Byond ID?
    Lunarflu

CM Character?
    Amir Al-shabbah Alomera

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UST+1

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes; I have been a discord Admin for multiple large servers, as well as a subreddit moderator.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Occasionally, but CM-SS13 is definitely the main one.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I'm an Admin for Middleground, a discord focused on debate and personal growth. https://discord.gg/middleground

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Of course! I'm available almost every day.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I PM him to ask what's going on. If it's accidental, then I give him some advice to keep his weapon holstered an with safety toggled on.

If it was trolling / intentional (i.e continued shooting, tracking targets), I give him a verbal warning and apply a Warn.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'm not well-versed in the predator code yet, so I'll pass it onto someone who is more experienced. I'll ask them what the verdict was after the dust settles to learn how we treat those kinds of situations.

I'll also PM the predator in question to get his perspective on things, can't hurt to get multiple POVs.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Naked + lost = New player, almost certainly. I PM him and offer to help in explaining what the main goal is (suit up, follow leader, kill xeno). If possible I'll connect him with a marine shipside so that he can be led more efficiently to the armory, canteen etc.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Generally I'm not troubled by insults, and even while dealing with emotional people I can keep a clear head. If I can't resolve whatever the issue at hand is on my own due to his unwillingness to compromise, he's probably a troll. Depending on the severity I'll either pass him onto an Admin+ staff member (giving staff a warning about his emotional state) or just mute him.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I thank him for ahelping, never hurts to show graititude.
    John Doe is against the rules, names should not be from famous people or from widely-known sources. Since it's not a serious offense and RP guidelines have recently been more lax, I can just PM him about it and explain the situation.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Guns out = potential danger, so I PM him to advise that he holster his weapon, since green security level means there's no need for weapons to be out. If he complies, then we move onto the next issue; Techs shouldn't be armed. If he's armed for a good reason (CO told him or something) he's free to go; Otherwise I'll ask him to put the gun back for now (if it's generic armor and he wants to wear it, I think it's not really an issue.). If he doesn't comply and ignores me or starts shooting people, that's when I shift to warn/kick.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I clarify with another staff member the stance on this; I've not played survivor so I'm not aware of any special RP guidelines, though a case could be made for "insane" etc, and the survivor did warn before shooting. In the meanwhile I'll reassure both sides that I'm looking into it so that tensions don't build.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Running into an opened door and grabbing one attachment is a pretty small "crime". Even if the player was stubborn about it, it doesn't merit permanent confinement.
    I'll PM the MP to see what his thought process was and to get more facts before making a decision.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Depends on how much it's stagnating; If they need a little push I'll PM the Queen and CO and give them a little push.

If everybody's just lazing around and the round really needs to be over, I'll make an announcement for all sides to see, urging them fight and die courageously.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    ALL my patients and PREVENTING marines from being revived? Really sounds like griefing to be honest.

I immediately PM them to see what's going on. If they continue or aren't apologetic (not hard to figure out giving marines random pills is bad practice) I give them a short ban for griefing and thoroughly explain why they shouldn't halt all progress in medbay. If they are apologetic and stop their actions, then they may just receive a warning.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    If CLF is hostile to marines then a marine is in the right to shoot one. EORG only applies within factions, insofar as friendly fire is concerned. The round might end, but you're still enemies. I PM the CLF member to let him know marines are entirely within their rights to kill them.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    It's less serious (could pass for rough play) so I keep an eye on it and see if it stops, or if it continues and starts to give serious injuries. I PM to thank the victim for the notice, and to let him know I'm looking into it.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Marines killing marines usually happens with friendly fire or misplaced C4. A...punch...is definitely strange. I PM the murderer to see what happened. If it was a low damage source such as a punch, the time required to kill would be extremely high, so either it was a long series of persistent attacks (would show up in logs), or it was an accident and the marine was just that low on health (in which case he can be revived, hopefully.) If it was on purpose I issue a day ban to the murderer (you need to be very persistent to kill with punches). If it was an accident, I explain it to the victim.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Not too experienced with mutinees; Instead of acting quickly based on little information I would prefer to act later based on more information, so I'll ask another staff member how to approach the situation, what they recommend.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Depends what is meant by "minor racist comments". If they're saying stuff like "That guy with the arabic name blew things up again!", to me it doesn't warrant disciplinary action (happened in one round, everybody had some laughs, then it was over). If somebody keeps pushing the line further and further and getting more clearly racist and hateful, that's different and needs to be stopped. Very dependent on context. My response to the ahelper depends on the context of the situation.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Chances of this happening by accident are ridiculously low; In other words, it's appropriate to issue a day ban and to try and contact the offending marine. If it was an accident then we can revisit the ban decision, but based on the description I'm extremely dubious.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Happened to me a few times by accident. General pattern is, larva is fastest caste, so people speed to frontline as larva to provide support quickly. Either due to lag, lack of reflexes, lack of gamesense, or bad luck, they find themselves too far out and a stray bullet hits them before they can retreat. It's a completely honest mistake most of the time. If it looks suspicious for some reason, that's when I would PM and clarify with the player why they went way too far out, etc.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    AYYLMAO is 100% human speak, so not appropriate for xenos. Insulting the queen is a proper offense, same as attacking the CO in my opinion. It's a hivemind, you have no free will, you certainly can't insult the Queen. If it's been going on for a while I mute him, otherwise I PM and tell him to stop. I explain that there's guidelines for RP, aliens should at least try to act like aliens. Shitposting during a round and annoying fellow xenos breaks immersion and ruins the fun.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Is it LRP? Technically yes. Is it serious? No. I've seen countless similar gaffes from xenos, typically they are too busy following orders and multitasking to remember to RP at 100%. It's not worth disciplining over. I PM the ahelper and explain all this; It's a minor single case so there's no need to worry.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Technically command shouldn't know there are aliens until the marines land. Depends on the context really; If he says "we're gonna rush into the xenomorph hive and kill the T3s with explosives", that's pretty severe as far as metagaming goes. In that case I PM him to let him know he should just give basic military orders, they can't have xenos in them.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Is it RP to murder a fellow brother to save your cowardly character? I don't think so. I PM him and tell him that murdering marines for bad reasons is not tolerable; If the other marine agrees or is infected with a larva, that's different.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Again, I don't have issues with players insulting me personally. If he spams, it's different. If he insults other staff, it's different. I'll try to calm him down since LOOC should remain clean of insults in general, if he doesn't listen or continues to be an ass, then I'll probably mute him for a short time depending on the severity. If he wants to talk I'll DM him in discord and he can rant to me there.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Well, what does it mean to be SSD? Your character acts like a sleeping character. If you're hugged while sleeping, hey, you chose to sleep out in the open without any marines around to help. If you SSD on the floor and xenos kill you, you shouldn't be revived. Therefore, if you SSD and xenos hug you, you shouldn't be magically cured. I PM him and tell him this; He should at least try to SSD in a spot where other marines can help him.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If it's a minor mistake I DM them later in discord and clarify best I can what course of action would have been correct. If it's a major mistake (like banning someone permanently for ODing a marine) I PM them and explain why I think they were incorrect, and try to undo the ban ASAP. If necessary I'll ask for the opinion of another staff member.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If there's any uncertainty, you shouldn't be taking concrete disciplinary action. Wait until you're 110% sure. If the majority thinks the player should not have been banned, and I agree, then I'll unban and PM the staff who banned in order to resolve things with them.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'm enjoying being able to help as a Discord Volunteer, and would like to offer even more of my time to the community. The game is excellent, the culture is fun, and I believe I have experience that will be helpful towards maintaining, and even improving upon, the current state of the community.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Not to take things personally.

If a moderator always converts issues into emotional dramas, nothing will get done. He may soothe his ego, yes, but the community will suffer as a result.

In my experience, moderators who are willing to bear the pain of being patient, the pain of listening and of reaching out to members to resolve issues peacefully; Those moderators tend to be the best, and the communities they moderate tend to be the happiest.

Anything else you
    Open invitation if you'd like to join the middleground server and see what kinds of stuff the staff there do (i.e how we respond to troublemakers, our goals for servers and moderation in general).

Idea is to give proof that I have experience helping communities and enforcing rules fairly and without bias.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I PM him to ask what's going on. If it's accidental, then I give him some advice to keep his weapon holstered an with safety toggled on.

If it was trolling / intentional (i.e continued shooting, tracking targets), I give him a verbal warning and apply a Warn.
    Excellent reply. If it was a private or a single shot it can often be assumed to be an accident, but yes following up with the player is a good idea.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'm not well-versed in the predator code yet, so I'll pass it onto someone who is more experienced. I'll ask them what the verdict was after the dust settles to learn how we treat those kinds of situations.

I'll also PM the predator in question to get his perspective on things, can't hurt to get multiple POVs.
    I like your thought process here, but this is incorrect. We don't moderate whitelist issues, tell the player to file a report on the forums. If tehre is not a player to file a report tell a council member yourself.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Naked + lost = New player, almost certainly. I PM him and offer to help in explaining what the main goal is (suit up, follow leader, kill xeno). If possible I'll connect him with a marine shipside so that he can be led more efficiently to the armory, canteen etc.
    Good answer, you can also teach him to mhelp and direct him to a mentor. Always use a SEA if one is available and not just any marine.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Generally I'm not troubled by insults, and even while dealing with emotional people I can keep a clear head. If I can't resolve whatever the issue at hand is on my own due to his unwillingness to compromise, he's probably a troll. Depending on the severity I'll either pass him onto an Admin+ staff member (giving staff a warning about his emotional state) or just mute him.
    It is against the rules to be hostile to staff and you shouldn't tolerate it. You should first give him a warning, and if he persists apply a ban. Also we do not forward issues on to Admins upon a request. The only reason we would forward an issue would be if we do not have the powers neccesary to resolve something. YOu have a right to have staff listen to your complaint, not a specific staff member.

player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I thank him for ahelping, never hurts to show graititude.
    John Doe is against the rules, names should not be from famous people or from widely-known sources. Since it's not a serious offense and RP guidelines have recently been more lax, I can just PM him about it and explain the situation.
    Yep, good reply. You can also change his name for him.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Guns out = potential danger, so I PM him to advise that he holster his weapon, since green security level means there's no need for weapons to be out. If he complies, then we move onto the next issue; Techs shouldn't be armed. If he's armed for a good reason (CO told him or something) he's free to go; Otherwise I'll ask him to put the gun back for now (if it's generic armor and he wants to wear it, I think it's not really an issue.). If he doesn't comply and ignores me or starts shooting people, that's when I shift to warn/kick.
    This is an IC issue and you should let the MPs handle it. I recommend keeping him an eye on him though. He might for instance be prepping to deploy to FOB, or just screwing around. Mods don't intervene over SOP matters.

Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I clarify with another staff member the stance on this; I've not played survivor so I'm not aware of any special RP guidelines, though a case could be made for "insane" etc, and the survivor did warn before shooting. In the meanwhile I'll reassure both sides that I'm looking into it so that tensions don't build.
    Survivors are not allowed to be hostile towards marines, this would be considered grief/IE. It's always a good idea to let both sides know you are looking into a matter.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Running into an opened door and grabbing one attachment is a pretty small "crime". Even if the player was stubborn about it, it doesn't merit permanent confinement.
    I'll PM the MP to see what his thought process was and to get more facts before making a decision.
    What would the correct sentence be? How would you deal with the situation ICly (the player should not be left in confinement)? What would the punishment for the MP be? Feel free to give a couple scenarios.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Depends on how much it's stagnating; If they need a little push I'll PM the Queen and CO and give them a little push.

If everybody's just lazing around and the round really needs to be over, I'll make an announcement for all sides to see, urging them fight and die courageously.
    Mods don't generally make OOC anouncments over stuff like that. Pming the queen might be okay, if a little overt. Remember you have IC solutions to this with ARES and QM.How might you handle it ICly?

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    ALL my patients and PREVENTING marines from being revived? Really sounds like griefing to be honest.

I immediately PM them to see what's going on. If they continue or aren't apologetic (not hard to figure out giving marines random pills is bad practice) I give them a short ban for griefing and thoroughly explain why they shouldn't halt all progress in medbay. If they are apologetic and stop their actions, then they may just receive a warning.
    ABSOLUTELY NOT. You do not handle situations you are personally involved in no matter how egregious the conduct. Ask another staff to handle it as you cannot reasonably be unbiased handling your own issues.

he round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    If CLF is hostile to marines then a marine is in the right to shoot one. EORG only applies within factions, insofar as friendly fire is concerned. The round might end, but you're still enemies. I PM the CLF member to let him know marines are entirely within their rights to kill them.
    Good answer

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    It's less serious (could pass for rough play) so I keep an eye on it and see if it stops, or if it continues and starts to give serious injuries. I PM to thank the victim for the notice, and to let him know I'm looking into it.
    That would be roundstart schenangians and thus against the rules, especially factoring in the stealing of gear. Depending on the severity you should PM the player and ask him to stop with a warn added as well if he stole rare supplies.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Marines killing marines usually happens with friendly fire or misplaced C4. A...punch...is definitely strange. I PM the murderer to see what happened. If it was a low damage source such as a punch, the time required to kill would be extremely high, so either it was a long series of persistent attacks (would show up in logs), or it was an accident and the marine was just that low on health (in which case he can be revived, hopefully.) If it was on purpose I issue a day ban to the murderer (you need to be very persistent to kill with punches). If it was an accident, I explain it to the victim.
    I think you misunderstand. Marine A punched marine B. Marine B shot marine A in retaliation. When you PMed Marine B and ask why he shot Marine A his response was because he punched him. Please reanswer the question.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Not too experienced with mutinees; Instead of acting quickly based on little information I would prefer to act later based on more information, so I'll ask another staff member how to approach the situation, what they recommend.
    You have to act quickly on mutinies, waiting and seeing what will happen later is not a goo didea. Use MOOC to tell the mutineers to stop this unproperly called mutiny, and asleep everyoner involved if they do not follow your directions.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Depends what is meant by "minor racist comments". If they're saying stuff like "That guy with the arabic name blew things up again!", to me it doesn't warrant disciplinary action (happened in one round, everybody had some laughs, then it was over). If somebody keeps pushing the line further and further and getting more clearly racist and hateful, that's different and needs to be stopped. Very dependent on context. My response to the ahelper depends on the context of the situation.
    If someone is making someone else uncomfortable enough to ahelp they should at the least be asked to stop. We have a zero tolerance policy for racism here.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Chances of this happening by accident are ridiculously low; In other words, it's appropriate to issue a day ban and to try and contact the offending marine. If it was an accident then we can revisit the ban decision, but based on the description I'm extremely dubious.
    This is blatant grief a week ban would be more appropriate. Would you aheal the people who were shot?

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Happened to me a few times by accident. General pattern is, larva is fastest caste, so people speed to frontline as larva to provide support quickly. Either due to lag, lack of reflexes, lack of gamesense, or bad luck, they find themselves too far out and a stray bullet hits them before they can retreat. It's a completely honest mistake most of the time. If it looks suspicious for some reason, that's when I would PM and clarify with the player why they went way too far out, etc.
    No, larva are not supposed to go to the frontlines to "provide support" they have ansolutely zero combat capability and can withstand about a single bullet. They should not go near combat for any reason as all they are doing is wasting a xeno. Give the player a warning and tell him to stay in the nest as a larva.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    AYYLMAO is 100% human speak, so not appropriate for xenos. Insulting the queen is a proper offense, same as attacking the CO in my opinion. It's a hivemind, you have no free will, you certainly can't insult the Queen. If it's been going on for a while I mute him, otherwise I PM and tell him to stop. I explain that there's guidelines for RP, aliens should at least try to act like aliens. Shitposting during a round and annoying fellow xenos breaks immersion and ruins the fun.
    You PM him and ask him to stop , you don't generally mute players unless they are spamming. This is also at least a warn and if there is a past record possibly a xeno ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Is it LRP? Technically yes. Is it serious? No. I've seen countless similar gaffes from xenos, typically they are too busy following orders and multitasking to remember to RP at 100%. It's not worth disciplining over. I PM the ahelper and explain all this; It's a minor single case so there's no need to worry.
    This is literally quoted in the rules as acceptable language usage by xenoes. It isn't "not worth disciplning" it isn't against the rules.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Technically command shouldn't know there are aliens until the marines land. Depends on the context really; If he says "we're gonna rush into the xenomorph hive and kill the T3s with explosives", that's pretty severe as far as metagaming goes. In that case I PM him to let him know he should just give basic military orders, they can't have xenos in them.
    Any mentiopn of defintely xenos should be dealt with strictly from command with at least a note. In ANY case where they mention xenos you PM them, not just if it's that egregious.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Is it RP to murder a fellow brother to save your cowardly character? I don't think so. I PM him and tell him that murdering marines for bad reasons is not tolerable; If the other marine agrees or is infected with a larva, that's different.
    Is sure is RP to murder someone else as the only way to save your own hide. "There is one evac pod left and four people are trying to board it. The Hive is closing in on you, in desperation you kill the marine in front of you to take their place." The rules explictely say so.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Again, I don't have issues with players insulting me personally. If he spams, it's different. If he insults other staff, it's different. I'll try to calm him down since LOOC should remain clean of insults in general, if he doesn't listen or continues to be an ass, then I'll probably mute him for a short time depending on the severity. If he wants to talk I'll DM him in discord and he can rant to me there.
    Players insulting any staff, including you, with slurs is unaccepable. You should escalate to at least a three hour ban to let him cool off.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Well, what does it mean to be SSD? Your character acts like a sleeping character. If you're hugged while sleeping, hey, you chose to sleep out in the open without any marines around to help. If you SSD on the floor and xenos kill you, you shouldn't be revived. Therefore, if you SSD and xenos hug you, you shouldn't be magically cured. I PM him and tell him this; He should at least try to SSD in a spot where other marines can help him.
    Correct

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    If it's a minor mistake I DM them later in discord and clarify best I can what course of action would have been correct. If it's a major mistake (like banning someone permanently for ODing a marine) I PM them and explain why I think they were incorrect, and try to undo the ban ASAP. If necessary I'll ask for the opinion of another staff member.
    You don't try to undo the ban yourself. You msay and explain the problem with the other staff member. If they don't listen to you and it's a serious issue take it to managment.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If there's any uncertainty, you shouldn't be taking concrete disciplinary action. Wait until you're 110% sure. If the majority thinks the player should not have been banned, and I agree, then I'll unban and PM the staff who banned in order to resolve things with them.
    You are NOT the banning memner. You do NOT have the authority to overwrite others bans even if you disagree. If a staff member believes a ban is correct and others disagree, he does not need to remove it even if he is in the minority. If it's egregious you take it to managment.

You obviously put a bit of time into this and the grammar is correct, but it is riddled with errors. You answered maybe 4 questions correctly and showed total ignorance of the rules, instead just relying on your gut. I think you should spend a lot more time studying the rules and rethinking your answers. This is gonna have to be a -1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of your answers are incorrect, including some that are explicitly stated in the rules. -1, but you did put some time into this, I believe you could do mod in the future, but until then you should read the rules page and other accepted applications to learn the correct rulings.

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya! First of all I want to thank you for applying, its always nice to see people willing to join staff.

Now to get to the actual application I have a few issues with it.

Issue 1 is well... your answers. A bunch of them are pretty wrong and that isn't really too good to see. Now I want to add why its important to get the answers right: In the application you have a bunch of past applications to look at and about infinite time to read the rules and consider how to handle the situations. In game you don't really have that time, so if you get a bunch of the answers wrong with basically as much time as you'd like its hard to imagine that stuff in game would get handled properly either.

Issue 2 is your semi recent notes. I don't really think this is the place to discuss them but having 2 pretty serious notes from not that long ago does also make me think twice before giving your app my support.

All in all this is going to be a -1 from me. Although all my interactions with you have been pleasant I cant in good faith give this app my support in its current state.
    I can however give you my tips to basically guarantee at least my +1 if you apply again.
    Read our rules again and keep them next to you while filling out your app. Its not shameful at all to use the rules page while moderating, I think everyone does it all the time.
    Second tip is: Look at some of the other apps that got accepted/denied. They'll give you a pretty good picture on what is and what is not a right answer. You shouldn't copy their apps but it can help a bit with getting your own answers right.
    Thirdly you should ideally stay note free the between now and your next app. Although IIRC 30 days note free at least is a requirement.

Anyways yeah I'm sorry but I can't really give my support on this app. I'm gonna wish you good luck on a future app if you decide to make one though! I'm pretty confident you have the drive and good intentions to join staff.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I'm saying anything here that the other moderators haven't, but I am saying it more bluntly not to be mean, but in the hopes that I am clear as possible and that you remember it. The biggest issue for me is the collection of just straight wrong answers. While certainly, people makes mistakes and no-one has everything memorized, if you can't put in the effort to read the rules for your application, what can we possibly expect of you as a moderator?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the late resolving of this, I've been unexpectedly busy IRL (but in a good sense)

I like you lunarflu, but this app is full of holes.

A lot of your answers lack knowledge or confidence in the specific rules they're enforcing.
    Of note, I'll just rattle a few off but Schalk already covered most of it

We don't tolerate hostility in PMs towards staff. Even if you're okay with it, it's not acceptable to allow that sort of behaviour to continue so that they can abuse someone else. You can de-escalate the situation as best as you can, but continued hostility should be met with punitive action.
    You need more experience with what is and is not an IC Issue. The maintenance tech question is an example of an IC issue that does not need moderator input unless further circumstances arise. However, people being racist IC is not an IC issue and *is* something that needs moderation action (namely, a warn or ban depending on the scenario)
    Don't handle issues that you are directly involved in (the medic question) unless it's literally not possible to otherwise, and *definitely* do not attempt to overrule another staff members ruling or undo a ban. There's a chain of seniority and Smods/Admins can clarify or overrule things on occasion but generally if something's majorly wrong or done incorrectly you should be raising it to their manager.

I'd like to see you try again but you need more experience in game with a focus on the rules. There's too many things here for a trainer to try and resolve. When you feel more comfortable to try again, please apply no later than 01/09/2021.

Things to do for the next application:
    Re-read the rules and staff ranks, protocols and procedures - several of the questions here are easily answered by what's written down. Never be afraid to double check a rule before giving an answer. I do it all the time, no one can be expected to know everything.
    Get more experience in game - MP work is great practice as a form of IC moderation, and is also important because moderators are expected to make marine law rulings on occasion
    Read other applications and ask staff for advice - There are several staff members willing to help out, particularly those with the mod trainer tag on discord or any who responded to this application. There's obviously myself as well, but you've also got a wealth of previous moderator applications to look and see what they wrote. No plagiarism though please.

Thank you for your interest and I hope to see you apply again sometime, but this will be denied for now.

Useful links
    //showthrea...-and-Protocols
    https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Rules
    Last edited by Somenerd; 08-01-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)