User Tag List

Thread: Willzadl - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Willzadl - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Willzadl
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    John 'Ruger' Cowert
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Schalkguy
    Total Ban Duration
    28 days
    Remaining Duration
    28 days
    What other servers do you play on?
    None
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Rule 3: don't be a dick. Raged at another player in dsay calling him a discksucker and a retard after being politely asked to stop by the other player, escalating to a month ban. Player does not seem to understand why saying these things is unnaceptable to this level.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I would first like to mention the double standards during the ahelp, where as I'm getting confronted and banned for saying retard while in dchat people are using it without confrontation. I do not have photographic evidence but rather on the basis that if you log into the server at this very moment, you will see somebody calling somebody else retarded or asking if they are retarded. I also believe that there is a certain level of maturity in the audience of CM and SS13 as a whole, bringing into question such things as XRF, which appears to be accepted as a joke and fine to speak of by most, which questions to which degree calling somebody a retard will affect them as an adult. I understand that this ban was escalated as I had previously called someone a f*g, however, from my perspective of seeing other players also use the word retard, I thought it was something more freely used or more permissible for use. My 'reason' for saying these things to this player is due to the fact that he had harassed me about my skill level after I had died as survivor three times. I accept this is not a good reason and that there are no reasons for saying this. Again, I do not have photographic evidence and I am unsure of how I am to obtain it at this time. I am not appealing for a complete removal of the ban, just a de-escalation. I admit responsibility for my actions and am sorry for this and previous transgressions, of which I will STRIVE to avoid again.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned to an admin for review

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For further context and an addition to my appeal: I don't know if this will help at all but at the time, for context, I thought that he was insulting me when he had said 'I wasted two grenades'. This player had previously berated me for my skill after I one-handed a shotgun, and after significant improvement gave me no quarter and nitpicked me. I agree entirely that I went overboard and should not have, but I fervently apologized in the ahelp, although I was taking a moment to cool down before apologizing to the player, as recommended to me previously.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After discussion with the admin team the appeal is being denied as we believe this was a fair punishment due to your previous note history.