Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ethancol - Moderator Application

Moderator Application

Personal Information

Byond ID?
    Hhahs28

CM Character?
    Roderick Knight / TBH (more people might know me as my xeno character as i rarely play marine)

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UTC +8

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    30+ hours, but significant more as i have just finished high school and is waiting on university.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    no

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    no

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    no

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    yes!

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    As it is already being handled by MPs, I would leave it ICly.

I will still investigate if the situation here is properly escalated, if it is, again, leave it to the MP. If it is not, I will warn the player for improper escalation and check if he has a history of doing so, and applies a timed ban if necessary for improper escalation.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Inform the player that we don't handle predator honor code breaches as mods, I would tell him to make a player report on the forum and remind him that he needs to make the report in 48 hours.

I would also investigate if the predator has any imminent server rule break and apply note/ban accordingly.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Inform SEA to help the player and help them pinpoint the location of that player.

if there is no SEA in that round I would spawn in myself and help him go through basic training.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would ask the player to calm down and remind him of rule 0.2 and warn that he might get ban if he continues this type of behavior.

As for his request of speaking to an Admin+ staff member, I will refuse his request and tell him that he does not get to pick who to handle his ahelp. I would also tell him if he got any issue regarding my ruling he can make a staff report on the forum.

But I won't hesitate to ask another staff member for help if I felt that the situation is getting out of my control.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    If the player is new, I would PM him and remind him that we have a naming policy that he needs to follow, ask him to pick a new name and change it for him.

If this was a veteran player, I would warn him and apply a note, as he should clearly understand that we have rules regarding naming a character.

I would check if he has a history of using name that is not allowed on the server and applies a timed ban if this is not his first offense.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    The MT is breaching SOP, which is an IC issue, and I would prefer to leave it that way, but I would check if this MT has a history of causing problems and maybe observe him for a while to make sure he doesn't break any server rules.

Of course, after some time of observation, I would leave the man alone.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    If the survivor has spawned as a hostile survivor, such as CLF on LV, I would inform the marine that the survivor has been spawn as a hostile survivor and is allowed to be hostile to the marine.

If the survivor has spawned as a normal colonist, they should not be hostile to the marine, I would PM the survivor and inform him that he is not allowed to be hostile to the marine even he has RP it out, if he has many notes of being hostile toward marine as a normal survivor, I might apply a survivor jban to him.

I will aheal any marine that has gone perma'd because of the survivor but try to leave things to the medic if they are revivable.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    While getting permabrigged because of stealing an attachment and trespassing make it seems like the MP is the one at fault first, I would still investigate what happened during the arrest.

Maybe the marine has shot up and killed one of the MP while resisting arrest, which can certainly lead him up to getting permabrigged. I would check the logs and see what has the marine done when he is getting arrested. There might be 2 situation to this issue.

1.The arrest is justified
    -If the arrest is justified, I would tell the marine what action lead up to him getting permabrig.

2. The marine is not breaking major crimes
    -If he is complying and not resisting, the MP cant permabrig him, and the MP is certainly not following marine law properly. Now the MP might be a new player, if this is the case, I would tell him to release the marine immediately, also explain to him that you can't permabig people just because of minor crimes. I will also note him.

But if the MP is not new to the server and has old notes regarding false usage of marine law, I will consider applying an MP jban for him as he is just downright griefing, a timed ban might also be applied to the MP if I see fit.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would QM the hive and say something along these lines,

'The talls are weak and are licking their wound on the metal hive, now it is the time for you to call down the metal bird and finish this once and for all.'

I would also remind xeno that they will be guarantee a xeno minor if they crash into Almayer and they would get hive surge that helps them to regain their number.

As for the marine side, my option is more limited so most of the time I would stick to using QM as it is a hive, and xeno needs to listen to their queen no matter what.

I might also pick a new queen if the old queen just downright refuses to go up, and maybe note him for lrp as she needs to obey the QM's order no matter what.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As the question said that the medic seems to be overdosing my patient on purpose, there are few possibilities of him being new. I should not do anything as staff as I am involved in this situation.

I would help and see if any mods are online to handle this situation, or if there is none, I would ask in #staff-help on the discord to let someone know what is going on and they can get online to deal with it.

If there is no staff that can come online and deals with this situation, I will start gathering evidence of this medic griefing and prepare to make a player report afterward.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform the CLF that as CLF and marine is hostile toward each other ICly, they are still consider hostile toward each other even the round has ended.

