User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: special2kira - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have reviewed Kira's app in DMs before. I like Calvin's quirk, it can provide a lot of fun situations ingame with the marines. I've seen you in support duties where the marines were in some dire situations so I'm sure you'll do fine as synth.
    While the questions brought up about tenses and english are not wrong, it's going over the top to deny an application because of that. As the others have said, writing a story is different from ingame dialogue. I have seen you talk ingame and I can completely understand you. One of the purposes of stories are to test if the player can write basic english capable enough for people to comprehend. Downvoting someone for making tense errors is honestly just looking for a reason to deny people.
    I know you put a lot of effort in the application and observing you ingame, you have improved your roleplay and behavior.
    +1 from me.
    Last edited by Axyinious; 07-16-2021 at 07:26 PM.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I've already spoken to you about this so I won't go into all the details. I think that there is valid concern from everyone who -1'd you, and I've discussed you and your application with the council.

Regarding your English, I asked you if you thought you were up to the task and it wouldn't be an issue, so I don't see any reason to dwell there, and while having errors in your app is DEFINETLY not good, I don't think that's a factor to make or break you, but it certainly doesn't help. But I think that your roleplay interactions needs to be further shown off, while having the support skills is important it's only one half of synth gameplay, furthermore while you seem to be improving I haven't heard anyone comment on your roleplay interactions, and from what I hear that's an area that may be your weak side. However, If you can continue to show off that you're good at roleplay along with support skills for a couple to a few more months, don't get any negative notes, and ensure your next app has NO GRAMATICAL ERRORS whatsoever I think it'll go a lot better.

Nick 'Shards' Weller - Delta Marine
    Miles - Synth
    - SYNTH COUNCIL MAFIA GANG -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He know what he's doing so I am giving +1.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand both sides of opposition and support. I think AcuteCircle's viewpoint brings a very unique perspective into the challenges of an ESL and frankly, this player's taken massive strides now from what they were before. They are certainly not LRP now with their new character and I have seen their competency in req since then. That said, I understand there's a controversy around the many applications and the alleged questionable quality of them.

I don't think a player should be shot down purely based off of their previous attempts, but rather, judged based off of their current ability and effort given since then.

i'm gonna be neutral on this because I understand both points.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe in taking risks with applicants. It has been proven time and time again throughout the WL history of controversial people getting accepted, and then immediately eating shit. I like you Kira, but I think you need more time to mature and rid yourself of your past reputation.

If I can lose my reputation of being the briefing bomber and go back to being synth guy Jakk, then you can do the same. I'd love to see you apply again next month.

This application is denied.
    Synthetic Senator

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you insist