Date of Incident
    July 11, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Sergio Stone / Yumi "Momo" Yamato

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Aiden Dartmann

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    21:28

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4. No griefing

Description of the incident:
    A small group of people went down DS2 to save a group of stranded marines after the FOB was lost. After the people inside the Normandy were killed, the XO (Dartmann) actively refused to call it up, even knowing several important people inside were revivable (CO, Scout Spec, PO and more). Furthermore, the acess to Normandy's cameras wasn't cut at all, so he knew exactly what was happening and if xenos were nesting or remaining inside. The queen was not involved in this, so the console wasn't locked.
    After this fiasco, he bought implants and 3 OBs from techtree (At that point the hijack message had already played). We were stocking points to buy XRT. While yes, buying implants is no problem, buy OBs on hijack, really?

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Minimun XO ban, maximun Command roles ban.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was ahelped and handled in game and a staff report was made about this at //showthrea...rt-Silencer_pl

I'll just paste what I found from there:

What I determined was as follows:

XO made some off the beaten path tech choices, but they did try to make them work.

It makes sense from an IC perspective that someone would be reluctant to call the DS up after what just happened on the ground.

This was also done after groundside was lost, which means that the xenos had already won the round. There was nothing to grief.

Yes, the XO was being an ass and even denied evac for a while, but again, by then it was hijack. Anyone who wanted evac had the right to mutiny the XO for it. I also saw the OB being bought after the ds crashed I think, but again - since the marines already lost and there was little to gain from techs other than making the hijack stage last 10 minutes instead of 5, it didn't seem like griefing on purpose to me.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok aiden here.

No idea you were on the normandy and when i saw the cams on DS2 with everyone dead it was crawling with warriors, crushers and xenos. I didnt want to risk calling it up and getting the ship wiped because most of the marines were dead which i have had happen to me before.

Secondly on the OB purchases, imo we were going to lose and I was trying to get a laugh out of a pretty crushing defeat. However since it pissed almost everyone off instead and got staff ahelped itll be the last time i will be pulling a stunt like this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs!

Accused Character Name
    Makeshift16/ Aiden Dartmann

Character Name
    Sergio Stone / Yumi "Momo" Yamato

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    21:28

Announcement that Normandy is headed to the planet and to Evac to it

Spoiler Spoiler:

Makeshift16 Stating they are all dead

Spoiler Spoiler:

Combat logs of Sergio Stone / Yumi "Momo" Yamato Symboling the fall of Normandy and the deaths of everyone on board

Spoiler Spoiler:

The original Ahelp

Spoiler Spoiler:

Tech tree Items bought

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp Pms between Silencer_pl and Sergio Stone

Spoiler Spoiler:

Let me know if there are any missing logs!
    Last edited by Jamesthebond; 07-16-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see anything glaringly pointing at Grief here. As Soldier has pointed out it would have been best to get the XO's side of the story at the time of the help, but what I can see is more likely attributable to inexperience rather than malice.

When a dropship is captured by the xenomorphs, it's generally treated as lost territory, especially as the queen is likely about to lock the dropship anyway. I do not see it as intentional grief to not realise that the dropship is still able to be called up, and you aren't guaranteed to be able to revive people on the dropship if the xenos decide to come with when you're already undermanned.

As for the techwebs stuff, it's fairly minor, and I don't see it as intending to grief but as a dumb decision made by someone inexperienced.

As there is no previous history of griefing in the player's notes to indicate this is a recurring issue, I am overall taking no action and treating this as hanlons razor/inexperience.

Report Denied
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)