User Tag List

Thread: Lucifers son - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucifers son - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Lucifers Son
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Charlie Strueth Strobe
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Lucius#5456
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    -
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    simminer , with Grim suggesting they applied it
    Total Ban Duration
    24 hours
    Remaining Duration
    like less than 20
    What other servers do you play on?
    played on Hippie station as a mentor/admin, play on TG/VG/Goon etc. Since I've been playing ss13 for over 5 years
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    none in the last year and that's as far as my memory goes for 2dspessman bans
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    no
    Reason for Ban
    Reason: Blew up the body scanner at LZ with custom C4, killing a handful of marines, and destroyed supplies and barricades. When questioned, refused to respond. Banning for Griefing and failure to
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Just got banned for 24hours for not replying to an A-help, when I was dead and ghosted as well as AFK eating my dinner.

I read back through my chat when I got back and noticed them. The reason for the ban as soon above, but by the time it actually detonated the marines had already evacced (memory iffy on that one) Bur I do know no marine was hurt from it. There was ONE OTHER OT misshap though, which is when I tried to throw an m40 OT grenade (7x7 incin) and I didn't notice a spotlight next to me and failed the corner throw, then that detonated and flamed the FOB which probably was the part about killing marines. But it was FF from a shitty grenade (that also killed me) and not the c4 that I had planted that went off after the marines had evacced on the medical scanner
    also just straight up apologies for the missunderstanding of me just not responding, I would've responded but I was dead, ghosted and afk.

It could've been the third OT misshap which is where the mortar exploded after bravo SL loaded an OT mortar shell in it (that also killed me and destroyed 3 other shells I had taken like 20 minutes to make) but that was I think before the xeno siege even started.

'when Xenos were assaulting the LZ, I saw a massive chem fire and shortly got an ahelp saying that someone C4'd the body scanner on site. I looked through the logs and traced it back to you, I questioned you a short while after you died. After a while I was contacting staff cause I wanted to be sure since I couldn't find direct proof. Then grim came on and showed me logs of you planting that exact C4 on the Scanner and instructions to carry out said punishment.'

- That's Sim in the staff channel explaining the process. The 'massive chem fire' they saw was an m40 7x7 blueflame incin grenade. Which I did fumble while fighting at the LZ after I cornerthrew it and it hit a damn landing light. The c4 didn't have large incin capbility (just a 1x1 caused by thermite in the mix) and it detonated when a lurker walked near it. And didn't hit a single marine because I watched it explode.

It was a proximity c4, not a timer like 'Alright I'll take a look
    I think it was a 10 second fuse, but I'll check again on the chance I'm wrong.' SimMiner thought. You should be able to tell that since it was planted a lot longer than 10 seconds, and as a gold-medalled OT I never make timer-igniter custom c4 because they suck.

I went to go eat and was AFK after I died and ghosted (body left at LZ so no chance to be revived) I was asked if I was there (which I wasn't) then banned me anyway. ((AssistantManager PM from Grimreaperx15: Hello, are you there?)). I thought it would've been obvious I wasn't there since I wasn't moving or talking as a ghost but it's an easy mistake to make and I'm sure plenty of people ignore a-helps but I've never been one of them.

TL;DR- Got banned for not responding and detonating a custom c4 at FOB that killed marines, couldn't respond because I was AFK, and the custom c4 exploded without hurting any marines. It was also thought to be a timer, which it wasn't and was a proximity that detonated when a lurker/prae walked near it. At a guess, the massive fire they where talking about was the custom m40 that I fumbled the throw (that also killed me) after it rebounded off a landing light.

It was suggested I file a staff report on the #staffhelp channel and I don't see why I would, it was a trialmod doing their best and grim suggested the ban after the limited evidence which if it's the only evidence you had makes perfect sense. Sure probably shouldn't of banned someone who's AFK but it's CM and they just thought I was ignoring them. Tried to get the 24hr ban, on 4th of July so missing all the events, fixed on the discord help channel but Sim never replied after saying they where checking if the explosive was a Timer/igniter or proximity (it was proximity, which can be proven via looking at when it was planted vs time detonated or the logs of me actually assembling the c4's proximity igniter assemblies then attaching them to the c4). So I was suggested to make a ban appeal for a 24 hour ban. I just want it off my notes, thanks.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reopened since Grim told u to file it, normally bans under 24 hrs are not appealable
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 07-04-2021 at 07:22 PM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lifted as it doesn't seem to be grief but just a bad C4, which happens. You only got banned since you didn't respond and otherwise this would be a note.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.