So the marine did nothing wrong by killing the CLF member, no action is necessary here.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would PM the marine and tell him to knock it off as he is causing a disturbance to other people. I would also check his notes and see if he has a history of behaving this way and might consider giving him a timed ban after noting him.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Warn the murderer for improper escalation, and explain to him that you can't just kill someone after they punch you. Of course, I would check logs to see what actually happen between these 2 marines and give notes accordingly.

I would also issue a timed ban if the murderer has a history of improper escalation.

Other than that, leave it ICly unless someone has gone perma because of it.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Sleep everyone around that is charging into the CIC and inform them via MOOC of why did I sleep them, ask around, check logs and try to find the mutiny leader and handle things from there. I might ask another staff for assistance if they are around as I am dealing with a huge group of people and I wanna deal with this as quickly as possible to have less impact on the round.

I might also check if the mutiny leader has a history of not ahelping when mutinying and consider giving him a ban if this is a repeat offense. If this is his first time mutinying I would let it slide with just a note and warning.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell the player that is being racist to knock it off, as is clearly stated on the rules that, quote ' Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.'

Also, check note if the player that is making the minor racist comments have a history of doing so and maybe give him a timed ban if necessary.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This sounds like a clear case of griefing, I will ban according to procedure and note him for other mods reference, I would go for filing a permanent ban if there is a history of him griefing.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    This might be intentional or an accident, as the larva might trying to evo near the frontline to avoid having to walk there after evo, I would check the player's note and see if he has a history of dying as a larva near the frontline.

If he doesn't have any note regarding that, I would believe this is an accident rather than griefing. I would just warn and note him.

But if he has a history of dying as a larva near the frontline, I might consider giving him a Xeno jban consider the time that he has died as larva.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM the Xeno and warn him for lrp and note him. Check note to this if this is a common behaviour from this Xeno, Xeno jban if he has a history of lrp as Xeno.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Link him Rule 3 of Xeno Roleplay Standards and explain to him that this is allowed because, quote 'Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable.', so calling Alamo or Normandy "dropship" is acceptable.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the player and remind him that while marines have an understanding of how a xenomorph hive works, they don't know that there is a hive on the planet below them. I would not note him as this is more of a minor issue to me and might be lrp from the command staff player. Of course, I might note and give proper punishment if this is not his first time.

I do remember survs used to be able to fax command about Xeno threat on the colony, but I don't know if that still works in this version of CM so I might look into that.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Check logs and see if the situation is properly escalated, in my opinion, there could be 2 situations to this question:

1. The situation is not properly escalated
    -In this situation, the player just straight up killing the marine without saying a word, if this is the case, I would PM him and kindly remind him that he needs to escalate even he is in a life and death situation.

Now the marine might say that he does not have time to RP as Xeno is closing in, I would reply to him and tell him even a little RP would suffice as during evac there is a much lighter escalation rule.

Lastly, I would warn and note him for improper escalation, apply a ban if he has a history of doing this.

2. The situation is properly escalated
    -As the situation is properly escalated, I won't take any action against the marine and leave it ICly.

(I am not really confident about my answer on this question as I myself think it would be hard to RP if Xeno is closing in)

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Remind the player of rule 0.2, if I need to I would mute him for a while to let him calm down, but if he continues this type of behaviour I would apply a timed ban to him.

I would tell him if he does not agree with my decision on something he can take it to the forum and make a staff report but toxicity would not be tolerated on this server. I would also note him just for future reference.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell the player that we don't use admin power to remove larva from people, and advise him to pick a save spot to SSD next time.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would prefer reporting this to a staff manager and senior mods,

I might also take imminent action as another player is getting the punishment that they should not deserve or they should deserve much more serious punishment, which in my opinion is not fair to him and other players involved.

I would politely ask my fellow staff member that he might misunderstood certain rulings or the information he is giving might not be correct.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Ask a manager to look into this situation, and tell the two arguing staff members that they should discuss with the manager before making their decision.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    While being a mentor certainly makes me felt like I am contributing to the community, I think I can do much more as a staff member, also I am very active in low pop hour and I heard you guys are recruiting so I decided to give it a try.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Willingness to learn from others senior staff members and own mistakes, patience is also an important quality as I don't think someone can make a correct ruling if they just want to get over with an ahelp and not investigate it properly and patiently

Anything else you
    I have gotten 3 notes in May and I think it might be concerning and will certainly impact my app, these 3 notes are the only notes I have in my time of playing CM, but I still decided to give it a shot.

English is also not my first language but I tried my best to express what would I do in each situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    As it is already being handled by MPs, I would leave it ICly.

