Date of Incident
    July 23, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Hanz Braun

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    Felix 'Cash' Taylor

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    9:20PM-10:20PM (The Entire Round)

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 11: Marine Law

Description of the incident:
    Game started and I wanted to get a metal hand to I figured I would try to cut mine off then get one from the doctors, since it would look badass. Before I could do so, Felix 'Cash' Taylor Stun batonned me, then arrested and confined me for insanity. This part I get, but I'm just giving the full setup for context.

He (Felix 'Cash' Taylor) put me in a straight jacket, towed me around on a chair, called me his pet, and repeatedly stun batonned me for "therapeutic purposes" which about 40 min into the "game" was allowed by a doctor for fun I guess... His fellow MPs, I think their names were Rocky Davis and Larry Hughes, were moreso bystanders, but I would expect other MPs to arrest this Felix idiot for clearly abusing his position. I refused to talk to them because it was obvious that they just felt like abusing my character all game and I didn't feel like giving them any more satisfaction. They also lied about their actions when I called out for help to other marines and those in higher positions of command while being towed in the chair, and Felix even stun batonned me in front of command near game end, which is when action would have begun being taken, but alas the game ended.

What fUn round...

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I didn't think to take any, since I was chatting with Fortelian during the game, but they referred me here near game end, so I've just been filling this out since. Sorry, hope you can see the logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    I would just blacklist Felix from being a MP if possible. The others should have done something about him, but its whatever.

Thanks for your time.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a prettttty disingenuous report and I really dont understand it. ALL you had to do the ENTIRE round was explain yourself... and never did.

You started stabbing yourself to death, in the middle of briefing, surrounded by people. So I arrested you for self harm; which falls under insanity. And took you to be treated in medical. You didnt say a single word the whole time.

When I took you to be treated; you finally spoke by lying to nearby marines and claiming that the MPS did it.. which we didnt, and tried to bait a jail break. Eventually the marines left but you continued to not explain why you did it.

I then immediately tried to give you a change to defend yourself and be cleared of insanity by having the synth interview you, which you refused to say a single word to, explain your actions etc. Having nothing to go on the synth couldnt make a judgement and so we moved you to the brig.

I straight jacketed you because you tried to kill yourself already.

You refused to explain your actions in brig; to the cmp; to the other MPS.. so we put you in the holding cell.

What we should have done is left you there for the rest of the game... but your behavior was so strange I thought you were either afk, up to something, or experiencing lag. And permaing someone is really the last thing I like to do. Its boring and a waste of a player's round. So we kept going.

We interviewed you at your cell.. you refused to answer.

We then had a meeting with all the mps... and ate donuts (and fed you one). I brought you along in case you wanted to say something. You didnt move or respond.

I then took you on a walk, because yes I was being a bit silly; but to my surprise once we were inside the CIC you started talking. What you said was lies that we beat you, confined you for no reason, and then ONCE AGAIN stopped talking and wouldn't give a response to our inquiries.

We moved you back to the brig on CMPS orders, where you continued to not talk.

We moved you to the CMO's office for another round of interviews on your insanity... where you once again refused to talk. The CMO declared you insane and recommended shock therapy; so we batoned you under his supervision (silly yes).. and low and behold you spoke again.. making threats and insults.. but still would not defend yourself. The CMO asked you, the other mps asked you, you refused to talk. The only time you did talk was upon being prodded. So we concluded the shock therapy was working and took you to see the CO (I thought you were playing along at this point... it doesnt make sense otherwise).

I shocked you in the CIC.. and sure enough you started talking again.. but refused to answer any questions.

Then the Provost showed up... where you once again refused to say a single word.. and despite what you said in the report of "when action would have begun being taken, but alas the game ended." You were DECLARED INSANE by the provost after all the evidence and because you still refusing to talk, right before the round ended; upholding my charge.

Did it get a bit silly? Yes. But your behavior was so bizarre that none of the MPs, nor myself could figure out what the deal was. You had 50minutes to say "I just wanted a robot hand" and we would have called you a dumbass and made you do pushups.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I barely witnessed this but I did get an ahelp in game so I'll give my side of the story.

I'm dealing with a rule break when I get an ahelp about MPs abusing Hans, so I send ito in as as inspector to allow me time to wrap up the other incident I was dealing with. By the time I'm able to actually start investigating more stuff round is over and has already been delayed to deal with the first guy. I had no investigations at this point into MPs, other than what the inspector saw, but they were a bit late into the show too, so I wasn't going to hand out any bans or delay the round any longer, especially since marines were devolving into apps and I did not want the round delayed an additional 20 minutes when a report could be much cleaner so I advised the reporter to file this PR. As for what I actually saw, Hans was in a straight jacket and wheel chair being brought around and was in CIC where the MW Felix harm batoned him once with a stun baton, I do not know if that was accidental or what, but that's what I saw, because I had to get back to dealing with ape marines.

