User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nunk - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Story itself is great, the idea of a synthetic that is fascinated with food is interesting and hasn't been done yet. You've proven yourself to be competent with the ingame support mechanics, which is probably the hardest part of synth for most people.

Our only concern with your application comes from your OOC personality, which we've found to be either controversial or nonexistent. There's also the issue of this synth being an anime insert (named Sachi, foodie quirk, anime PFP poster), which we like to avoid because it sets a poor precedent of what we want synthetics to be.

What do you think? Do you think that any OOC occurrences wouldn't affect how you play synthetic? Why should we accept you if there's controversy?
    I understand the concern for Sachi being too close to an anime synth. In-lore the RESS is more than just Japan, after all.
    For the "foodie" quirk, I plan to RP off my own experiences, as well as Youtube channels I regularly watch (Townsends, TheWolfePit, ReportOfTheWeek, SteveMRE). I can't see how the quirk would be relevant to anime to begin with.

To alleviate concerns, I'm fine with changing her name to a more Anglocentric "Erin" or "Ange" (short for Angela) if needed. Both are short enough to type, and unique enough on the server.

I'm not sure how to respond to allegations about my OOC personality. I've never been warned or even verbally warned on the Discord server. I've never gotten into serious arguments with others nor told to cut it out by mods, even the times I've strongly disagreed with MRs. I've played CM on and off for two years and I've never metagrudged anybody.

If you're talking about my online presence outside the SS13 community -- sure, I have controversial opinions about video games. That comes with playing too many hours of FPS at a competitive level, and I say this not to humblebrag but as a statement of fact. In any case, the people I argue with about video games are the same people who later invite me to TS/Mumble/Ventrilo parties to play said video games.

OOC occurrences have never affected how I play games or treat other people. Not in this community, nor in any other one. I've been on the computer long enough to never take things personally.

If you want to play it safe and reject my application solely upon OOC grounds outside of SS13, then that's perfectly understandable.
    But in my entire time here, I don't think you'd find any controversial behavior to begin with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reliable support player. I like Sachi's quirk and your story shows a lot about the duties of a synthetic and about Sachi. I don't know anyone that had problems with your RP ingame.
    +1 from me. I'll be happy to see Sachi filling the synthetic slot in rounds.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff. I like how you've developed your quirk, I think it'll be interesting.
    From what I've heard about your OOC stuff, it doesn't seem to be anything too severe, and you've said that you don't have OOC to IC grudges, so I hope there won't be any issues.
    You've got people to vouch that you know engineering and medical, as well as some people claiming to have good interactions with your character, so I think that there won't be an issue. All I'll say is mind your OOC personality.

+1
    Nick 'Shards' Weller - Delta Marine
    Miles - Synth
    - SYNTH COUNCIL MAFIA GANG -

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a lot of support and if you can use your quirk in game, it can be really interesting. No need to echo what's been said, you know what you're doing. +1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for Nunk's ability to play requisitions, medical/surgical, and command to a very high skill level. They are extremely competent.
    While their character's roleplay can sometimes be seen as silly, it's always in character and within bounds - usually resulting in a rather amusing and entertaining experience.

Nunk can RP a plethora of personalities as their role dictates based off of what I've seen. I have full faith that they'll be able to RP a fantastic synthetic unit should they receive this WL. +1

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of vouches, you've shown a lot of effort into making the app and by answering the subsequent questions well enough.

Skill questions are answered well, there is nothing integral missing in them. Great to see.

Combat scenarios are answered correctly. Do remember you can fireman carry marines to safety if your at risk of losing the roller bed or want to save it for surgery.

Ultimately your quirk is alright and demonstrated in the story. I recommend you read the CM hellcode for food and drink recipes because if I see you only making cheese slices I'll snap you in half (not actually but you would be way cooler if you made a variety of foods)

+1
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quirk is neat and I expect to see some fun RP come from it, you've got lots of community support so I feel safe in +1'ing this.

Please do not fuckup and betray our trust
    Last edited by BIgboyyo; 07-22-2021 at 12:15 AM.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonsnow View Post
    Plenty of vouches, you've shown a lot of effort into making the app and by answering the subsequent questions well enough.

I recommend you read the CM hellcode for food and drink recipes because if I see you only making cheese slices I'll snap you in half (not actually but you would be way cooler if you made a variety of foods)

+1
    Yeah, I've been putting some hours into Mess Sergeant and know how to make a decent variety of foods and drinks. Also learned that the Kebab and Cookie recipes are bugged and blow up the microwave, so thankfully I won't come off as a dunce in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This application is accepted. Apologies for the wait.

I want to see how you'll do as synth. I'm gonna keep a close eye on your RP, so make sure you're behaving as a synthetic would 24/7.
    Synthetic Senator