I will still investigate if the situation here is properly escalated, if it is, again, leave it to the MP. If it is not, I will warn the player for improper escalation and check if he has a history of doing so, and applies a timed ban if necessary for improper escalation.
    Correct answer. But sometimes there are times in where breaking escalations become necessary especially if its a do or die situation. Check the context first before banning or noting someone.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Inform the player that we don't handle predator honor code breaches as mods, I would tell him to make a player report on the forum and remind him that he needs to make the report in 48 hours.

I would also investigate if the predator has any imminent server rule break and apply note/ban accordingly.
    Im sure that whitelist reports are different than player reports. You can still probably report them for whitelist violations.
    For banning predators or any whitelisted people theres a gray area. Its rare that they break server rules. Usually LRP is always forwarded to the WL council, same with combat synthing and stuff like that. Unless its deliberate then you take action.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Inform SEA to help the player and help them pinpoint the location of that player.

if there is no SEA in that round I would spawn in myself and help him go through basic training.
    Extra effort is always appreciated. This is a good answer. Helping out people isnt malicious but ask someone higher or inform someone that you will spawn yourself to help someone out.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would ask the player to calm down and remind him of rule 0.2 and warn that he might get ban if he continues this type of behavior.

As for his request of speaking to an Admin+ staff member, I will refuse his request and tell him that he does not get to pick who to handle his ahelp. I would also tell him if he got any issue regarding my ruling he can make a staff report on the forum.

But I won't hesitate to ask another staff member for help if I felt that the situation is getting out of my control.
    Correct answer.

If the player is new, I would PM him and remind him that we have a naming policy that he needs to follow, ask him to pick a new name and change it for him.

If this was a veteran player, I would warn him and apply a note, as he should clearly understand that we have rules regarding naming a character.

I would check if he has a history of using name that is not allowed on the server and applies a timed ban if this is not his first offense.
    Correct.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    The MT is breaching SOP, which is an IC issue, and I would prefer to leave it that way, but I would check if this MT has a history of causing problems and maybe observe him for a while to make sure he doesn't break any server rules.

Of course, after some time of observation, I would leave the man alone.
    Correct answer. Observing someone that has been causing problems is fine for a bit but more than that you might get accused of trying to find fault in someone if they fuck up once or made an error. People are unhappy if they felt that they are being watched. Its better to find balance in everything. Do not be excessive in observing someone.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    While getting permabrigged because of stealing an attachment and trespassing make it seems like the MP is the one at fault first, I would still investigate what happened during the arrest.

Maybe the marine has shot up and killed one of the MP while resisting arrest, which can certainly lead him up to getting permabrigged. I would check the logs and see what has the marine done when he is getting arrested. There might be 2 situation to this issue.

1.The arrest is justified
    -If the arrest is justified, I would tell the marine what action lead up to him getting permabrig.

2. The marine is not breaking major crimes
    -If he is complying and not resisting, the MP cant permabrig him, and the MP is certainly not following marine law properly. Now the MP might be a new player, if this is the case, I would tell him to release the marine immediately, also explain to him that you can't permabig people just because of minor crimes. I will also note him.

But if the MP is not new to the server and has old notes regarding false usage of marine law, I will consider applying an MP jban for him as he is just downright griefing, a timed ban might also be applied to the MP if I see fit.
    Correct.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would QM the hive and say something along these lines,

'The talls are weak and are licking their wound on the metal hive, now it is the time for you to call down the metal bird and finish this once and for all.'

I would also remind xeno that they will be guarantee a xeno minor if they crash into Almayer and they would get hive surge that helps them to regain their number.

As for the marine side, my option is more limited so most of the time I would stick to using QM as it is a hive, and xeno needs to listen to their queen no matter what.

I might also pick a new queen if the old queen just downright refuses to go up, and maybe note him for lrp as she needs to obey the QM's order no matter what.
    From my time as staff. We rarely noted queens who dont follow QM orders. Making a QM order already makes it IC issue then you should do something IC instead. The problem with this is that you are forcing someone to do a suicide run. If they disobey try talking to them about it first before banishing or gibbing them. They were forced into that situation. They didnt expect the round to be a stalemate. Leaving an LRP note to them would leave a very bad taste.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As the question said that the medic seems to be overdosing my patient on purpose, there are few possibilities of him being new. I should not do anything as staff as I am involved in this situation.

I would help and see if any mods are online to handle this situation, or if there is none, I would ask in #staff-help on the discord to let someone know what is going on and they can get online to deal with it.

If there is no staff that can come online and deals with this situation, I will start gathering evidence of this medic griefing and prepare to make a player report afterward.
    You can handle your own ahelps if there are no other moderators going online when you called help multiple times. Its a worst case scenario.
    Check the persons note and see if they have history of doing it. Decide if its a warning or a ban.
    Theres no need to make a player report if you handled the situation.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform the CLF that as CLF and marine is hostile toward each other ICly, they are still consider hostile toward each other even the round has ended.

So the marine did nothing wrong by killing the CLF member, no action is necessary here.
    Correct.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would PM the marine and tell him to knock it off as he is causing a disturbance to other people. I would also check his notes and see if he has a history of behaving this way and might consider giving him a timed ban after noting him.
    IC issue if its a very minor thing (stealing non essential items), sometimes its just friendly banter. If an MP is on it then it really becomes an IC issue.
    But if they stole something very important (specialist kits, mortar, or any items with value) then it becomes an OOC issue. Thats where you check their notes and see if they are doing this for multiple rounds already.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Warn the murderer for improper escalation, and explain to him that you can't just kill someone after they punch you. Of course, I would check logs to see what actually happen between these 2 marines and give notes accordingly.

I would also issue a timed ban if the murderer has a history of improper escalation.

Other than that, leave it ICly unless someone has gone perma because of it.
    Correct answer. If the guy fought back with the same escalation even if its improper escalation then it becomes IC issue as far as i know.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Sleep everyone around that is charging into the CIC and inform them via MOOC of why did I sleep them, ask around, check logs and try to find the mutiny leader and handle things from there. I might ask another staff for assistance if they are around as I am dealing with a huge group of people and I wanna deal with this as quickly as possible to have less impact on the round.

I might also check if the mutiny leader has a history of not ahelping when mutinying and consider giving him a ban if this is a repeat offense. If this is his first time mutinying I would let it slide with just a note and warning.
    Its hard to determine whos the mutiny leader if no one ahelped. You cant rely on others peoples say in this because x marine might say its y marine while z marine says its x marine. You are basically blind in this. Note everyone who is involved instead of randomly picking someone. You can make an error if theres a lot of people involved so its much better to blanket note them all.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell the player that is being racist to knock it off, as is clearly stated on the rules that, quote ' Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.'

Also, check note if the player that is making the minor racist comments have a history of doing so and maybe give him a timed ban if necessary.
    This is IC issue. Its only one affected person. As long as its not directed to someone or if you think they are squad buddies just making dumb fun then dont note them.
    A lot of people in this game do stupid shit to each other and call names to each other. Sometimes its just a friendly banter.
    If it gets out of hand like screaming hard N, etc then thats where you come in.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This sounds like a clear case of griefing, I will ban according to procedure and note him for other mods reference, I would go for filing a permanent ban if there is a history of him griefing.
    Correct answer.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    This might be intentional or an accident, as the larva might trying to evo near the frontline to avoid having to walk there after evo, I would check the player's note and see if he has a history of dying as a larva near the frontline.

If he doesn't have any note regarding that, I would believe this is an accident rather than griefing. I would just warn and note him.

But if he has a history of dying as a larva near the frontline, I might consider giving him a Xeno jban consider the time that he has died as larva.
    Correct. Investigate if it was accidental. But if they have a note of doing it multiple times already then job ban them from alien.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM the Xeno and warn him for lrp and note him. Check note to this if this is a common behaviour from this Xeno, Xeno jban if he has a history of lrp as Xeno.
    Correct.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Link him Rule 3 of Xeno Roleplay Standards and explain to him that this is allowed because, quote 'Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable.', so calling Alamo or Normandy "dropship" is acceptable.
    Correct.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the player and remind him that while marines have an understanding of how a xenomorph hive works, they don't know that there is a hive on the planet below them. I would not note him as this is more of a minor issue to me and might be lrp from the command staff player. Of course, I might note and give proper punishment if this is not his first time.

I do remember survs used to be able to fax command about Xeno threat on the colony, but I don't know if that still works in this version of CM so I might look into that.
    Always note them. When you're offline another mod might PM them again and they wont see any history of them doing it.
    Survivors faxing marines about a xenomorph threat removes that restriction.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Check logs and see if the situation is properly escalated, in my opinion, there could be 2 situations to this question:

1. The situation is not properly escalated
    -In this situation, the player just straight up killing the marine without saying a word, if this is the case, I would PM him and kindly remind him that he needs to escalate even he is in a life and death situation.

Now the marine might say that he does not have time to RP as Xeno is closing in, I would reply to him and tell him even a little RP would suffice as during evac there is a much lighter escalation rule.

Lastly, I would warn and note him for improper escalation, apply a ban if he has a history of doing this.

2. The situation is properly escalated
    -As the situation is properly escalated, I won't take any action against the marine and leave it ICly.

