User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P0tat0 - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings, while i don't like giving -1 to people, im afraid this will be the case in this application for the meanwhile. The main reason behind this is that while i've seen you play XO, yes, you don't often appear as XO despite this while applying which i'd say is a nice thing to promote your reputation both to COs and the Community, along that you seem to sometimes be rather distracted during CIC Jobs, either putting too much focus in a single area and neglecting the others, or giving too little attention to all of them at once, which well isn't really good for when you gotta not only deal with CIC but with the other departments, occasionally ML and other stuff. Keep playing XO, maybe start focusing more during ops and i'll mayhaps change my vote. Until then -1

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to see you play XO a lot, but that was a while ago, now I can't say I've seen you in a hot second. That might be a time zone, but I digress. Penpusher brought up good points, about communication and relaying information. I want to believe you are good, but I can't prove that until I see you in command, so until then I have to -1. I also haven't seen you in any MP roles so I can't gauge your Marine law knowledge, and that is an important aspect of being CO, even just knowing when you can and cannot change procedure, BE people, pardons, and appeal procedures.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you play XO, but it was a long time ago. I can't vouch for your experience in Command and ML so I really do not know how you perform in pressure situations. It might be different timezones, but others have said that they have not seen you around too. I'd recommend you to play Command, MP and SL for a month if you can. If you want, you can DM or ping me and other COs when you'll roll so we can closely see you in the roles. I'll have to -1 for now.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll admit I have slacked on this application, partially because I managed to lock myself out of my own forum account.

You made almost exactly the same mistake I made with my 1st CO app. As some have pointed out, getting some decent XO hours in before you made it would make this process go smoother.

To be fair, I have seem you play XO since and I do think you have the knowledge to run an op.

My main issue is however, I've mostly seen you do operations that ran smoothly (even if they ran smoothly straight to hell), I've never seen you deal with a situation where an op goes south or shipside is somehow a mess. Nor have I ever seem you react to a ML issue or play an MP role. Normally, I could compensate those with ML questions but I just haven't seen you play enough to be confident that a simple-ish ML situational quiz would be enough to settle my own doubts.

Unfortunately that means I'll give you a -1 this time around.

Keep playing XO regularly and maybe play a few MP rounds and next time I really don't think you will have any issue getting the WL.
    Senior Administrator

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur fully with Axyinious' thoughts. I've seen you before in SL and XO roles but not recently, and your performance was not particularly outstanding(but it wasn't horrible either, which is good). The main issue there is just that I haven't seen you playing recently and I have no idea how your RP/commanding goes. What I can recommend is that if you decide to withdraw, you take that month and work on your application. But more importantly, take a significant amount of time in SL/XO and other command/leadership roles to show yourself to the community what you're capable of and what you can do! Take that time to hone your knowledge with ML if needed too. Getting yourself out there by playing SO/XO/SL etc is going to help your application a massive amount. Don't worry if this one doesn't work out, there's always another chance

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve talked it over in the Council, and unfortunately we’ve decided that we have to deny this application for mainly reasons brought up above. Be sure to be more active in command especially while an application is active, please. You’ve stopped playing recently as well and it was very hard for other councilors to see how you were performing and your abilities. As a result neither the Council nor I can reasonably support the app anymore.

Feel free to reapply in 30 days.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump