Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wibo333 - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Wibo333

Player Name You Use Most?
    Grub Dunkers

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    None.

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC +2

What is your discord username and handle?
    Groob#7404

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The role of the commanding officer is to lead the marines to victory and make sure every voice is heard, shipside and groundside.

Their job is to inspire but also bring roleplay to the table and make sure a round can be enjoyable for everyone.

To balance this out I would like to make sure there's competent people in CIC before engaging in any shipside foolery since it might cost the marines the OP if command is slacking behind. If this is not the case then preferably have the CMP deal with shipside matters while you can tend to the OP and make sure things run smoothly.

Personally I've always seen the commanding officer as a beacon of supreme authority aboard the ship, but also someone you can actively engage with and roleplay scenarios out. But their main goal should always be to lead marines to the best of their ability.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    I've always been a huge fan of roleplay and having seen many Captains throughout their careers on the Almayer I feel like I'm up for the challenge to make rounds more enjoyable and fun and engaging for people.

I've always thought that being a Captain would mean that you're an upgraded XO but after studying the ML and reading all of the Captain's responsibilities it means that you have alot of weight on your plate when it comes to the USCM's best intrests, and that you cannot in any way or form break those rules since your career wil be on the line if you do.

Now with the new roleplay guidelines I feel way more comfortable applying for commanding officer because I prefer handling minor mistakes made in an IC fashion to keep a round running smooth and fun for everyone, even if that means that punishment gets handled in an IC fashion with provosts landing onto the ship to investigate an issue.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

A piece of the grub lore everyone has been waiting for....

ExperienceHow familiar are you with command positions?
    Insanely familiar, I have played so many hours of XO on and off the clock, even before the timelocks, I could honestly put a bed in CIC and fall asleep happy there since grub's wife took his house from him....

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    65 hours.

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    I've played all of them a fair bit and know how to handle every department on my own should there really be no one capable of handling REQ for example.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    Very familiar, I always have it open on my second screen whenever I'm playing MP, XO or any commanding role.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    Personally I'm not fond of BE's because it's better to let a scenario be roleplayed out, and a BE tends to permanently take someone away from that option.

I do understand however that BE's should be used in the following scenario's.

- Someone is making an attempt on your life in CIC and they have started firing.
    - A rogue MT wants to bring destruction to CIC by blowing consoles up, endangering the OP.
    - An SL who is rallying his squad to commit mutiny because the OP didn't work out the way they wanted to.

HOWEVER

Personally if MP's are available I will do anything in my power to try and detain these people so that we can deal with them in brig and just-... add some extra roleplay before their postponed execution. Which is more satisfactory to me.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    I would only pardon someone if it's in the best intrest of the operation at hand, since only minor and major crimes can be pardoned I will hear any appeal out, and if the person at hand can give me good reason for me to let them out I will put my trust in them if I believe they're speaking the truth.

For example the Delta SG destroyed a door or window to get something and an MP caught them in the act, they resisted arrest and shoved the MP, adding resist arrest and assault to their list of crimes. If the SG can make sense to why they needed something or destroyed the door I would probably pardon them and make it clear next time they can just ask for the door to be opened for them.

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by Wibo333; 07-07-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Grub, glad to see you finally applied however I'd like to ask a quick question

Do you understand that as a Captain you'll have to maintain a higher standard of both RP and will need to abide by council rulings, only reason I am asking is that sometimes your actions will possibly have an OOC consequence rather then an IC one if deemed severe/not up to par with what's expected of the WL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid XO, competent, great to play with and whatnot. Would make a excellent CO

+1
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fully understand! The IC issue solving I mentioned was something more in the direction of Grub not wearing a helmet, and that a marine would fax HC about it and then send the provosts down to question Grub when I was XO or CMP. I know that as a Captain the standard is higher and there are more severe OOC consequences for not following the rules as is stated in the Captain WL, and as such I will do my very best to stay within the guidelines and provide people with with a unique experience whenever I'm commanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grub Dunkers +1……

I thought the story was good, very in character for Grub. As for the application I thought the BE answer was the philosophy I like, that it shouldn't be given out just because it qualifies as one of the big three. My only criticism was you saying the Captains job is to lead the marines to victory. I don't think you should ever try to lose but it's not always about winning that makes the round enjoyable for everyone. Thankfully I've seen you enough to know that you will spice rounds up and go off meta so that dismisses my concern in your wording.

I hope you polished your bald head, USS Typhoon is leaving dry dock to regroup with the third fleet. I think you'll make a great Captain.
    Tyrus 'Shoeless' Jackson (Moderately Competent)
    TOT, Formerly TO-T0 (HRP Xeno)

GhostGhost360#7429 on Discord

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grub can take the game seriously when he need to so I don't see a reason with him becoming CO
    +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the Grub Lore a lot, and I've seen you play a lot, serious and unserious, and I think you're based.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Very good
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grub is an excelent XO and an interesting character. From what i've seen he also takes XOing a lot more seriously than when playing squad roles which is good.

Careful with those pardons tho Grub. While the example you gave is a valid pardon it would also likely end with you in jail over some minor SOP breach the SG does. As it is pardons are somewhat risky unless you can trust your MP team since they do open you to being arrested without warrant. There are some things you can try before deciding to pardon. In your example i'd first try to reason with the MP and persuade them to drop the assault charges (while not strictly speaking legal the better MPs will be reasonable about it) then you can NJP the rest away. Pardon only when you trust the person not to cause more trouble and when there is no other way to release them.

In the end the pardons and BEs are something you'll learn from experience. I know you to be a good commander that takes his job seriously and roleplays. Easy +1 from me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright! I'll most certainly keep that in mind then, and yeah that does depend on the MP team, I wouldn't pardon someone unless I believe they're really speaking the truth and wouldn't cause a ruckus after they get free, so I'll stick to my guns and make sure their story checks out.