Personal InformationByond ID?
    Nunk

Marine Name
    Maya Tully

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Sachi

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Weyland-Yutani model “Sachi” is an artificial human developed within the RESS. Designed to be a master of culinary arts, she was released with spectacular success, selling hundreds of models within the first year.

A recent internal USCM audit reported a worrying percentage of personnel subsisting purely upon protein bars. In response, an initiative was created to improve food and nutrition onboard spacefaring vessels. By 2182, the USCM has begun production of UA-localized "Sachi" models under license.

Sachi’s AI modules have been pared down in relation to her civilian counterpart to meet USCM requirements - namely, upgrades to knowledge and service life. In a cruel twist of irony, this version of Sachi also cannot consume food.

Despite this, the USCM are keen on her successful integration. An army marches on its stomach, after all.

Sachi’s personality aspects are:

- Highly knowledgeable about food and cooking
    - Likes to keep people well fed
    - Highly informal in speech
    - Sensitive to hostility, for a Synth
    - Always uses first names when conversing with personnel, unless requested otherwise
    - Inherent dislike of protein bars

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I’ve always enjoyed playing support roles in games, ranging from FPS to RTS. I have a decent grasp on all aspects of medical and engineering, and I think I’ve proven myself to be a competent candidate to the whitelist.

I also believe I could handle the high RP requirements.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Sachi helps a Requisition Officer with his duties.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    I can construct and repair APCs from memory. I know how to open doors without C4, set up good cade placements via recessing cades and allowing for APCs, and know how to hot swap a cadeline when it’s too damaged to repair (or use a nailgun).

I can hack ASRS to roll the weapons gacha, as well as hack autolathes to get 40u capacity industrial blowtorches.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Admittedly my lesser played roles, but I’ve played CMO, SO, and RO for a handful of rounds each.

I know to keep an eye on radio channels with the help of text highlights, I know how to use Overwatch consoles, and I know that you need to be logged into said consoles to launch supply pads and OBs (though I won’t be launching OBs as a Synth).
    Too much information is better than too little; As SO it’s helpful to spread callouts from one comm to another. Overwatch announcements works even on deaf people, so truly crucial information should be relayed there instead of standard radio, like Queen callouts and rallying marines to their SL.

In the field I know to spam orders at appropriate times (Move, Hold, Attack).

How familiar are you with Medical?
    My favourite aspect of CM, and my most played by a large margin. I know all the surgeries by heart, including facial reconstruction and chest implants (which, with the MD, is now considered bug abuse). I also know the ghetto surgery tools, and the risk of amputation with said tools.

I’ve memorized essentially all the chem mixtures, from IA, KD, TB, and Dex+, to the odd Thermite and Poly Acid from MTs and OTs. I’m a big fan of strong ratios such as KD 15 and TB 15, and will always make them unless a medic asks otherwise.

I can comfortably solo Medbay and the chem line, as well as perform Research if ordered to do so.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Pretty familiar.

I know what goes into a FOB crate - metal, plastisteel, MREs, ammo, flashlights and flares, mortar, JTAC kits, extinguishers, and welderpacks. Personally I like to send the good ammo (AP and extendos) to forward cadelines such as LV Hydro or Solaris Bar/Filt, whilst leaving generic brand stuff back at LZ FOB.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    The most two common scenarios I can see Synth combat happening:

- I’m roller bedding a marine from frontline to LZ, and get jumped by an ambush caste who won’t let up. I apply melee to ambush caste until they leave us alone.

- Post-Hijack and I’m one of the few survivors remaining aboard the Almayer. With no realistic way to perform medical treatment on dead marines whilst swarmed by enemies, I can hit enemies with a stick until they go away, or until I have free reign to defib marines.

I cannot chase down Xenos, no matter how badly hurt they are.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Unlike my marine main, Sachi the Synth will not have neon hair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nunk came to me early on after requesting help/feedback on their app, and we discussed a few things that irked me, primarily their old synth quirk which seemed a bit generic. I am glad, then, that this feedback (which was apparently echoed by councillors when asked) has not fallen on deaf ears, and that we now have a pretty cool, unique (and imo workable!) quirk to show for it.

Quirk is cool, and so is the overall idea for your synth. You could probably leave out the fact that they're RESS and just have a UA model because the RESS thing adds little to nothing to the story short of the japanese name. That aside, I have no qualms with the quirk, story, or much else on here. Combat scenarios could have needed an extra scenario maybe, or just some more explanation, but I genuinely think you're a smart enough person to understand when and when not to hit bugs with a stick.

You're a cool person, and really nice to vibe with in-game! You have all the knowledge required, I would think, and you took advice to heart because you're dedicated to getting this WL. I can respect that!

Gladly giving this my +1
    Last edited by LilPenpusher; 07-05-2021 at 09:59 PM. Reason: one minor typo
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nunk is good in the role they play
    you don't really need to play cargo tech role that much it takes 0 skill to push crate and knowing how to open a door without c4 isn't impressive
    who need c4 when you have master key
    also don't worry too much about any command roles you're very unlikely to actually be told to do overwatch stuff(though it does happen even if rarely. knowing how to do it does help)
    you probably should give SO abit of a go as you can do defib
    but also give XO a go if you got time(and wouldn't mind commanding) as you can do chemistry

big +1 from me as I can trust you

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

stellar support player, they don't talk much and I doubt they'll cause any issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great support role player

I will happily vouch for Medical/surgical/requisitions/engineering skills

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve seen them play alot medical/engineering and I can vouch for both of these departments.

They are a calm player and I’ve yet to see them start any drama, I only remember positive interactions from them.

+1

Commanding Officer Council Member Pahndoomack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're cool, put a lot of effort into the application, are competent.

They went and got advice from Synth players and councilors and were open to feedback, they'll do fine.

+1
    Alberto 'Topper' Staffer
    Sam 'Snake' Creed
    Jack Houser
    Synthetic Jacobs

Discord Pahndoomak#7127

Frankly, stuff.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After talking to members of the community who interact with you on a frequent basis, and discussion with other Council, I feel like you do not meet our RP standards nor set a trusting precedent to prove otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post

After talking to members of the community who interact with you on a frequent basis, and discussion with other Council, I feel like you do not meet our RP standards nor set a trusting precedent to prove otherwise.
    I’m sorry to hear that.

I feel that I’ve had plenty of fun and positive IC interactions, and I’ve never been warned or noted for LRP to prove otherwise.
    I’ll roll for more roundstart RP roles in the coming days, such as Mess Sergeant, Corporate Liaison, and Maintenance Technician. Hopefully you can catch me ingame and judge my RP when you see me then.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story itself is great, the idea of a synthetic that is fascinated with food is interesting and hasn't been done yet. You've proven yourself to be competent with the ingame support mechanics, which is probably the hardest part of synth for most people.

Our only concern with your application comes from your OOC personality, which we've found to be either controversial or nonexistent. There's also the issue of this synth being an anime insert (named Sachi, foodie quirk, anime PFP poster), which we like to avoid because it sets a poor precedent of what we want synthetics to be.

What do you think? Do you think that any OOC occurrences wouldn't affect how you play synthetic? Why should we accept you if there's controversy?
    Synthetic Senator