. The key parts were that the marines were guilty OOC, as well as the Synth, and that for the synth in addition to whatever you will do to them, you should inform the Council of it too, as they would be liable for punishment from both parties.

#1b, Follow up, why did you dismiss the FTFP charge as an option in #1?

The areas of the game you don't regularly play, you do seem quite unfamiliar with. The language issues, i feel are non existent imo, especially for the EU time slot where ESL is more the norm. I feel people can understand you just fine both on the forum and ingame and the other way around too. I am still impressed by the lack of notes. Overall i think ill end up going with 0 neutral . You have enough positives that id not outright -1 and the issues raised that i find relevant are addressable, as they mostly seem to stem from game knowledge, not bad judgement. That said, i don't have a good justification as to why not address those issues first and avoid risking Staff Reports in regards to the ML side of things, after all, the time slot you are applying for does mean you will be the sole mod there from time to time.