Byond ID?
    special1kira

CM Character?
    Akira A. Bowchief

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    THA/ UTC + 7

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20~ give or take

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    was a developer beforehand in another server. and I have experience dealing with players from my own server with 10-20 players.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    TG/TGMC/My own. formerly Citadel/Skyrat/Fulp

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    staff on my own server as a co host / management (I write the rules and deal with how rules should be enforced)

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    3 days ban for my not-safe-for-work messages on CM-13 discord

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    due to a certain drama that I don't really know if I should mention. I'm banned from every single 18+ server (not including one I have already been banned on for unrelated reasons)

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, Of course. I have been also communicating as part of the mentor team and back when I was still a staff elsewhere I was extremely active in that community.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would first jump to mob( the CM jump to mob aghost the user so their original character would be wherever I left it) if I am in a safe location then (if I'm not playing survivor I should be in a safe location since this is the start of the round) PM the player and ask why they shot the MP. if he said that his gun was disarmed while he had it out I would ask further by whom while also checking his mob with view variable to check for his combat logs on if he was attacked by someone else and may have taken out his gun in a panic and shot the MP instead. I would also ask the MP who was shot at the round start so I could know what happened from their point of view. I would then check if the player has been noted or banned for any similar incident and then apply a note/ban if necessary.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would inform the player that the staff cannot make rulings for honor code and that if they want to. they can make a report on the player for the honor code. I'll link them to the report form or if they want to take it directly to the council member. I'll tell them who the council members are and their contacts.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would staff who to see if there's any mentor and then mentor say if there's anyone who is able to go and teach (x) as they appear to be lost. otherwise, I would try to PM the players and teach them myself as I have been SEA before.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would maintain my composure and inform the players that if they have an issue with me. they may make a staff report on me and link them to the appropriate page. otherwise, if it starts to get on my nerve I would divert the ahelp to someone else and let it cool off.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would inform a player they need to make a Semi-Unique name that isn't used by any character that exists in the lore (or has been used in the source material for this game) in this case john doe is a name used for people whose identity could not be confirmed and thus. should not be used as a character name. I would offer to changes his name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is against standard operating procedure and thus is an IC issue. as written [Authorized Weapons - Code Restrictions
    Code Green - Authorized Weapons may be carried by deploying marines (any standard issue weapon or weapon ordered from requisitions), security (non-lethals and sidearms only, not riot gear such as beanbags), and any personnel issued with a weapon upon the start of an operation.]
    given that the context implies the threat is largely neutralized or not confirmed yet which would mean it's either at the start or the near end of the round.
    If it's at the start of the round I would inform the player that this is metagaming as the player is not an active combatant who should be armed with a primary weapon on code green and warn/note them appropriately. if this was the near end of the round this can just be dealt by MP as it isn't really likely they'll get to use the gun to do anything meaningful aside from shooting another player which would get them banned for EORG.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    if this was LV I would check if the survivor was a CLF (as there is a CLF spawner on LV even if it's extremely rare and unheard of) I would tell the marine that the survivor was a CLF(if my investigation showed up like that) but if not I would warn the survivor that they're not allowed to be hostile toward the marines (unless there was an event that allowed the survivor to be hostile which would likely be informed to me while I'm dealing with the player or before I would PM the survivor)
    on any other map, I would check if we had any minor event that had hostile planetside role that was not mentioned to the marines. and then inform the marine it's part of an event.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would look further into the situation as often time Ahelp could be greatly exaggerated especially for shipside shenanigans like this where MP tends to antagonize the crew. I would PM the player and ask for their point of view on what happened and then ask the MP what is their point of view on what happened. I would consult with other staff to see if there's anything that I should take into consideration on the verdict. if there is no good reason as to why the player should be locked up on permanent confinement I would inform the MP that they should've been released and given a lighter sentence or none at all as an attachment can be seen as necessary to the marine and to take them away could fuel further mistrust in the MP.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would check with the staff if anyone is able to join to help the round go faster(given that moderators have restricted power overall as to prevent abuse) I would tell the alien that it's now or never in the queen mother directive to hopefully speed things up or subtle message to the aCO/ground side marines that the other side might be weak and could be stopped now if they all try hard enough.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    given that I am a medic in this situation I would help it and let someone else deal with it as I am having a player issue that should not be dealt with by me as the person in the actual incident itself as it's happening. and avoid an accusation of being biased.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    as far as I am concerned this is an IC issue as both sides are enemy and this would be mostly fine unless the round ended in a situation where both sides should not be fighting. then I would PM the marine that attacked the CLF they aren't supposed to attack the CLF as they are no longer an enemy for this round. if such were not the case I would just tell the CLf player that this is fine as they are both hostile toward one another.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    this is also somewhat of an IC issue, soft griefing and low-roleplay.
    I would check if the player has any historical notes of any related incident. I would PM the player that their behavior isn't acceptable and they should not do this. if they ignore me I would note them for their behavior. if they have multiple notes similar to this I would consider banning them temporarily for a few days (or longer depending on the gap in each note)

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would tell both players they should avoid fighting each other and heal the marine if they were not able to be revived on time. shooting another marine instead of punching them back or just ignoring them suggest the player may not be aware the player shouldn't just outright kill another person for crossing them and I would PM them to remind them that this isn't okay. if they ignore me for an extended period of time with no response or immediately log off I would note them.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would inform the mutineer they did not inform the staff they were going to mutiny and this informal and improper mutiny is not acceptable. If the marine does ahelp and asks for mutiny I would assign a mutiny leader antagonist role to the player that ahelped and then subtle message the CIC they have a mutiny coming and need to get prepared. if the above situation could not occur because the marines were not cooperating I would MOOC and inform them to disband the mutiny. if not I would then deal with them by sleeping all the mutineers and deal with them individually.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    if most players are okay with it and one isn't I would inform the player that the person is fine to make a somewhat inappropriate joke but also inform the person that they should really avoid making such as it could be met with punishment.
    making racist remarks is not an uncommon occurrence in real life and is not limited to the civilian populace. military forces also have to suffer from prejudice aswell. however, with modern CM we don't really tolerate this anymore I would have to deal with it accordingly if it does become a problem.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    this is a blatant case of grief as no sane person would join to attack others and then immediately log off. I would note the person and if they ever come back and do it again in the next or so round I would ban them for a day.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    this is. surprisingly not uncommon and I myself have died from being too overly curious. I would PM the player they should be more careful to not do this and check if they had any similar history on joining and then immediately dying as certain roles on purpose and note them on this if they have done it before.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would XOOC and tell the Xeno to knock it off that they have to be more respectful and not sprout memes every few or so seconds in the chat just because they can. I would note the player if they kept doing it after my warning.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would inform the Xeno player that. as of 2021. Hivemind is considered a translation of the xenomorph thoughts and they're largely allowed to just say whatever they want (within reasons of course otherwise they would just shout racist slurs into the hivemind which would be a different kind of rule break)

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would check in with the command player on how are they able to know there are aliens on the planet as this is an unreasonable assumption(even though every single map we have right now clearly shown the xenomorph tubes in all their glory if you look at the wiki but we can kinda overlook that as something we really should overlook for the sake of gameplay) if the players had good reasons as to why they said there are aliens on the ground side ( either because there was a fax or something like that ) I would inform the marine player that the command player was informed about there being alien on the ground by survivors and let them go on with their day.

However, If the command player did not have a sufficiently good reason as to why they say there are aliens on the planet, I would warn them they should not say that.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    generally, this is not okay to do even in some other servers as this is being a dick in some context. however, in some contexts, it would be *Fine* to do it if the player escalated properly and offered the person inside a chance to leave.
    otherwise, this is grief and I would warn the player appropriately. given that the situation for evacuation does mean the player's character's life is at risk. it is somewhat acceptable given the right circumstances.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would just ignore them, as a staff member and as a former developer of fortune 13. I was very confrontational about the development and the community, considering I stuck around for a whole week and continued to develop quietly while also coordinating the devs team while also being constantly annoyed by some people to add certain niche features that they could do it themselves.

I have seen far worse things than people googling up insults to call me just because they can't handle being warned for simple issues that anyone could've made and not just them.

if I paid attention to everything people said about me I would not have the courage to be a developer elsewhere, to begin with knowing it's full of making decisions people aren't gonna like. and that's the same here.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would inform him that sometimes. things just happen and there's really nothing that can be done. this is an IC issue.

