User Tag List

Thread: hunter pun thompson - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hunter pun thompson - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    nuklearcellphoneg
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Hunter Pun Thompson
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Vehicle Crewman(separate same reason)
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Forgot sorry
    Total Ban Duration
    24 hours I presume
    Remaining Duration
    What other servers do you play on?
    Ex /vg/headmin, privately listed, Dylanstrategie coded there before here
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Yha, I'm sure lots 2013 register date, here /vg/ goon /tg/ Fallout, old one tho I think.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    No
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Drove the van and broke through engineering and requisitions so he could "get into them faster". When he stopped, someone took the tires from the van to immobilize it. He chased after that person and shot them once with a pistol as a "warning shot". He insisted that all of this was an IC issue and the CMP could "handle it all" before saying "Ban me if you want. Ciao" and disconnecting.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Really don't feel like doing a staff report- last time I appealed a ban I had to do that song and dance. But before I do that, I'll just make an appeal- mostly just want the notes scrubbed/explained with a 2nd note.

12:21 IC, 00:00 for the appeal Wasn't paying attention, didnt see what Cassandra said though noticed her exit shrugged it off
    00:30 Not used to van's speed momentum WHOOPS
    00:37 To be fair I was thoughtful enough NOT to destroy the lathe.
    00:39 Decided to test if those are fake/ride overable. I knew they def couldn't explode on account of how........ our code is with things like that Plus in for a penny. . .
    00:41-00:46 Haha, I'm really not trying to be EXTRA destructive, van is like the Running in the 90s car somewhat- since it was removed, def not used to controlling it and it takes some muscle memory
    00:50 Park to load up here- looks like someone already hacked the one door I needed to destroy.
    01:05 For some reason, my mechanical keyboard has been wonky- sometimes it gets stuck on a key until I press the key again or it recognizes an input from bordering keys it seems? Might have gotten like, a little wet so it sometimes sends wonky signal(if you have never owned a mechanical keyboard and gotten it wet REALLY wet trust me, you have 0 clue what that entails :^) and it's both horrifying and gut wrenching). I assume at some point either I hit E & D while driving, or such a wonky input came from pressing D, and E borders D.
    01:08-01:29 21 seconds to pull three of those out of that room. So reasonable to assume dragging the lamp from storage out in the hall. Let's say 45 seconds is how long it takes to move all of those 4 tiles each. That's about 30 tiles so without the van or APC(powerloader only works for the crate), it would take 6 minutes to pull that stuff out to here(there were also some upstairs but meh). 21 seconds vs 6 minutes, and I could be wrong on my calculations here since I'm estimating, but to take everything in that room to the DS, OT, and Medbay(you know... places where they can be used) would take a single person on foot about 4 hours and 10 minutes.
    03:00 Dropped off crate for RO
    04:13 getting ready to board DS, again van is a slippery beast- also coders plz fix, xenos have killed me with this glitch. Anyway, I had been gifted those wheels and there are no 2nd wheels.
    04:37 You may have noticed me put my pointer on him a few times- 1st is shift click cause I'm confused as to why they did it, then I'm pointing at him uh dunno if that's on a different layer that OBS is blind to. So I noticed my armor made him faster. Almost clicked GOGOGO here, thought better of it when he stopped to type(tsk tsk not typing and walking) and rushed him out of my vision so I could GOGOGO, catch up,
    04:42 See how my mouse dips straight down to my hands slot, then and to his sprite? I've played SS13 a long time,
    I started to click help -> disarm intent out of habit since he was off screen but he enters my view the second I do so I immediately start moving my pointer up and to the right to hover,
    go to hit 2 for disarm,
    point at him again,
    shoot him instead.
    -
    When I did shift MMB, I probably hit L click as well, and when I saw him stop to type, and made the split second decision to turn back to get him off screen, I probably misaligned my left hand, over CAPS A S I imagine, and press either Q or 1,start running right and since I'm pressing D I hit E on accident(again, earlier- 01:06 did I do that with with malicious intent?)

Anyway, I shot him, holster and move my mouse toward my intent because I'm confused, whoops, well I put away my gun I just won't shoot again- I pulled my gun back out 'cause I saw he drew something- misses me with the knife uh ok I guess I can uh... hits me with the knife, uh... I guess shoot again, yeah? As you can see I'm not too trigger happy. Hits me with the knife the second time, drops the wheels on my 2nd shot- instantly grab the wheels, start running away, not really killed... but in need of some R&R :^) Mildly, I might point out now- I KNOW it looks bad on me, but I honest-to-God, Scout's On Her, I had no killing intent, and, I don't mean to point fingers because I shot the guy admittedly, he has every right to attack, but that OT dang man that was some Orochimaru-locking-down-Kakashiwith his lethal intent eye contact level shit.

I don't really have much else to say- personally, I did nothing wrong. And shooting him instead of disarming/punching was what I should have done, fucked up, trying to backpedal and de-escalate, he would not have it. From then on is Ahelps chiefly

1. I did not break any rules- CMP could have brigged me to handle it all IC. you can say that in terms of escalation I skipped a step but, even assuming I did so intentionally, it's obvious I wasn't trying permanently remove the OT from the round as much as he was me and clearly gave several indications of, hey, I am seriously trying to not escalate her- I just want my tires back.
    2. I did not lie intentionally in my ahelp- I say I shot a warning shot intentionally missing- and, as an ex-headmin of /vg/, I understand sometimes players unintentionally lie.
    Shooting a warning shot so they either would stop running or drop the wheels def crossed my mind, then after I shot him on accident, I thought about emptying the clip into the wall(where I bump him several times then shoot the second time, as then he would see clearly I'm out of ammo, before I empty it HE drops the wheels so I say fuck it), holster, and I could
    drop it without him picking it up and shooting me(I changed my unload macro, need to check and see which it is), he drops the wheels, I try to grab them and run- I'm reacting and improvising here, lot happens in a tiny time frame
    3. Finally, you might say I should not have logged off-

I'm sure there's player panel, new player panel, so sleep should be a button there on my panel, if not, VV-> have Sleep = 1 primed, but only sleep me once I prove I'm a shitter- if I'm being honest, great, if not, that will be almost instantly clear and just more evidence for the admin(as well as very very very very easily fixed or otherwise a nonissue).

I get sleeped. All that tells me is they do not trust me, and they are not listening to me nor giving me the opportunity to illustrate how long it takes to deliver two, so have 0 interest in me proving my evidence. They have already told me what and why I did wrong, I told him my what and why- and as I am sleeped, it's clear that I have made no progress in proving myself nor proving it's an IC issue. He can say OK I am banning you, how long, and where to appeal- I know all that, so since it's like, 12:50 ish, rounds prolly over- if I can't win, am sleeped, there's nothing more I can say or do. Admins do it for free, and I try to respect them for that because I too do it for free, and I also understand sometimes someone else is mad at me, and ahelps- that helps, and personally? Most people do that as a knee-jerk reaction 'cause they're made in the present- I've answered for my actions, they already told me what they think I did wrong, I gave him 15 mins of my time being mostly respectful, but at a certain point, I'm not here to explain myself for free just as they aren't here to ban people- outside of I don't believe you because.. or my previous point stands..- I have nothing more to contribute to my defense, and outside of reiteration, they have nothing more to tell me I did wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't do ban appeals under 24hrs and even if it were appealable it would not remove the note.

If you want the note amended file a staff report, even if you just copy and paste what's here. Doesn't necessarily get anyone in trouble, that's just the method of doing it.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)