User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wibo333 - Commanding Officer Application

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A report was recently up regarding you and Katashi Juro both deploying while acknowledging it was a rule break. I know you're a good XO and all that, but you did break the guidelines. Like I said, you're a great XO, but that raises a red flag for me.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember that OP from a while ago, we discussed the battleplan as usual in the conference room and I volunteered to deploy planetside to oversee things to which Juro replied it'd be fine if the both of us could deploy ((which at the time rang a bell since there's always someone needed to run CIC being the cap or XO)) but an LT stepped up after we asked if anyone wanted to handle CIC and they gladly would. At that time I had a few beers and I kinda let myself get dragged away in the grand scheme of things since Juro's way of commanding always kinda inspires me to go above and beyond duty. But it's very clear to me that as a Captain you have a responsibilty with deciding who goes down to deploy, being the XO or the Captain.

So I'm sorry for letting myself get carried away that OP, usually I tend to really sit in CIC whenever the commanding officer wishes to deploy, or the other way arround though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your wife never loved you grub.

1+ knows how to play the game

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ML question is:

A CMP is refusing to wear a beret and cover his bald head and...

Seriously though. Good player, good roleplayer, knows enough about ML to try and get away without wearing headgear as CMP and almost get away with it.

+1, no question.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive roleplayed and to my memory played MP with this guy, hes good and i trust him with this WL so this gets a fat +1 from me

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I suppose I can give you a +1 Grub. You're a good XO and player, but do know that breaking rules as a CO can get you in more OOC trouble than as XO, and you should try to stick to CO guidelines.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Commanding Officer Council Member Superreallycoolguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grungle Dungers good XO and Player, seen him play CMP so he gets bonus points.

I don't think they'll be a shitter, regardless of whatever incident happened, homie knows he did an oopsie doopsie

+1
    I Play Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz
    CO Council Member, Discord Is Dargus#4831, DM Your CO Questions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It grob

Howdy!

You're probably one of the most well known XO's in existence if I'm honest. You're pretty regularly taking the hot seat and are more than capable on the command front, and you show a persistent roleplay ability regardless of the role that you play.

Saying that, you often slip into silliness/wackiness. While there's no problem with being a quirky CO, remember that you will need to dial some of it a little bit back as CO. No jumping into the ASRS over Pebbles, okay?

Aside from that, I have questions, you have answers!

1.The RO and the Cargo Technician have been disputing with each other all round. The Cargo Tech starts to do stuff on his own and is disobeying the RO's orders, and insulting them. The RO orders an arrest for DASO and the Technician is arrested, requesting a pardon from you.

Would you pardon? Why/why not? What factors would you consider?

2. Someone is requesting that you handle an appeal, but you're incredibly busy/deployed. The prisoner is demanding that you personally handle the appeal. Are you legally required to handle the appeal yourself in all instances if demanded?

3. A marine is charged with Assault with a Deadly Weapon for accidentally discharging their weapon and hitting an MP when disarmed. They are requesting a pardon.
    Would you pardon, or is there another route you can go here?
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    A report was recently up regarding you and Katashi Juro both deploying while acknowledging it was a rule break. I know you're a good XO and all that, but you did break the guidelines. Like I said, you're a great XO, but that raises a red flag for me.
    This is the same opinion I have.

I think you are a good roleplayer and know when to roll with being a bit silly and when not to, the main (and one of the only, may I add) issues I have is the fact I can envision you deciding to ignore rules in the name of fun and it eventually blowing up rather big-style, rather than reaching out and seeing if we can get things tweaked, and avoiding the issue.

I'm still leaning to a +1 but I want you to take a look at how you approach these things, even a quick DM going "Hey can I do this/Can I try this/Can we change this?" goes a long way.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I'll go to extreme lengths of killing myself unless there's an event forcing Grub to heavily lean towards it (( aka his wife visits him )) or something.

As for the questions!

1. Preferably I would like to hear the CT's appeal first, based on their story compared to the RO's I could possibly come to an understanding why the CT was acting in such a way. If they're a genuinely good person and they will continue with their duty and listen to the RO I would pardon them. If they were still shit-talking about the RO and disrespecting a superior officer I'd deny their pardon and tell them to wait their sentence out. This all just depends on how the CT explains the scenario to me really. Despite the RO is right and DASO is the penalty I would still want to find out what happened so I can do something about it and make sure they have an enjoyable OP afterwards.

2. The CMP or Commander may designate someone else to handle appeals should they be overwhelmed at that time or deployed or simply not there. They can designate an univolved MP or uninvolved commissioned officer to handle the appeal. Nowhere in the ML is stated I'm legally bound to handle in person, however I would be shipside and free I'd always try to make it for said appeal.

3. I've had this happen quite a few times myself due to having two monitors and missclicking on my main screen so.... but that's obviously not an IC reason, I would pardon them personally. If they're speaking the truth about it being an utter accident and I know them well I'd inform them that there's a safety option on their gun and that they should probably.... switch to that shipside when it's not on blue alert. You can't NJP major crimes so I don't think there's much else to be done here but to inform them of what they could have done to avoid shooting on accident.