Logs will give us a clearer view of what actually happened between MPs and Hans, because from what it sounds like, it began after briefing? So I suggest waiting for logs to be pulled, as staff don't like people arguing on reports, only giving your witness to the incident.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MP Rex Johanson here. I witnessed some of the treatment. The prisoner was out of the Brig often and should have been contained to the brig. Once the insanity was confirmed the prisoner should have been confined to the perma-blocks and left alone unless receiving medical care from the CMO. I was told to bring the Prisoner to the CMO and there I witnessed some of the above abuses after the CMO "authorized" shock therapy which I found to be against the rules. I suggested against it and asked the CMP for clarification that was not provided. I continued to try to speak out for the prisoners rights. I asked that a Fax be sent about the situation to the CMP which there was no time for. I'm not sure this was a single person at fault perhaps Felix was the one doing the stunning but the CMO was authorizing the procedure and the CMP didn't shut it down right away. I think alot of things could have been done better here. That's what I saw. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I was an MP that round and I don't know if I can come on this report to add comments and all but, as a witness, I can say that I don't think i've ever felt that uncomfortable in the game. Since it was literally my first time MP I was pretty much unaware of mostly everything and I was quick reading the ML while playing (Not the optimal strat I know) but the little I saw was enough to almost discourage me from playing again.

First of all I want to apologize to Shiva_The_Deceased because I'm pretty sure I should've put an end to that ridiculous abuse but I also thought that the admin staffs would be better at doing it since a normal MP has less power than the warden and I didn't know if it was some kind of joke at the beginning. Anyways, what I witnessed was the warden, Felix, having the prisoner in a straight jacket and claiming for him to be insane which I couldn't really question since I didn't see the altercation between them so all good I thought. CMP called the MPs to his desk so we could look at the mighty RNG four sprinkled donuts which was funny, until the prisoner got dragged in with the mention of making him learn to have normal human interactions which I didn't think much of it since I was still busy trying to incorporate the ML in my brain. After that, I heard countless of time the warden mentioning the prisoner as his "pet" which made me cringe to a next level. Not really wanting to interact with that individual, I chose to do the lazy "go somewhere else and pretend that retards don't exist" instead of calling him out (Again, my mistake and i'm sorry for it). I did witness Felix, the warden, calling the prisoner a pet, stunbatonning him for absolutely no reason, having the prisoner in a straight jacket in one of the shutter room up in the brig, Flashing the prisoner for no reason claiming that he was "trying to escape". To redeem myself a bit, I bring forth screenshots of the chat.

First contact with the prisoner which I thought was just afk.
    1.jpg

CMP having to already tell the warden to lay off a bit, right after, since the warden was already flashing him for no reason (I sure wonder why he refused to talk!)
    2.jpg

MPs speaking during the donuts awe, talking about how the prisoner should see normal human interactions until he gets stunbaton'd for no reason, good irony.
    3.jpg

Warden boasting about prodding someone that is in a fucking straight jacket.
    4.jpg

CMP literally having to tell the warden that the prisoner isn't a pet which also made me want to jump out the boat.
    5.jpg

And I have more but 5 attachments by posts so that's what y'all get.
    Anyways, this deplorable scene just made me understand why MPs are always so despised. That literal psychopathic behavior made me feel disgusted knowing that another human being was having his round get smeared like that. I know there was more abuse but I literally chose to stay as far as possible from that cringe factory, so I sadly don't have the part where they got him to medbay so they could shock him?? Or something like that. Warden was being super taunty about it during the whole time I witnessed it.

I do not think a prisoner refusing to talk is a good reason enough to have him abused for a full round for no other apparent reasons and i'm quite surprised that admins didn't act beyond sending a provost and saying do a report.
    Furthermore, I do not think a mentor, who is supposed to help new people and be somewhat friendly, should boast about it after the round on discord. I do not see the player fit to play MP at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was CMP that round, so I'll put my 2 cents here, yes, until he got processed into perma it all went pretty straightforward, that Hanz attacked himself at brief > arrested for insanity in perma.

The part I have issues with is afterwards with Felix repeatedly harm batoning / taking him for "walks" which I didn't allow (only I allowed was to the CMO office, I now realize I should have instead left him in the perma cell and asked the cmo to come in, only reason I didn't is because I believed the player to be afk) and the "pet" name calling that I suggested he stop, but didn't press it much further, first time I noticed him speak was at CMO's office, by then the CMO had asked for "shock therapy" to be applied (which as CMP i had no clue how to react to) to make him speak.

