User Tag List

View Poll Results: Shoud LOOC logs, Discord Logs be taken into account when hiring moderators?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 83.08%
  • No

11 16.92%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod quality has gone down

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very important question to some of the staff members, mostly mods:

I hear a lot from staff that says "We are volunteering to help the community, we dont have to deal with your nonsense. We are doing this for free."

Ok sure, let me ask you this:

If you are completely aware that you are doing this for free for a cesspool of a community....why are you complaining? Isnt this what you call a valued working experience? Are you not completely aware of what you signed up for?

If you are volunteering, why are you complaining? You can quit anytime. Are you using the staff powers as a platform to whine and cry or are you actually helping?

Do you think other staff members have and to deal with your nonsense if you wanna go by that logic?

A wise man once told me:

"Play stupid games win stupid prizes" - Wise Man With No Hair

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a difference between shitposting with staff members, and calling us stupid or bad things like pedophiles and I'll just get that out of the way.
    Also yes there are people we shitpost with back and forth, but there is a time for shit posting, and a time for example if you're getting bwoinked for breaking a rule and being toxic against the staff member doing their job.

However I fully agree we will work on teaching the staff between It's not personal, it's just buisness.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandatory MP hours before applying for moderator when.

Filter out the shitcurity while they are wielding the stun baton, before they get access to the banhammer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barely any staff actually play the game; this then goes on to create a huge disconnect between the player and the staff member, as shown in a lot of rulings. When was the last time you saw a head/manager/admin/moderator play PFC or any support role? Barely a handful.

Even developers play the game more then staff and there's only three of them.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw order playing yesterday as a PFC, and I would go as far as to say that probably a lot of them play with different marines, names off, etc which is understandable because let's be real if I saw 'Thesoldier' running around I would gib his ass. (Just kidding) But the likely hood of being grief-ed for existing is considerably higher playing as a staff member known static than it is just being a random name PFC.

But very high key staff needs to get on the same page. When I ahelp I feel like I'm playing the lotto and not even in a good way.

"Which one am I going to get?"
    "Oh its X...sigh. Time to hear something stupid."

If I have to quote back the rules at the same staff member multiple a-helps in a row they shouldn't be staff, imo. Because that goes into how they are judging, banning, not banning; and so on when they clearly don't even know the rules. How are you making rulings when you don't even know the rules? And I think staff should have to play at least 5 hours on MP so they know marine law. Having to quote marine law at staff that's supposed to know marine law to enforce it is kinda a big "stare" moment as well.

For Community Members:
    And honestly with shit posting. Hate the action, ignore the individual. I have hated everyones actions including my own at one point or another. And don't @ people you don't even know trying to "shit post" with them. Do you walk up to a stranger on the street and tell them you are going to XYZ to them? The answer is no. Use the same rules or a lite version of it and you will never be disappointed. Some of you are straight deranged.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ava is dead but what he said is basically true

Aslong as you competently answer the questions you're essentially guaranteed to get the role regardless of community input/opinion. Most players don't even know if they're allowed to vote on those apps let alone say something negative and give a -1.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm open to try it, but then I'm quite worried CM metadiscord illuminati crew 3.2 will come together and -1 people.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I'm open to try it, but then I'm quite worried CM metadiscord illuminati crew 3.2 will come together and -1 people.
    Which one? Current discord moderation has made sure every single group made their own metacord because they couldn't just have normal conversations in the discord without staff taking issue with it.

By the same token, there's plenty of discords that staff, whitelisted players, etc. are in where they band together to get what they want as well, i.e MP cord, CO cord, etc.

We both know firsthand that everyone does it, Soldier, let's not pretend otherwise, yeah?

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimiety View Post
    Mandatory MP hours before applying for moderator when.

Filter out the shitcurity while they are wielding the stun baton, before they get access to the banhammer.
    Honestly I kinda dig this idea, but I'm sure it falls under the category of cruel and unusual punishment.

As for actually making staff apps harder, I personally feel that opening up people who can vote to more than current and retired staff would be a huge step in the right direction. Also someone mentioned a voice call interview thing, and while I can't say I know exactly how that would fit into our current onboarding process, the idea does really appeal to me.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatHoovyDood View Post
    Honestly I kinda dig this idea, but I'm sure it falls under the category of cruel and unusual punishment.

As for actually making staff apps harder, I personally feel that opening up people who can vote to more than current and retired staff would be a huge step in the right direction. Also someone mentioned a voice call interview thing, and while I can't say I know exactly how that would fit into our current onboarding process, the idea does really appeal to me.
    Make the likeless and the most useless role in which are filled with people with powertripping fantasies and probably the most pettiest people who find fun in removing someone in the game mandatory.

This just falls into the playtime shit again. You can play 200-300 hours of x role but that shouldnt give you a license to be a moderator.
    Its about being connected to the community and you literally picked the worst role because no one talks to MPs.
    Also if MPs mains are already notorious enough to find holes in ML that they might as well do it with server rules.

Ehem. Rule 3.
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 08-03-2021 at 12:06 AM.