(I am not really confident about my answer on this question as I myself think it would be hard to RP if Xeno is closing in)
    This is like talking mid combat.
    Shooting them without a word to get a place in an evac pod is fine. Since thats enough IC reason if the aliens are literally at the doorstep.
    You cant just say IM GONNA SHOOT YOU while you were getting slashed by a xeno to get a pod.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Remind the player of rule 0.2, if I need to I would mute him for a while to let him calm down, but if he continues this type of behaviour I would apply a timed ban to him.

I would tell him if he does not agree with my decision on something he can take it to the forum and make a staff report but toxicity would not be tolerated on this server. I would also note him just for future reference.
    Correct answer.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell the player that we don't use admin power to remove larva from people, and advise him to pick a save spot to SSD next time.
    No one wants to be SSD in a non safe spot. Dont tell them to pick a safe spot since you cant pick a safe spot while disconnected. It will sound funny.
    Tell them that shit happens and it happens to everyone.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would prefer reporting this to a staff manager and senior mods,

I might also take imminent action as another player is getting the punishment that they should not deserve or they should deserve much more serious punishment, which in my opinion is not fair to him and other players involved.

I would politely ask my fellow staff member that he might misunderstood certain rulings or the information he is giving might not be correct.
    Correct. But senior mods dont handle rulings. Only the managers can give you clarification on what to do or what the rulings are.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Ask a manager to look into this situation, and tell the two arguing staff members that they should discuss with the manager before making their decision.
    Correct. But sometimes the manager isnt there so let the staff who took the ahelp do his own thing first. Then they can talk about it with the manager afterwards if they have time.

little to none wrong answers also see you a lot when i play as xenomorph/marine so i dont have problems with your playtime

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reviewing my app and giving the huge +1!

Looking at your answer makes me felt like I still have many things to learn and understand about ruling and how do I handle certain situation. Of course also learn from other senior staff member.
    Last edited by Hhahs28; 07-08-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent app! I have nothing to add ioon to Sakuyoi and I hope to see you on the team +1

Im sure that whitelist reports are different than player reports. You can still probably report them for whitelist violations.
    For banning predators or any whitelisted people theres a gray area. Its rare that they break server rules. Usually LRP is always forwarded to the WL council, same with combat synthing and stuff like that. Unless its deliberate then you take action.

They are filed as a player report in the exact same format, it's just that the council handles those issues and now our admins. For an issue like HC just tell them to file a player report, and in some cases you might want to DM a councillor about it. Of course if a CO is just running around shooting people for no reason you can take action, but not on whitelist issues.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great answers, good app, good player. Nothing else to say, +1
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethancol View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    For banning predators or any whitelisted people theres a gray area.
    Based on a recent announcement the applicants answer is in fact correct (other then the 48h thing, im not sure about), im almost quoting the announcement below. The forwarding bits to the council still applies, they are subject to both council and mods, in case of server rule breaks.
    """
    In regards to whitelists, it’s been forgotten that if a person playing a whitelisted role breaks a server rule. You can still issue notes and or bans on them. The only time you can’t take action and need to tell a person to file a report is if it’s
    Allegations of a improper battlefield executions or improper/abuse of pardon system by a CO
    Allegations of synth guideline breaks
    Allegations of predator honor code violations.

A prime example of when to note a CO
    LRP Command announcements
    Griefing people with battlefield executions
    Synth
    Synths are usually good, but if a synth griefs a player, or uses netspeak/LRP actions
    Predator:
    Meme allahu ackbar SD in briefing
    """

Quote Originally Posted by ethancol View Post

i will add that you should note them even if they are a new player that you have told them this. In general you apply a note for the benefit of the next mod who takes the shift after you, as such we do note new players quite often.

Regarding Jbans, you must always apply a timed ban as well.

Regarding mutines, we tend to shut them down if they didn't get prior approval, rather then do the work for them of getting approval.

Seen you a lot around, especially as xeno. In most of your answers were good or great. +1 and hope to see you on the team.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    (other then the 48h thing, im not sure about)
    Hi ito, firstly I wanted to thank you for the +1, regarding the 48 hour thing, I have read it in the Report a Player Forum Rules, quote '8. Reports may only be made for violations that have occurred within 48 hours of when it had taken place. Anything beyond that is null and void, and also you may only make a report for violations in that time frame. No reports or evidence making allegations of rule breaks going beyond that time frame will be accepted.'

Base on my understanding, any report that makes after 48 hours is not viable and won't be investigated, I believe this also applies to whitelist issue.
    Last edited by Hhahs28; 07-10-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sound application, you'd make a great addition +1

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason to not give you a +1, you know the rules and you seem willing to learn. Don't worry about the small things, those get worked out once you're a trial mod.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meant to comment on this yesterday but all points raised have been correct, should be fine for mod
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)