43 53.09%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: remove MPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Reminder that there's a law that if you are holding a weapon you can get brigged for 15 minutes, and MPs will brig you for it if they're shitters. "But it is in ML!!!! COPE." Just because you're being allowed to be a dumb fuck doesn't mean you should be a dumb fuck.
    It's actually 10 minutes, and not explicit muhreen law but a SOP violation and falls under "Failure to Follow Procedure" in ML.

But otherwise yes, MPs are shitlers if they arrest you for it without warning or NJP. Hell when it was first added as a Law, and not moved to SOP, it explicitly was the only law that said to issue a Warning first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you consider the arrest time, processing time and release time it adds 5-10 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have 0.1 hours as MP and i do not intend to change that

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem I have with MP kinda come from the fact that our drag speed is so fucking slow and movement is already slow as hell. doesn't help that when you do finally get into the brig the MP isn't gonna be fireman carrying you 100% of the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    the problem I have with MP kinda come from the fact that our drag speed is so fucking slow and movement is already slow as hell. doesn't help that when you do finally get into the brig the MP isn't gonna be fireman carrying you 100% of the time
    Transportation of suspects to Brig was not a big deal when I was playing MP. I only played as MP during that period of time where Stims was a T2 tech and CiC would purchase it all the time. I'd pick the speed stims, get NVs and say the quotes of Cloaker from Payday 2 while arresting people. It mostly took around 1-2 minutes to get to Brig from Lower Engi with speed stims and it didn't slow you much when you dragged someone behind you. Too bad I can't do it anymore since Stims is not a T2 tech.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    the thing is that the brig used to be the easiest place on the entire ship to get to, as it was in the middle of lower deck right between medbay and briefing, making it so that you never had to walk more than half the length of the ship in order to get to it (Due to command ladders). But now the brig is west of the cic and is the most inconvenient place on the map to get to because you might have to walk the entire length of the ship. Most crimes also take place in the rear half of the ship (preps, req, engineering) so this has just artificially made the journey longer.

Good MPs will also start the timer before they replace all your clothes with prison clothes so the sentence won't take that long. If an MP isn't fireman carrying you, just remind them - I'm sure they'd like to get to the brig quicker instead of wasting time dragging you through the ship.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never got arrested as a marine cause I don't break any crime but I'm typically the XO who call MP to arrest the clowns