User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Guide on what to buy as PFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Armor damage (aka armor break) is separate stat from armor piercing, that writing is intentional.

90u of bicard/kelo metabolizes fully only after a total of 24 minutes and heals about a total of 360 brute/burn, that isn't really much on longer rounds, 90u tramadol lasts 48 minutes and only resists up to 80 damage worth of pain, trauma kits on minimedics heals THREE damage+enables 0.1 damage regeneration like gauze/ointment for longer usetime which sucks if you just want to apply it everywhere.
    Though with medvendors being all access planetside now, supplies are not a problem if there are any vendors and minimedic kit's only value would be the injector pouch, otherwise it is what it is.
    Last edited by Ttly; 04-08-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    Armor damage (aka armor break) is separate stat from armor piercing, that writing is intentional.

90u of bicard/kelo metabolizes fully only after a total of 24 minutes and heals about a total of 360 brute, that isn't really much on longer rounds, 90u tramadol lasts 48 minutes and only resists up to 80 damage worth of pain, trauma kits on minimedics heals THREE damage+enables 0.1 damage regeneration like gauze/ointment for longer usetime which sucks if you just want to apply shit everywhere.
    Though with medvendors being all access planetside now, supplies are not a problem anymore, if there are any vendors, minimedic kit's only value would be the injector pouch right now.
    Yeah that's the point, it isn't much but you can definitely treat multiple people with light to moderate wounds with that. If someone has 200+ damage on them, they're gonna get treated by an actual medic anyway. There are also SO MANY mini medics compared to other PFC kit/classes that they add up very quickly.

You aren't supposed to be treating the serious cases, that's why you get a roller bed. You drag them back to the nearest actual medic or secure location with medics, leave them there, then go back out to hold the front line and treat people with minor/moderate injuries.

And yeah you can restock your stuff pretty easily, the injector pouch is definitely the best part of the kit. I do miss mini medics having pills instead, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I disagree, you're given what, 90u of the most important chems? Bica, kelo, and tram in 2 autoinjectors each, ...
    When I said "enough to keep them and one other person going" I meant for a sustained push. If you're really pushing you're inevitably taking damage. The autoinjectors that the minimedic has are enough to keep two people shrugging off light to moderate damage for thirty minutes or so. My point was just that if you're looking to use the minimedic kit for supporting others you're disposable enough to be able to pocket medic the spec and you have just enough supplies to do so for a somewhat decent period of time.

I agree with you somewhat about focusing on healing others. It's definitely possible to go to the front and support it for five or ten minutes with healing before running back up shipside to resupply. Maybe even resupplying ground side somewhere can speed up that process. I just don't think that's how the mini medic is best played. Minimedic in my eyes is for self healing, life or death triage, and having a health his so you can properly support full medics.

I spend a decent amount of time as a minimedic assisting medics, either by CPRing orange line patients, removing/redressing armor, splinting marines so they can walk out with their organs intact, or just getting dead/nearly dead marines back to the medics. If you're aiming to support medics that's probably the best use for the minimedic kit, and the health hud is the most important piece of equipment for that.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah absolutely, if you glue yourself to the spec or the smartgunner and keep them full of healing chems and treat their injuries, you're already doing more than 90% of PFCs.

Hell, just giving the spec your autoinjector pouch is probably more useful than sticking to them yourself. Also, you can always take a medkit pouch instead of the first responder pouch, and then fill that medkit with autoinjectors for twice as many chems on your person at once.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated to whatever this post's post date is.

Nowadays, everyone can see the gun stats directly ingame.
    Last edited by Ttly; 08-30-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added large magazine pouch and magazine pouch.