I'm still a bit new to the role but I should have stopped the mp when it was getting seriously uncomfortable, my main goal with taking him to the CMO was to make the situation more public (more witnesses and a chance to rp through that insanity charge) and give the prisoner someone else he could speak to that wasn't an mp so I could see if he was truly afk or not and pissed with his treatment (since I was getting concerned about the whole situation), but that turned out horribly wrong, should have faxed HC at that point but round ended / provost called.

Personally..... Hanz, sorry I didn't take more definitive action to get Felix and you separated, I wanted to encourage you to talk but I completely understand why you didn't (I've been on the receiving end of that before), just to put my POV of this situation, like Rex said, a lot of mistakes were done (specially in brig procedure which is on me) and I should have shut down the situation in the first place, here's my personal logs for transparency so you can judge by yourselves:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gw62rk8rl...0454.html?dl=0

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CMP could have ordered me to stop. He didn't and the times he did I stopped.

If you are all uncomfortable you could have said something but didnt. Could have objected or had me arrested or faxed.

Molto, since your a new MP, you keep perma prisoners in the perma cells (the shuttered ones); and you keep self harming ones in a straight jacket. Theres no rule against calling them a Pet. I agree you shouldnt flash them for no reason but it got weird so. I wish you would have said you were new so we could have done some training instead. Keep playing MP, only most of us are tyrannical.

I am seeing a lot of junior members in here. In the future, if you feel I am out of line or uncomfortable; say something. Even if its just in LOOC. It's just a game. None of you said or did anything but play along. It's distressing that you were bothered (other than the prisoner and he could have ended it at any time) when most of you played along at some point. I've been arrested, poisoned, and murdered as warden in the past all in good fun. It's a game. Had I known you were actually being bothered we could have just permaed him and moved on.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short version of what i managed to investigate (this is ic wise, not logs wise).
    With the exception of the initial conversation i had with mp Nora to get my bearings, all the covos happened in cic that involved me. The prisoner and cic staff were present to this and cmo mw and cmp.
    Prisoner was self harming and refusing to speak by enlarge with a few exception.
    At the time of the arrest there was no cmo, but there was a synth, the synth for whatever reason was unavailable to perform the checkup.
    A timer was started and was at about 32:00 by time i got there (presumably it was a 60 min timer). CMO authorized electro shock therapy shortly after doing the eval because the prisoner was uncooperative. (this was in cic 30 ish minutes into the sentence)
    The prisoner was jaketed for self harm, and stunned as an interrogation technique. There was a CMP Brad in the round too and they were at lest partially aware of the status of the prisoner, arguably the XO knew some things too as they were in cic.
    Arrest and briging I believe were done by the MW felix. I didn't notice the harm baton near the end i thought it was just stun.
    I declared the prisoner insane due to the self harm and refusal to talk.
    To the best of my knowledge the prisoner did not consent to the experiments, but then im not even sure if they were around anymore.

Concision imparted to felix, have xo name a cmo to do the eval or alternative charge, for example, assault and major disorderly instead. initially i told him to have the charges appealed but they counter argued he didn't ask for one (and due to it being past end of round and the prisoner uncooperative, i didnt care). I did not address the stunning in any manner, mostly due to checking ml and not being sure of the context of the stuns and time ran out.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ito726 View Post
    Short version of what i managed to investigate (this is ic wise, not logs wise).
    With the exception of the initial conversation i had with mp Nora to get my bearings, all the covos happened in cic that involved me. The prisoner and cic staff were present to this and cmo mw and cmp.
    Prisoner was self harming and refusing to speak by enlarge with a few exception.
    At the time of the arrest there was no cmo, but there was a synth, the synth for whatever reason was unavailable to perform the checkup.
    A timer was started and was at about 32:00 by time i got there (presumably it was a 60 min timer). CMO authorized electro shock therapy shortly after doing the eval because the prisoner was uncooperative. (this was in cic 30 ish minutes into the sentence)
    The prisoner was jaketed for self harm, and stunned as an interrogation technique. There was a CMP Brad in the round too and they were at lest partially aware of the status of the prisoner, arguably the XO knew some things too as they were in cic.
    Arrest and briging I believe were done by the MW felix. I didn't notice the harm baton near the end i thought it was just stun.
    I declared the prisoner insane due to the self harm and refusal to talk.
    To the best of my knowledge the prisoner did not consent to the experiments, but then im not even sure if they were around anymore.

Concision imparted to felix, have xo name a cmo to do the eval or alternative charge, for example, assault and major disorderly instead. initially i told him to have the charges appealed but they counter argued he didn't ask for one (and due to it being past end of round and the prisoner uncooperative, i didnt care). I did not address the stunning in any manner, mostly due to checking ml and not being sure of the context of the stuns and time ran out.
    Only minor correction is that the synth DID perform an evaluation.. but since the marine refused to say anything; was force to rule it as inconclusive. Thus we went to the CMO when he woke up for a second opinion.

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is true, i misremembered, you guys reported it as inconclusive actually.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx