Personal InformationByond ID?
    Craftedminer

Marine Name
    Felix Jones

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Hugo

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    A historian, Hugo is a firm believer in the phrase “Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” This drives a behaviour of interviewing and documenting events when they have no priority tasks to accomplish. Providing the rank and file troops with an avenue to express themselves and data for High Command when operations go wrong.

Hugo uses their extensive knowledge of history in many ways, wherever it be to raise the morale of troops by recounting stories of military battles won against all odds or for insight during diplomatic discussions with the 3WE, CLF, or UPP. Ultimately history is data, so why not use it to your advantage?

In-game this quirk I believe can be reflected in a number of ways with Hugo having a historical fact about this particular day in history every round, being seen investigating or asking marines if they found any important documents on the colony that may point to what happened, or briefly singing old military war songs to raise the spirits of marines during sieges. This will be an addition to the interviews as demonstrated within the story below when appropriate, such as during the RnR period before Xenos come aboard Hugo may interview a mutiny leader before their execution for example.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I've been drawn to synthetic due to the high RP standards of the role. Since returning, I've found RP to be an extremely enjoyable aspect of CM for me.

It has allowed me to get to know other players, and playing support roles gives me a great sense of accomplishment, knowing I can help make rounds enjoyable for other players by ensuring things keep ticking over smoothly, whether it's getting them patched up or delivering players supplies.

Therefore this has lead to me applying for synthetic today as I would like to take the next step forward in helping contribute to RP in SS13. The robotic aspect of synths and their RP has always intrigued me and the challenges it poses. That in combination with them being a jack of all trades support, having to juggle their knowledge from so many different areas in a round, is something I would thoroughly enjoy applying in-game.

Synthetic Character Story
    Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Word Count: 1,194.
    Hugo interviewing a private following an ambush.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Familiar, I know how to repair APCs, and set up Power and T-Comms from memory. I'm able to construct FOBs by myself and their guiding principles, as well as the shipside operations such as loading the OB. I'm currently working on expanding my engineering knowledge and developing it further.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Familiar, I've spent my hours in command as a SO in CIC, I'm confident with using the Overwatch Console and communicating with the other departments to directly support the squads as well as help SLs by provide information on downed causalities during a push on my own initiative. I'm not afraid to give orders and justify them at a later time if the original plan has run into problems.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Incredibly familiar. I'm able to effectively run all aspects of Medbay such as Chemline, setting up Cryo, Unga Juice by myself and from memory. This extends to surgery as well knowing all the main procedures from memory and how to effectively manage a crisis situation such as being the only medic with 5 revives needing to be done.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very familiar, I'm able to run Req by myself knowing where all the common and slightly uncommon item requests are located, what to send down in the FOB crate and communicating with squads to send down items or supplies.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    1st Example: I'm building cades for the FOB and a runner pounces me with no marines around to assist, I'd then engage in self-defence until the runner is either killed or flees.

2nd Example: I'm heading to Nexus on Hydro Road alone and see a lone marine currently being slashed repeatedly by a runner after being pounced, I would then rush to the marine's aid until the runner either fled or was killed and then treat the marine.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Special thanks to Philip Clap and optimisticdude for checking my story pre-application and helping me to finetune Hugo's quirk.
    Thank you to Amber for the links to SS13 CM lore and all the lore contributors that manage those pages! It helped give me a lot of new ideas for fleshing out Felix and Hugo during the brainstorming process making me a better roleplayer as a result!
    Last edited by Craft; 07-18-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really made an effort for your application. I like the story and I think you will be doing good as synth. You have my support since I've seen you playing a lot. +1 good luck.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've played a lot recently and I saw good gameplay from you, we've also talked about your story and personally, I like your quirk.

+1, good luck man

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, I've seen you asking for help in writing the app and I see you as a doctor plenty of times. I'm sure synth shouldn't be too hard for you. engineering the most advanced thing would be repairing the APC and even that is pretty straight forward so nothing too hard.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you around a fair bit; good story, quirk and applications all-round. This application is done really well, at least I believe. You've asked for help on this, along with knowing most departments too- I think you've got a pretty good chance here. Most stuff is relatively straight forward, and even if you aren't extremely familiar on one thing, I'm sure you can figure it out. You put effort into this, asked for help, and have a good story and quirk (imo).
    +1

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your quirk is really interesting and I'm interested to see how you can use it in game with the marine squads and CIC staff. I can't say that I've heard anyone talk negatively about you and from what I hear, you're competent at all the support skills and tasks. I think that it's great that you want to get into more RP, and I think that you'll be a great addition to the robot uprising.

The only thing I'll say is just know that even though you can probably run the operation on your own due to your experience as SO, but just remember synths aren't allowed to take command of the helm, and any orders to squads you overwatch that aren't the words straight from the mouth of whoever's in charge are a no-no, and while I doubt you'll have any issues with this, just keep it in mind when in CIC. However, working with departments just as you said is totally fine, only rule is to make sure whoever's in charge knows and is okay with it. But overall, looks good.
    Last edited by liltiptop; 07-29-2021 at 02:01 AM.
    Nick 'Shards' Weller - Delta Marine
    Miles - Synth
    - SYNTH COUNCIL MAFIA GANG -

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to a new policy we have, council doesn't have to post +1/-1 on your application, we discussed it internally.

We decided on accepting this application. The quirk is doable and a great way to apply an OOC interest to an IC personality, and you have decent vouches. My only concern is that your story was written with large paragraphs which gives an unrealistic expectation of how your dialogue will go, but I understand your motive behind doing so in the story.

Good luck!
    Synthetic Senator