Defender CATO
    Their BYOND Key
    Silencer pl
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    16:43
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Description of the incident
    During ship's hijack while xenos largery outmatched marines I pushed some captured marine into req pit. Its hard to believe that different way to kill marine is such an offence that need to be criminalised. I cant hardly think that xenos cant be creative with their killing. We dont see xenos getting banned or noted for throwing marines into toxic water/ pushing them into blue flame so they cant be revived, or when warrior removes all limbs from marine. In the end marine was already dead, it doesnt matter if he would be slashed, punched to death or gibbed.

Furthermore I dont believe it was meta gaming nor none was griefed by that, xenos are able to perform creative killing. We are not NPCs.
    Evidence
    logs
    How you would punish the accused
    note removal

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case logs are pulled, please note that I didn't notice the round has ended, so our conversation resumed once the round when this occurred ended. I also applied the note at the beginning of the next round.

You were warned because you removed a marine's corpse from the round for no reason other than it was fun for you. This was ahelped by said marine. My issue was not that you were creative with your kills or disposed of them using normal mechanics (like gibbing, delimbing etc), but that you literally moved a devoured body to spit it into the pit.

Let me go down the list of why I did what I did:

- The marine in question was not thrown into the pit as result of combat or an accident or the million ways they could end up down there. You deliberately devoured them and threw them down there.

- It is NOT your call when a marine or marine round is "not recoverable" in one shape or other. Yes, marines were overwhelmed during this hijack, but how could you have known that?

- Your actions removed the marine form the round and bypassed their perma timer. The fact that this was done during hijack/near round end was in fact why I didn't use a harsher punishment.

In a normal situation like this, removing a marine form the round like that would be a pretty heavy offense and a case of abusing game mechanics. I only applied a warning because despite everything, you didn't do much damage. But regardless, what you did was not something that we'd allow under any circumstance.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've conferred with Nanu, the head dev.

I'm going to resolve the report without logs because the premise of the report is *very* simple.

"I was noted for pushing someone into the ASRS pit." No one disputes this, it's just a matter of "Allowed" vs "Not allowed".

Nanu has stated it is acceptable/intended behaviour to use ASRS pit as a method of killing marines. You can't really drag dead marines anyway, so you can only realistically end up throwing incapacitated marines in there anyway.
    The mod in question did nothing wrong according to known procedures and will not be receiving any warnings, but the note will be removed from your account as requested.

Resolved - Accepted
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)