User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: LilPenpusher - CO Guidelines (BE)

  1. #1
    Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    LilPenpusher - CO Guidelines (BE)

    Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    CCRWasHere

    Date of Incident
    July 21, 2021

    Your Character Name?
    Van Bandolier

    Accused Byond Key(if known):
    LilPenpusher

    Accused Character Name
    Misti Rockwell

    Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1:10 PM

    What rule(s) were broken:
    CO Guidelines (BE)

    Description of the incident:
    Event round where I was spawned in as the huntsman "Van Bandolier", and sent down to hunt an admin-spawned, feral predalien. I announced my presence to the CO, Misti Rockwell, and went about my merry way to deploy and kill the beast.

    Unfortunately, Aliens meta-rushed the landing zone and wiped out the Marine force in the first ten minutes. The only thing I accomplished was hitting the predalien twice with my two-bore gun - only injuring it.

    After evacuation, I decided to try to convince the commanding officer to redeploy. I moved to the CIC to begin applying baroque, British charm to persuade her. I told her that true huntsmen do not retreat, and that her men fleeing so quickly was shameful.

    As I was boasting that I was at the forefront during the entire fight, and shouting for her men to "tally ho!" Misti Rockwell decided the best course of action was to execute me.

    I was a civilian that in no way, shape, or form was a threat to her, her Marines, or her command. This knee-jerk reaction was almost schizophrenic in reasoning: that because I called the Marines "cowards" I deserved death. I said no such thing.

    Also, the player even admitted to executing me just out of anger. This conduct is unbecoming of a whitelist holder.

    Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Warning if first offense for unlawful execution. Removal from whitelist if not the first time the player has done this.

  2. #2
    Whitelisted Captain LilPenpusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The linked Discord message was, fyi, a joke. I obviously did not execute you simply because I was frustrated and angry. Although yes, it was a really crappy and bad """minor event""" as they usually go.

    In reality, you were a random guy walking into my CiC roundstart, carrying a gigantic shotgun on your back. You are not USCM, you are a civilian, meaning "technically" you aren't even authorized to have that weapon, but I obviously ignored that for the sake of "haha funny event time".

    Skip to the problematic post-evac scene.

    You come into CiC after we've evaced. This evac literally occured no more than 10 minutes after initial drop because the Aliens not only metagamed the LZ but also had a Abomination from the get-go that assisted them. We got absolutely steamrolled. Marines, after evac, were incredibly pissed at you, the hunter, for doing fuck all the entire op. In fact, you were occupying our medics with healing you because SGs kept hitting you or something? I didn't see for myself, I just heard medics and SLs repeatedly saying "Watch out, this guy doesn't have IFF".

    So people were understandably salty about you, and by that point I, ICly, had already expressed my frustration about having needed to evac 10 minutes after deployment. I even sent a message to HC that "if we dont get serious reinforcements now, this will be a serious military disaster and the Corps will be a laughing stock as a result".

    Now, take the above into account - people shifting blame on you, and my character fearing that this will ruin the reputation of the Corps and her own - and then add onto that you walking into CiC yet again.

    You expressed your words rather charmingly in the report, so let me put into common man's words what you said to me, the Captain, after we lost the entire groundside with dozens dead:

    - You told me that "oh no! I only shot it twice, dammit!" as if this entire operation was just about you - disrespecting the dead marines entirely

    - You told me that "We need to redeploy! The hunt isnt over yet" as if you have any semblance of authority on my ship. You're literally just a random fuckoff civvie coming from who-knows-where and you barge into a military operation, and then you DEMAND that I redeploy my troops after they just got slaughtered. Not a good idea.

    - You told me that "retreating from the ground was a shameful display". That comment is what pushed me over the limit.

    You came into CiC boasting about yourself -as you said yourself in the report - and did so in front of my entire CiC staff. You proceed to try and vaguely order me to get marines to redeploy, before adding that what we did is "shameful" and "cowardly".


    In conclusion:

    No, I did not BE you because I was mad over a event. I BE'd you because you behaved like an absolute chipmunk after a disastrous operation. ICly my character - and most of the Marines - were pissed (because a shitty admin event ruined a round), and you boasting about yourself while trying to vaguely subvert my authority and also INSULTING me, and my marines - all in front of my Officer staff?

    Not happening. I killed you because you disgraced me and the entire marine corps. If we had had any MPs, I admittedly would have had you arrested instead, but we did not. I made sure to check the manifest before pulling out my gun. Without MPs, the only alternative would have been to deputize my only SO, but he seemed rather new to me, so that was also not an option.