I would say it's an IC issue mostly because Xeno sometimes dies to railgun because they opened the wrong door. stand next to the wrong wall. or just. ran in the wrong direction and into the warm embrace of death. and so can marines.

this is ss13. anything can happen and will happen. but sometimes it is against the rules. sometimes it is an issue that could just be overlooked as a flaw of a certain gameplay mechanic.

I've been in a similar situation myself during a cultist event and complained that my death wasn't okay because I was permanently taken out of the round in a situation I could not have seen coming. but I realized that I should've just kept it to myself and forget about it. things just happen and we're not always in control of it.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Rules are somewhat up to interpretation by the staff itself. it really depends on how the rule was incorrectly enforced.
    I would msay (moderation staff equivalent of mentor say) that they might've enforced the rules incorrectly or that they may have given the person a piece of potentially dangerously false information and ask that they correct it

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would really try to not intervene as rules can be up to the staff to interpret how it should be enforced. I would not want to get caught in a crossfire. the moderator believed their action was correct and the other moderator believes that the said action was incorrect. if it was a serious issue those two would've taken it to a moderator manager to get it sorted.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Because. I have been around on CM since 2017 (albeit I was illiterate and could not read or write in English. I simply just followed people around and doing what I think was what I should do) and I really like the community
    I only recently in 2020 had enough motivation to go for CO. because I wanted to lead and because I want to be respected and entrusted with power. however, in those time I have proven I could not be entrusted with anything. so I went away and improved on my roleplays and myself as a person outside of CM. with that and with my experience on my own server where I practiced commanding people. I decided to give my go at CO, I realized more than ever even if I could get that role. I was not going to be happy. so I quit and gave up. It's only now I have confidence that I could be trusted with power and that I could actually be trusted to moderate this server. because I now have the experiences and people to back it up. because I have reformed into a better person.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    the composure, if you can't handle stress very well it might be better to be a simpler staff role or not bother at all.

Staff is expected to be doing what they believe is right even if players may disagree with them. it's never easy to make some decisions because you wanna give someone a chance. but that could be a mistake. or maybe it was a mistake to not give someone a chance. You have to be very careful with what you do because people will hold it against you.

people will bring up things that will make you uncomfortable (and that's probably when you should just report it to discord staff)

you don't waste your time being a moderator on a server where people will make you uncomfortable and piss you off. you'll get accused of things and antagonized by players. but never lose yourself

Anything else you
    I swear that anything that would be said about me might or might not be true but I have been reformed and has improved massively in the past 4 years of playing CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.

I would maintain my composure and inform the players that if they have an issue with me. they may make a staff report on me and link them to the appropriate page. otherwise, if it starts to get on my nerve I would divert the ahelp to someone else and let it cool off.
    By all intents and purposes, your word would be the final decision. Players don't get to mod / admin shop - dole out the punishment and add a link to the forums for them to make a staff report and they can fight it if they so choose. Hostility towards staff is also frowned upon and if they're being particularly toxic, they're treading grounds to a temporary time out.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?

if this was LV I would check if the survivor was a CLF (as there is a CLF spawner on LV even if it's extremely rare and unheard of) I would tell the marine that the survivor was a CLF(if my investigation showed up like that) but if not I would warn the survivor that they're not allowed to be hostile toward the marines (unless there was an event that allowed the survivor to be hostile which would likely be informed to me while I'm dealing with the player or before I would PM the survivor)
    on any other map, I would check if we had any minor event that had hostile planetside role that was not mentioned to the marines. and then inform the marine it's part of an event.
    Unless there's an event, hostile survivors are not allowed. They may act as if they have PTSD, hysteria or what have you but they're not allowed to be openly hostile towards marines - the distress signal came from them, why are they shooting the people who are there to help them?

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.

as far as I am concerned this is an IC issue as both sides are enemy and this would be mostly fine unless the round ended in a situation where both sides should not be fighting. then I would PM the marine that attacked the CLF they aren't supposed to attack the CLF as they are no longer an enemy for this round. if such were not the case I would just tell the CLf player that this is fine as they are both hostile toward one another.
    Close, but as far as the rule stands, canonically hostile factions (UPP v. USCM, CLF v. USCM etc.) are free game. Unfortunate that they died, but they're free game. They can fight back or they're free to attempt to surrender, but trigger happy marines are definitely a thing.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?

I would inform the mutineer they did not inform the staff they were going to mutiny and this informal and improper mutiny is not acceptable. If the marine does ahelp and asks for mutiny I would assign a mutiny leader antagonist role to the player that ahelped and then subtle message the CIC they have a mutiny coming and need to get prepared. if the above situation could not occur because the marines were not cooperating I would MOOC and inform them to disband the mutiny. if not I would then deal with them by sleeping all the mutineers and deal with them individually.
    Depending on what the illegal mutineers are about to do (IE planting C4 at the CIC doors, instantly gunning down MPs), you may have to do something more interventional than an MOOC. Don't be afraid to sleep the mutineers and get to the bottom of things that way because there's bound to be a few who either A) don't see your MOOC or B) ignore your MOOC. Also, this may just be a me thing but if the mutiny is legal, I don't warn the command staff. If the command staff are completely oblivious to what their men are up to, then that's on them.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.

this is a blatant case of grief as no sane person would join to attack others and then immediately log off. I would note the person and if they ever come back and do it again in the next or so round I would ban them for a day.
    Ban them for 72 hours. There's no need to give them any leniency when it comes to mass grief and an instant logout confirms their intentions.

Everything else you answered are good or can be ironed out during your trial period. I've watched enough rounds with you in them being helpful to marines and without causing much concern - I'm comfortable giving you a;

+1
    Last edited by 6DIRTY; 08-02-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do believe in giving everyone a chance but with my experience elsewhere I know giving people a chance can be a fatal mistake as they may just repeat instead of improving so I want to make sure that if I want to actually ban them, I want to make sure that I'm certain of their intention.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a perfect application and a few answers could use some work, but nothing that can't be fixed in training. +1

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing, I'm of course gonna give you a +1, you care a lot about CM and I know you'll do well as a moderator.

Still, just a couple of notes on your answers.

For the mentor one, you will still be able to spawn in as a SEA yourself, and I often go SEA if I want to take it easy for a round where I can participate but still be free to answer ahelps.

For the player name one, if their name is unacceptable and they won't pick a new one, you can just give them something random yourself, of course as long as it fits within the rules.

For the one shooting up the briefing, you will learn about this in your training, but it is possible to ban someone after they leave the server using some monkey trickery. Obviously, you wouldn't know that yet, and your choice to take it slow isn't necessarily the wrong one either.

Beyond that, I trust the other mods to have good constructive criticism, but I'd say I found almost all your answers to be satisfactory. Best of luck!

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like everyone else went over the bits of your answer that needed some work. Nice improvement from the last.

Got no qualms about giving you your trial. +1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player was involved in a fortune 13 drama incident.

Despite being told numerous times not to brought shit up because they were involved still kept bringing shit up until i confronted them not to be an attentionwhore in discord because no one has the spine to do that because everyone should be nice in discord.

Admitted to having a friend that pretends to be "underage" or actual underage trapping adults into having ERP with them ICly in r18 servers because for the funny.
    Says it in a jokingly manner in CM discord.

Surely nothing can go wrong and we still need more moderators and more future CM drama

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A time frame for when the drama incident occurred would be appreciated, both the trapping and discord halfs, and are either of them still ongoing?

EDIT: I have gotten an answer for it in DMs, and more info regarding the whole incident there. While relevant to the app, perhaps there is enough reason to keep it to dms after all. Management is already aware of it.

The event is relatively recent 2-3 months ago.

I think i will personally leave it up solely to management to decide on that half of things. And focus on the rest of the app to base my opinion.
    Last edited by ito726; 08-03-2021 at 12:19 AM.
    Trial Moderator: 2021-06-13 --- 2021-07-04
    Moderator: 2021-07-04 --- 2021-10-02
    Investigator: 2021-07-21 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Trainer: 2021-08-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Discord Staff: 2021-09-20 --- xxxx-xx-xx
    Senior Moderator: 2021-10-02 --- xxxx-xx-xx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application withdrawn by applicant at this time, may reapply in the future.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)