    With MPs not being present and deputizing not being an option, I simply ended up shooting you rather dramatically. You were a fool, and insulted everyone aboard the ship. I could even have bended things further and declared that "this hunter probably KNEW about the Xenos, and the Abomination, and wanted to hunt it - but he didn't tell us at all beforehand! FUCK that guy!" but I didn't. If I did, the accusation would have been subterfuge, but alas.

    Yes, technically not lawful (I guess) but this was in a event round and you were a event char who had already played his part. I ended up killing you and an admin spawned MARSOC (due to my HC message) and we won without you. I've seen COs BE people over grave insults before to save face, and this seems more like a IC issue than an OOC thing to me. Council's call though. Funny minor event.
    Lance Corporal Misti Rockwell, Squad Medic (Alpha/Bravo).

    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.


    Captain Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.


  3. #3
    Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive mental gymnastics. I especially like the "It was just a joke, bro," approach.

    In all seriousness,
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    Marines, after evac, were incredibly pissed at you, the hunter, for doing fuck all the entire op.
    Wrong. There wasn't even an OP to do "fuck all" by your own admission:
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    This evac literally occured no more than 10 minutes after initial drop because the Aliens not only metagamed the LZ.
    Furthermore,
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    In fact, you were occupying our medics with healing you because SGs kept hitting you or something? I didn't see for myself.
    is untrue, for - as you say - you "didn't see for yourself". One smartgunner did shoot me a few times by accident, but it did nothing to me. No medics saw me until one revived me only after Marines had evacuated. You're creating misinformation if you think I was a hinderance to the operation. You're grasping at straws thinking that gives you an excuse.


    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    So people were understandably salty about you...
    ... people shifting blame on you, and my character fearing that this will ruin the reputation of the Corps and her own.
    Again, misinformation. Marines were completely, unreasonably salty about me even before the drop. As soon as I entered the Alamo, Marines decided to attacked me non-stop. It got so bad an admin had to sleep the entire dropship. Logs will corroborate this. These griefers are rulebreakers, so think again if you believe siding with them was a proper thing to do as a CO whitelist.

    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    I BE'd you because you behaved like an absolute chipmunk after a disastrous operation... I killed you because you disgraced me and the entire marine corps.
    You told me that "oh no! I only shot it twice, dammit!" as if this entire operation was just about you - disrespecting the dead marines entirely. You told me that "We need to redeploy! The hunt isnt over yet" as if you have any semblance of authority on my ship. You're literally just a random fuckoff civvie coming from who-knows-where and you barge into a military operation, and then you DEMAND that I redeploy my troops.

    You came into CiC boasting about yourself. You proceed to try and vaguely order me to get marines to redeploy, before adding that what we did is "shameful" and "cowardly".

    ... You boasted about yourself while trying to vaguely subvert my authority and also INSULTING me, and my marines.

    You were a fool, and insulted everyone aboard the ship.
    This is the crux of the argument as to why you executed me, and this is not a valid cause. Frankly, I think you're insane; you reached the conclusion that me calling the operation disastrous, and lamenting that I only shot my quarry twice, equals me disrespecting the entire Marine Corps.

    Also, your insecurity towards your own authority doesn't warrant death sentences for those that makes suggestions you disagree with. You're out of your mind if you believe a civilan making a request counts as a "vague order".
    Lastly, expressing that the entire Marine force getting wiped out in ten minutes as shameful is not unreasonable, nor is getting angry with the statement. What IS unreasonable is deciding to fucking execute someone over it.

    I never called you or your Marines "cowards", or anything of the sort. I said that Marines fleeing was shameful, and it was to my fearless, big-game hunter. Whatever scrambled neurons in your brain connected my bemused ramblings about injured pride as me "subverting your authority" is absolutely insane. You shouldn't be a CO with this attitude.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | ENLISTED MARINE

    Jall Thar'n |


    Dossier

  4. #4
    Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ. I looked over the video again, and I didn't even call the Marines' retreat "shameful". I said it was disastrous . Because it WAS. OBJECTIVELY. I was executed because of a statement YOU AGREE WITH:

    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    I BE'd you because you behaved like an absolute chipmunk after a disastrous operation.
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | ENLISTED MARINE

    Jall Thar'n |


    Dossier

  5. #5
    Senior Member Jamesthebond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not a place for debates Wait for logs and a council decision unless other witnesses are coming forward with evidence.
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger


    Discord Jonathongun#0219

  6. #6
    Developer & CO Senator naut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CO Council has concluded that this example of a battlefield execution was invalid and was unnecessary for what was shown to us as just VB talking about a loss of the operation. At no point were any lives in danger nor was the operation in jeopardy due to VB's actions and words.

    We have decided to resolve this with a heavy warning for the accused.

    Report closed - resolved.
    Rear Admiral Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    & Synthetic Tara.

    CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    Developer (as of of 3-23-21)

    I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

    im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    https://cm-ss13.com/forums/showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •